The check in experience was one of the worst I have ever had in my life!
The whole process took about an hour and half just to sort through!
When we arrived we showed our booking that we got through Priceline. They then proceeded to tell us that they would need a "hold" of $600. I asked if it was just a hold or a charge and they told me not a charge. They proceeded to charge my card and when it did not go through I told them the card wouldnt go through for that amount but that i thought it was just going to be a hold.
They explained to me that they needed some sort of coverage for incidentals. I said that was fine but why were they charging my card before any incidentals had occured?
That's when slowly I started yanking the truth out of them. The first attendant that helped us was one of the rudest and unhelpful people that I have ever dealt with not only did she not want to explain the charges to me because it would take too long she also didn't look further into our priceline deal to see that we had already paid some of the taxes and fees.
As if that was not enough I told her we had pulled out all of our cash because I called the Atlantis number and that is what they advised and she went on to tell me that Atlantis is a cash free resort and that no on takes cash on the property.
And as if she was doing us some service she asked me how much i brought. I said for my boyfriend and myself I brought $700 for the 5 days. She told me not to worry this can all be worked out very simply that she would take our $600 in cash and "most likely" some of it would be returned when we checked out. I was livid to think that she was willing to leave us with $100 for two people for five days as if that was our issue to work out.
It was so bad that my boyfriend and I were thinking to take our $700 and go check in next door to the Riu. A resort that we had just stayed at in Jamaica and had no interest in ever staying at again.
I politely asked for her supervisor because this couldn't be our only option. We had flown all the way to Nassau just to stay at the Atlantis, there must be a way to work this all out.
I can say that the supervisor was much more informed and a little more helpful. She noticed that we had paid some of the taxes and she explained to me all of the taxes and fees I would incur while staying at the resort.
Even though she was very nice I still feel as if i was ripped off. How can they not tell us about this taxes before hand? No where on our reservation was there any of any additional taxes and the many times that I called Atlantis did they tell me about that either. We ended up agreeing on $300 for incidentals and I barely got any of that money back.
I went every day without breakfast and some days would even eat an apple or banana just because we had to make it through the entire stay with the little money they left us with.
As if that wasn't enough we had been given a late night delight card and every free item on there that we got we found out at the end of our trip we had been charged for. I had to fight once more with the front desk to get these ridiculous charges off.
Atlantis is a beautiful resort I just wish they would have been more honest up front.
I can tell you one thing, when recommending this hotel I am very careful in telling people about this unspoken $600 and also to triple check their bill to make sure the "free" items are really free.
I had never been to the Atlantis but my boyfriend had as a child. Unfortunately, the Atlantis was not the magical world he remembered. He was very bummed about the entire trip and even apologized to me for making me go there.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis Paradise Island
- Atlantis Resort
- Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- Beach Hotel At Atlantis
- Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas
- Beach Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Beach Tower
- Atlantis Paradise Island Hotel
- Atlantis Island Resort
- Atlantis - Beach Tower Bahamas/Paradise Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the beauty of the Atlantis beach just steps away, the Beach Tower delivers a true Caribbean feel in a laid-back environment. Guestrooms have one king bed or two double beds, full balconies with water or terrace views. Beach Tower is perfect for young families and budget conscious travelers, and is closest to the beach, many marine exhibits, the Lazy River, Seagrapes Restaurant, Club Rush, Earth & Fire Pottery Studio, Gamer’s Reef arcade, River Pool, Atlantis Theatre and the Conference Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Amex, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Atlantis - Beach Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.