We really had a very nice time at Atlantis. We were there for seven nights in March and we all enjoyed ourselves. We are well seasoned travelers and travel often with our children to 4 star hotels and restaurants. We traveled with three children under the age of six.
We had read a lot of reviews of the property ahead of time and felt informed and new what to expect. (Thanks Trip Advisor contributors!) We decided to go to Atlantis for the amenities - aquariums, pools, and beaches, and realized we were paying for those and not necessarily the highest end room. The Beach Tower rooms are just fine - more along the lines of a three star hotel. The housekeeping staff did a good job and the rooms were fully replenished each day with fresh sheets, towels, coffee for the in-room one cup maker, and shampoo/conditioner/soap, etc.
We booked directly through Atlantis so when it was time to check out, all of the charges were clearly what we had added on after we arrived (mainly food and Internet).
We are active people and so we really enjoyed all the walking. We would leave the room around 8 am and hit the beach/cove. Then when the pools opened up for the kids, we would head over there and play until lunch time. We brought everything with us and didn't return to our room until lunchtime for naps. We would then get back out for a quick swim before they closed at 5 and then get ready for dinner.
We brought breakfast food (cereal, oatmeal, Nutella and wraps) with us and plenty of granola-type bars. (You can buy a Venti milk at Starbucks in the ground floor of Coral Towers for ~$4 or get a half gallon at the market in the marina for $5.50.) For lunch, we did peanut butter crackers or bought a salad and brought it back to the room. We also brought our water bottles which we filled in the room before we would leave. The water tastes like it was processed in a desalinization plant, but we accepted it as part of the trip. Dinner was always at least $100 a night, except for the meal at Johnny Rockets, but we only did that once. The best experience we had for dinner was at Carmine's.
We really enjoyed the staff and found them helpful. Everyone we encountered was friendly.
We loved the marine life and aquariums and spent every evening at The Dig checking out the animals. Our kids loved it and we, too, really thought it was remarkable.
We do have a few negative thoughts...Every morning we saw staff raking the pebbles and sand around the pathways and cleaning up. We would see cocktails and pool towels from the night before just randomly put wherever. There would be food wrappers in the water with the sea turtles and other exhibits which we found absolutely awful. Clearly it wasn't an Atlantis staff issue, rather a selfish, pig-like guest issue. There are plenty of trashcans on the property so we couldn't understand why people would allow trash to endanger these magnificent marine creatures because they couldn't bother using a receptacle. It was just plain disrespectful to the property and animals. From some reviews, it's obvious some people's expectations are out of line. We felt the trip was really not expensive for the Bahamas in March considering all the amazing amenities of the property.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis Paradise Island
- Atlantis Resort
- Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- Beach Hotel At Atlantis
- Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas
- Beach Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Beach Tower
- Atlantis Paradise Island Hotel
- Atlantis Island Resort
- Atlantis - Beach Tower Bahamas/Paradise Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the beauty of the Atlantis beach just steps away, the Beach Tower delivers a true Caribbean feel in a laid-back environment. Guestrooms have one king bed or two double beds, full balconies with water or terrace views. Beach Tower is perfect for young families and budget conscious travelers, and is closest to the beach, many marine exhibits, the Lazy River, Seagrapes Restaurant, Club Rush, Earth & Fire Pottery Studio, Gamer’s Reef arcade, River Pool, Atlantis Theatre and the Conference Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, BookIt.com, Amex, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, Agoda, Stentorian NV, Tingo, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Atlantis - Beach Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.