Third time in three years we have gone to Atlantis. Stayed in the Coral and Beach towers. I would recommend the upgrade to Coral for 40 bucks a night. Not that 40 isn't a lot of money, but its much more centrally located and you can save 40 bucks a day by going to the Dunkin Donuts off the resort instead of a breakfast place there.
The amenities are what makes this place great. Tons of restaurants, pools, activities (mainly the water park), casino etc. What I don't like is of course the price. 8.50 for a big water plus 15% tip makes a water 10 bucks. I mean come on. The pool drinks (pina colada, daquiris) are tasty but if you watch them pour, its less than a shot of rum in a large drink. Again price is a factor. The food around the pools at the "grills" is actually pretty bad. Burgers are always overcooked, chicken is as well, salads are average and of course everything expensive. The dinner restaurants on the other hand are pretty good. We have eaten at pretty much all the restaurants over the past 3 years. We really enjoy Carmine's especially if you have a large group since its family style, and also cheaper. The steak at Seafire was just ok, but both Chopsticks and D'angelos were pretty tasty.
The casino is great, the best in the Caribbean by far. Granted its not Vegas, but it rivals most Northeast casino's though it has no live poker games, just playing against the dealer and video.
Overall if you don't mind spending a lot of money on food/drinks this is much more of a Vegas type of resort than a relaxing Caribbean getaway. I personally enjoy that, though there are children everywhere which does make it feel like a family type atmosphere as well. Lastly the service isn't great. The staff for the most part doesn't go out of there way to accommodate requests. Something as simple as trying to substitute yogurt for cottage cheese at a restaurant or asking to make change to tip someone in one of the convenience stores was met with a resounding no. That being said, one of the managers was very nice when we first got to our room and had a leak in the bathroom ceiling. She upgraded up to a beach view on the top floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the beauty of the Atlantis beach just steps away, the Beach Tower delivers a true Caribbean feel in a laid-back environment. Guestrooms have one king bed or two queen beds, full balconies with water or terrace views. Beach Tower is perfect for young families and budget conscious travelers, and is closest to the beach, many marine exhibits, the Lazy River, Seagrapes Restaurant, Earth & Fire Pottery Studio, Gamer's Reef arcade, River Pool, Atlantis Theatre and the Conference Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Atlantis - Beach Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- Beach Hotel At Atlantis
- Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas
- Beach Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Beach Tower
- Atlantis Paradise Island Hotel
- Atlantis Island Resort
- Atlantis Royal Tower
- Atlantis - Beach Tower Bahamas/Paradise Island