We were at Atlantis from April 16th to April 24th and stayed at the Beach tower with the Atlantis Dining Plan. I have small kids aged 2 and 5 and this place is fantastic for kids of multiple ages. I was a little anxious about staying in the Beach tower as "value" accommodations but they are perfectly fine. We got it on one of the promotions for $179 for a water view and I think it is very good value compared to the prices for the other Atlantis properties.
In terms of the day we either spent the time at the kiddie zero entry pool and slow lazy river near Beach tower or the rapid river and kids play structure/ slides outside of Royal Towers. It probably took us 10-15 minutes to walk to Royal Towers so having a stroller was very handy. We also spent some time at the Atlantis Beach outside Beach tower and at the Lagoon beach (very calm water) outside Royal Tower.
The resort is absolutely beautiful and there is so much to do.
For breakfast we tried both Marketplace and Seagrapes and stuck with Seagrapes because it had the same fantastic selection and was a lot more relaxed due to less people. It is also cheaper so you save on the tip dollar by a few dollars each day. We also took a small cooler with us and packed a couple apples, bananas and some grapes each day after breakfast as with small kids they snack a lot. Also - we were fine to drink the tap water that they served at the restaurants so rather than buying bottled water we just asked for water at breakfast and put it into our bottles that we brought along each morning. Saves $7 a day.
We upgraded to the Atlantis dining plan and have never eaten so well on vacation before. Yes our dinners were between 2-3 hours but we had the iPAD to keep the kids entertained and were able to enjoy our dinners. Mesa Grill was our favorite but all dinners were good. Others we tried included: Bahamian Club, Courtyard Terrace (need to take the shuttle to get to it), Casa DAngelo and Seafire Steakhouse. In terms of cost with a bottle of wine/ drinks plus tip each night our additional bill that we owed outside of the dining plan was between $100 - $130 for each dinner, with $60+ being for the wine. In our promotion we had Kids eat free without a dining plan and in retrospect I think if we got that same promotion again we probably would just go to each of these restaurants without a dining plan and may save a bit because having 2 app, 2 entrees, and 2 deserts is a bit much and we usually ended up only ordering 1 desert to share. If there was no Kids Eat free promotion, I would definitely do the Atlantis Dining Plan again as for $260 for 2 adults and kids eating free which comes with it - it was very good value for the food quality.
The only reason why I give this 4 and not 5 out of 5 is because the Beach tower rooms are a bit outdated (but again totally fine). The only complaint I have is that the water for the shower for some reason never was hot enough.
Staff were VERY friendly and helpful and wanted to ensure you had a great time. Will be sure to return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the beauty of the Atlantis beach just steps away, the Beach Tower delivers a true Caribbean feel in a laid-back environment. Guestrooms have one king bed or two queen beds, full balconies with water or terrace views. Beach Tower is perfect for young families and budget conscious travelers, and is closest to the beach, many marine exhibits, the Lazy River, Seagrapes Restaurant, Earth & Fire Pottery Studio, Gamer's Reef arcade, River Pool, Atlantis Theatre and the Conference Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Atlantis Beach Tower, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- Beach Hotel At Atlantis
- Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas
- Beach Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Beach Tower
- Atlantis Paradise Island Hotel
- Atlantis Island Resort
- Atlantis Royal Tower
- Atlantis Beach Tower, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island