Returned last night (18th) after staying May 14-18th. We booked the $65 per person special and knew from the reviews we read not to have high expectations...
We did receive a top floor (7th) water view as requested, which we hoped for by booking in Feb. for May arrival. We have stayed in many ocean view suites in all-inclusive resorts throughout the Caribbean & Mexico and I can honestly say the Beach Tower wasn't as bad as I expected. The room is large with table & chair and we were able to use the mini bar to store water & drinks as well as there was a frig left in the room we used too without charge. I would say if you are okay staying at a older, average Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn in the states, you'd be okay staying in the Beach Tower. I would recommend staying in Coral Tower over Beach Tower because we always seemed to have to walk to Coral- for taxi, excursions, check-in, check-out... All services are at Coral instead of Beach. We ate at the Dunkin Donuts (again, outside Coral Tower) for breakfast as we read in reviews before we left. There is a liquor store next to Dunkin Donuts. Beer is $44 a case (# 24) for beers you would buy in the US & $37 a case for Bahama beers. Liquor, including small size bottles, was comparable or cheaper than US. We packed bottle water & snacks and was very glad we did because they were way overpriced- $20-$27 for a case of water, $5.85 for a bag of Doritos! There are shops around the area of Dunkin Donuts where we bought souvenirs. I tried to use a gift card at Dunkin Donuts- gift cards can't be used outside US. I tried off property to use Discover card & not all places accepted. So, if you plan on taking a Discover credit card, take a Visa or MasterCard too. We had no problems with service- regarding our room and when eating. We ate dinner at Mesa Grill. We'd highly recommend eating here. Our bill was $190 for 2 margaritas, appetizer, 2 dinners & 2 desserts. We went on a sunset dinner sail excursion that was disappointing because we left to set sail later, only "1" drink was included & the buffet ran out before everyone ate. We ate off property at Oh Andros Fish Fry and Cafe Matisse, which we'd highly recommend too. It's $15 taxi (each way) to Oh Andros & our service was great, lots of food, and a total bill $45. You do have to pay in cash; no credit cards. Cafe Matisse was $12 taxi each way and 2 mixed drinks, 2 appetizers, 2 dinners & 2 desserts was $190. Yes, 15% gratuity is included automatically but there is no tax. All of our servers were outstanding and definitely deserved their 15%. We did go on a Nassau tour excursion with Majestic Tours that was very informative and used Majestic for airport transfers without any delays or problems. We left for the airport 3 hours before flight and had an hour to eat in airport before boarding plane. All of Atlantis is connected and as reviews say, yes, there's a lot of walking so pack comfortable shoes. We enjoyed the resort, the pools, lazy river, water rides, beach... We did see new "BahaMar" opening Dec. 2014 and hope this brings the prices down... Bahamas beach & water was beautiful and the resort is beautiful but yes, it's costly, but if you plan and go with that expectation, I believe you'll enjoy your trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the beauty of the Atlantis beach just steps away, the Beach Tower delivers a true Caribbean feel in a laid-back environment. Guestrooms have one king bed or two double beds, full balconies with water or terrace views. Beach Tower is perfect for young families and budget conscious travelers, and is closest to the beach, many marine exhibits, the Lazy River, Seagrapes Restaurant, Club Rush, Earth & Fire Pottery Studio, Gamer’s Reef arcade, River Pool, Atlantis Theatre and the Conference Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookIt.com, Expedia, Otel, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Atlantis - Beach Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- Beach Hotel At Atlantis
- Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas
- Beach Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Beach Tower
- Atlantis Paradise Island Hotel
- Atlantis Island Resort
- Atlantis Royal Tower
- Atlantis - Beach Tower Bahamas/Paradise Island