“EXCEPTIONAL!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 14 hotels in Paradise Island
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“EXCEPTIONAL!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the resort I felt welcomed and wanted. I have never felt this great upon arrival to a resort. I want to make this short but sweet so that EVERYONE knows Atlantis Resort is worth every penny!!!!! The first evening we were on the resort my fiance and I walked around to see what the resort had to offer. We were approached by this wonderful woman by the name of Quieriann. She was a cleaning lady and I would have thought she was the management of the resort. She was so intelligent and had answers to all of our questions. She showed us around and told us all of the great things that Atlantis had to offer. I am so pleased that Atlantis hired such a smart, and helpful woman. The next day we had a bartender by the name of Ali. He was also great and welcomed my fiance and I with open arms. He was fun from the moment we sat down. These two employees are exceptional and they are only two people from the many wonderful people they have on staff. If you are thinking about going to this destination, stop thinking and BOOK YOUR TRIP!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

2,457 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Hicksville, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Just came back from Atlantis this Monday from a Wedding. We stayed a total of 20 hours on premises. We were charged an additional 40% ($104) of our "special" rate of $259 on outlandish charges such as "bellman gratis" of $12 (we carried all of our luggage); Royal Utility Service Fee of $27.50 and other taxes & gratuity fees. None of the fees were mentioned when we booked our room but were found in an e-mail (small paragraph on page # 25 of 40) after I complained. Of course no charges were reversed.

The topper was I contracted the worse case of food poisoning ever. Became sick after the wedding ceremony and wound up spending a day in the ER at home (I'm still trying to recover after 3 days).

STAY FAR AWAY.

Room Tip: Dated facilities; could use an overhall.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
DF
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The hotel is old but it is clean and as it was no high season you could rest. The windows should get double glass saturday I was able to hera RIU's pool party,you can also take advantage of their WIFI that is cheaper. What I did noy like at all was service as you are pre charged they will not go for the extra mile well not even to final line. Outlet prices are expensive but I mean expensive even for buffet is high. The resort is good and you can find many things to do with kids and your couple.

Room Tip: Try to get upgrade to Coral Tower
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My family and I just recently returned from Atlantis, Bahamas. It was our second time at Atlantis. When we sat down with our two older children, aged 7 and 5, and discussed going away again, they immediately said "Atlantis". There was no doubt in our minds, this is where we were going. We stayed 4 nights, the weather was amazing, and our experience was fantastic. This year, we had an additional little person with us, our newest son, aged 1. All three kids loved every minute of the trip. There is so much for the kids to do, and adults, that there is never a "dull" moment. Some people may complain that the resort is HUGE which it is, but not at all a problem for us. We made sure when we left in the morning for our day, we had every possible item needed, so we wouldn't have to return back to our room until the end of the day. Our kids had a blast at the Atlantis Speedway, CRUSH, a kids/teen dance club, the Aquadventure water park, seeing the aquariums, watching movies in the theatre and enjoying eating at all the many restaurants. We had the meal plan, which helped tremendously. The kids ate breakfast and dinner for free at selected (great selection) restaurants. We have decided that we will take the kids to Atlantis every 2 years, until they decide they've had enough. I absolutely recommend Atlantis to everyone, if budget is not a big concern.

• Stayed January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have always wanted to visit Atlantis and finally had the opportunity for a quick visit. I stayed in the Beach Tower hotel as it was the least expensive option for us. The hotel is beautiful and has everything I could need. Balcony in the room was a nice plus. The toiletry amenities were really nice. Atlantis overall is amazing!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was invited by my mom and step-dad to stay 4 nights here, separate rooms, obviously. We stayed in the Beach Tower and I had a very lovely view of the ocean that overlooked the pool area. My room was a good size, the King bed was nice as well. I didn't watch the TV hardly but there was serious static in each TV in our rooms, yet the TV in the elevator area on our floor had a clear picture. My parents requested a King bed but received a double-bedded room. Not sure if that was just a mix up at check-in but they did not push to be moved elsewhere.

This was my first time here and I had no concept of how huge this resort is nor how far away everything was. While it's cheaper in the Beach Towers, it's an exceptional walk to most places you'd want to visit, minus the beach. There were times where we turned in early just for a lack of wanting to make the trek to points of interest. The marina area is pretty and we enjoyed our dinner Tues. night at Bimini Road and then drinks on Wed. night. There was a nice band that played both night we were there. The sandwiches at Murray's Delicatessen were very good and the buffet selections for breakfast at Seascapes and dinner at another location, who's name I don't recall were varied and plentiful. The casino was nice but since smoking is allowed, it wasn't a place I wanted to spend an excessive amount of time in. The randomness with which restaurants are opened and closed is quite puzzling and an a bit of a nuisance to deal with (e.g. we would've liked to have had drinks again at Bimini Road on Thurs. night but it was closed). The complimentary dolphin experience was nice but I wish we'd upgraded for a more in-depth visit.

I'm empathetic to being on an island and know that most things need to be shipped in, ect. so things will be more expensive than on a mainland area. I also realize the up-charges that come with being at any hotel. However, without exception to the hotels/resorts I've stayed at, the Atlantis has an exceptionally disproportionate distance between what is offered and what the value of such services/food/experiences should be. Obviously if you're visiting The Bahamas, you're probably not hard up for money but some of the prices were just too much. $19.99 per day for internet? The cheapest photo package for Dolphin Cay was 5 photos for $70 (it may have been $90, actually, not 100% certain in my memory)? $50 for buffet? Guaranteed 15% gratuity for meals? Bit by bit it all adds up and it is quite the wallop to your wallet.

There are so many people that work at the Atlantis, it's overwhelming. I had exceptionally good service from some folks but the majority were average to generally indifferent. Too many shop workers (this was in the marina area as well as the store throughout the resort, especially near the casino) looked bored, were caught up in personal conversations and/or, in a few cases, looked downright hostile (no smile, no acknowledgement, looked right through you, looked as if they wanted to be anywhere but there) until you were genuinely interested in buying something, then it was a different attitude. I work in retail so I do realize working with the public is tiring and downright ugly at times but, even on a bad day, I've never treated a potential customer in that manner. Maybe things are different when it's not the off-season but still, it was intimidating and, on more than one occasion, I decided not to enter a store given the clerk's clearly unpleasant demeanor.

I very much enjoyed the Junkanoo parade Wed. night, it was a highlight as well as the water park, I guess Feb. is off-season for the Atlantis so it was generally not busy the day we went and we had very little wait time for different slides. We went to the comedy club one night and I enjoyed the main performer, Alex Ortiz, but was put off by the homophobic jokes made by all three performers, mostly from the local act who was the MC. I know homophobia is rampant in The Bahamas but, still, not funny and it just shows an inability to be intelligently funny. As for the beach area, what can you say, the natural beauty is something no hotel can mess up. It was stunning and a pleasure to swim in. The sand area could use some attending to in the trash department, though. I saw too much random debris around the sand, including an open condom.

If I return to The Bahamas, I'll press for a different place to stay. I'd get a day-pass for the Aquaventure place and save probably a fortune by staying on New Providence Island instead.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hillsdale, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Ok first off when staying @ Atlantis bring as much $$$$ as u can u can not find a good meal for cheap! Every ware u eat is over priced substandard food!! Pizza like 40$ 15% tip added to every bill! Stay away from the buffet!! Terrible @ best I have eatten at the worst buffet and those better and only 10$ lol, now the kicker we were stuck during winter storm nimo! So I go to the front desk! Thay say o ya man snow u need to stay a extra night in a terrible room 500$ please !! So after a hour of talking we got the bill down to 160$ the consiger was a great help the lady was wonderful help everyday !! We lost our stroller and she went and got a loaner !! Very nice! The good parts the kidz pool bye the beach tower is nice because the pia cruise ship people don't come thear!! But the best bang for your buck is the green turtle bar great local food hidden under the bridge!!! So when goin to Atlantis bring at lest 300$ a day and that's eating on the cheap! Plus watch em every day drinks and coffe different prices!! But location is nice I just wish thay could keep the jet ski man off the beach!! Also thear is a little grocery store next to DD in the plaza across from marina village u safe a ton of $ getting ur water and dayley need thear!!! But the people are all very friendly!!!

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Atlantis - Beach Tower? Share your experiences!