Our trip to Atlantis and the Beach Tower was for the purpose of a gathering of family who live in the UK and both coasts of the USA. Age range from 1.5 to late 60's. The UK contingent was there working at an event - so that's why we all met up on Paradise Island. Based on a visit 8 years ago by the UK based family, we didn't expect very much in the way of service quality or better than average food, and we did expect food prices to be quite high, even for an island setting. We did hope for warm weather, sunny days, and fun in the pools and around the aquarium features of the resort.
What we experienced exceeded our expectations in some important ways. The public areas of the hotel and the resort in general were nicely kept and decorated appropriately for the setting and theme. The Beach Tower rooms were fine - nothing fancy but clean and functional. We had a top floor view over the convention center - the views toward the beach are much better. The TV signal was grainy but we weren't there for TV. The cleaning staff were friendly and helpful; all the staff were friendly when approached and a good number of them extended friendly greetings and helpfulness. We did notice that staff tended to frequently clump together in conversation, not really working but responsive when approached. The pools, beach, water park, and aquariums were fantastic - along with the great weather it made the whole trip a winner! It may be worth noting that gratuities for cleaners, bell staff, and pool staff are automatically added to the room charge along with taxes and some other daily fees.
We ate at the several outdoor casual dining spots around the pools and beach - they were a bit expensive but not really out of line for a Bahamas resort and the food was OK and the service just fine. Gratuity is automatically added to all food and bev checks.
We had four dinners at the resort and two in Nassau. All were expensive, and all were good or better. This is an area where our returning visitors said quality had gone up compared to 8 years ago - we found the food at the mid level resort restaurants to be very good with excellent service. One couple had a date nite at one of the premium restaurants and said it was super.
A nice mid winter break for us in a warm sunny spot where it was easy to relax and enjoy family and pleasant amenities. We didn't want or need most of the extra charge activities offered at Atlantis; swim with dolphins or stingrays, learn to scuba, rent a kayak or water trike and so forth - those extras along with tours and excursions seemed to be very expensive to me. Also in the uber expensive category were the numerous shops on the resort property.
The place was busy and we saw a lot of people, but it never seemed really crowded nor were there any delays obtaining service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the beauty of the Atlantis beach just steps away, the Beach Tower delivers a true Caribbean feel in a laid-back environment. Guestrooms have one king bed or two queen beds, full balconies with water or terrace views. Beach Tower is perfect for young families and budget conscious travelers, and is closest to the beach, many marine exhibits, the Lazy River, Seagrapes Restaurant, Earth & Fire Pottery Studio, Gamer's Reef arcade, River Pool, Atlantis Theatre and the Conference Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Atlantis Beach Tower, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- Beach Hotel At Atlantis
- Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas
- Beach Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Beach Tower
- Atlantis Paradise Island Hotel
- Atlantis Island Resort
- Atlantis Royal Tower
- Atlantis Beach Tower, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island