“Beach Tower Atlantis” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 14 hotels in Paradise Island
North Brunswick
“Beach Tower Atlantis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Went to atlantis this past june for 4 nights. Had a deal to good to pass up. Stayed in beach tower got my room comped for all 4 nights, they took off the $600 food plan for the 2 of us so all food was free. Had friends come with us and they got a $99 a night room threw booking with me. Also received $250 airfare credit so air only cost us $341 for both of us. The thing I wasnt happy with was the horrible view. The roof is all I could see on my balcony. i have stayed in the royal towers twice before rooms are nicer but I coulnt complain for the deal I got. Seaside buffet is not very good marketplace buffet is much better. Going back next june but going to try coral towers next.

• Stayed June 2012

2,537 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Reidsville NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

My Wife and I took an Excursion to Atlantis on our Honeymoon Cruise 11-23-2012. I had a blast here. There was lots of amazing pools, a Breath - taking beach scene,wonderful pools and Lazy Rivers, I highly recommend this place to anyone. The aquarium was also amazing,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

On a cruise day trip in Nassau we went over to the Atlantis for the evening. The aquarium (which was free at the time) was AMAZING! We just walked the resort looking at the art, played the slots and walked on the "beach". Then had cocktails in one of the lounges. I'm sure this is an amazing place to stay but as a place to visit while in port on a cruise was a nice little romantic outing.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Grainau
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Buy a cheap room, you won't spend much time there. The beds are comfortable. If you need internet, but don't want to pay the high price use the free 15 minutes in the library each day. Don't buy the dining plans, it's hard to figure out which restaurants are open each day and there are much cheaper dining choices available. If you do purchase the dining plan none of the mandatory tips are included, so you'll still pay these out of pocket with your final bill. Mandara Spa is not recommended. Highly overpriced (go to a nice spa at home before you visit the hotel, you'll get much more for your money). I got a mani/pedi/hairdo/makeup and in the middle of my hairdo they told me it would cost an extra $50 because my hair was too long (its right at shoulder length). The hotel staff was very very friendly to us. Everyone smiled and asked us how our day was all the time. We bought snacks/water at the Harbour Bay shoppping center our second day there because water at the hotel was $7/bottle. It was well worth the walk. It's a fun resort if you have children, but be prepared to pay the extra money. Enjoy!!!

Room Tip: Buy a cheap room, you won't spend much time there. They're nice, just the views are not as...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chestnut Ridge, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I traveled to the Atlantis in May 2012. Neither of us had been there before and had always wanted to go. When I found an AMAZING deal on a vacation website around the holidays, I decided it was time to give him a tropical surprise. Upon our arrival to the Beach towers, the staff immediately upgraded us to the Coral Towers. We received our "Atlantis Experience" packet (which was part of the deal I got) and our luggage was sent up to the room. I must say the rooms were nice but nothing extraordinary. It met all of our needs and we had plenty of space but our view was of the construction they were doing at the time. The grounds of the Atlantis are immaculate. Every time I turned around someone was sweeping or cleaning. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Keep your eyes open at all times because this is the type of place you really need to take the time to explore. There are so many different ocean life lagoons and attractions that you need to venture out and find. There are also a ton of pools to swim in. I would recommend going to the pools at the beach tower. It had a beautiful waterfall and the pool is just steps from the beach. It was also the least crowded every day we were there. The beach was gorgeous and had complimentary chairs for us to use. There are vendors on the beach selling souvenirs but they are harmless and will leave you alone. I actually got a cute turtle as a keepsake that only cost me $5. My favorite part of the trip was the dolphin experience. We only had to pay for one of us because the other was included in the Atlantis Experience Package. The casino was clean and had awesome slots. We walked down to the marina to check out all of the yachts and shop at the boutiques. The food on the island was very good. We mostly ate at "casual dining" places but treated ourselves to a fine dining dinner at Nobu. Best sushi ever. The food was pricey but totally worth it. Overall, I would recommend the Atlantis to absolutely anyone. It is has so much to offer that people and families of all ages can enjoy the experience. We set a budget for ourselves, kept track of how much we spent on our television in our room, and actually came in under budget! I can't wait to go back and enjoy another week in paradise.

Room Tip: Ask for aroom on a higher floor. There are lots of palm trees so your view might be obstructed if y...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

There is a lot of advertisement and hype over Atlantis. The outer architecture of it is really nice, but inside it is dead. Hardly anyone was staying here. It was pretty empty especially for the winter time when most people visit the Bahamas. The casino was not even open. No one was at the table games playing and there were only a few people on the slot machines. There is more hype on Atlantis and the advertisement makes it out to be nicer and more lively than it is really is.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Alliance, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Beach Tower is not far from the beach, but a good walk to registration, most restaurants, and most activities, including the casino. The power water slides are 20 min. away min. I stayed just 3 days, ran up a fair bill, but had a good time. Older travelers will be happy to see that the excursion desk, the comedy club, and some good restaurants are conveniently close. The Chinese restaurant in the beach tower is satisfactory.
You do not have to stay at the hotel to enter the water park (admission fee required). A stay at the hotel will enhance your trip. Enjoy!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Atlantis - Beach Tower? Share your experiences!