We went to Atlantis March 18-22, 2013 . It was amazing!!!!!!! This was our first time, and was a little worried after reading some of the reviews before we went. Everyone was extemely friendly and we did not meet one unfriendly staff member. The staff are awesome there.Check in was a breeze. They had a staff member there handing us out the daily events for the day which was great. She was so nice and helpfull.
As for meals we did not do the meal plan, we thought we could save money on our own. We are a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids ages 10,14 and 16). For breakfast we brought stuff from home, for lunch we ate pisces in the Water park area , we had french fries are 3.95 and hotdogs are 6.95 . We also tried conch which was 9.95. For supper we had a huge pizza at Marina pizzeria for 29.95 and it fed us all it is big! We also tried the pasta dishes there (around 6.95 -9.95 each) they were great. We ate at johnny rockets with tip for 5 people came to 110.00 Ben and Jerry's ice cream was 38.00 for ice cream cones and 2 of us ate at Quiznos 35 .00. We spent about 900 dollars on food which isn't bad considering some of the reviews.
The water park is great , tons of things to do . The lazy river and the not so lazy river was great for all ages. The lines at the waterslides were not long considering it was march break . The longest line was about 10 mins. Had no problem finding a chair to keep our stuff on.
We took the ferry over to Nassau $4 each way per person. Went to the straw market totally worth the trip be prepared to spend a couple of hours. We also stopped a stores along the way great bargains!
My husband and son went on a snorkeling tour $60 each they had a great time and us girls did the pottery in the beach tower (earth and pottery studio) we each did a piece came to $70 (different prices on pieces) took us about 2 hours . The staff we very helpfull.
The grounds itself are clean and well cared for .Yes there is alot of walking but here is so much to look at just walking around turtles, stingrays, nursing sharks etc... The Dig was wonderful so many fish! The tunnel with the sharks above your head was neat to see. The beach was beautiful , not to crowded. We even rented a stand up paddle board in there lagoon. 40 bucks for half an hour but we got to trade off so we each got a turn. Well worth it. The junkaroo parade on wednesday night was the best , it was in Marina Villiage at 9:30.
Had such an amazing time , we try and go some where different each year but i don't think we can top this resort. Atlantis will be seeing us again for sure!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the beauty of the Atlantis beach just steps away, the Beach Tower delivers a true Caribbean feel in a laid-back environment. Guestrooms have one king bed or two double beds, full balconies with water or terrace views. Beach Tower is perfect for young families and budget conscious travelers, and is closest to the beach, many marine exhibits, the Lazy River, Seagrapes Restaurant, Club Rush, Earth & Fire Pottery Studio, Gamer’s Reef arcade, River Pool, Atlantis Theatre and the Conference Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Travelocity so you can book your Atlantis - Beach Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- Beach Hotel At Atlantis
- Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas
- Beach Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Beach Tower
- Atlantis Paradise Island Hotel
- Atlantis Island Resort
- Atlantis Royal Tower
- Atlantis - Beach Tower Bahamas/Paradise Island