We have stayed at the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island (aka Hog Island to the Natives) in the Cove, the all Suites Tower. When you go to this place and pay $750 to $850 per night you would think the Maid would clean your room and make your bed included in that price. Don't be fooled it is an extra $80 each day and they do not tell you that until you check out. Ok they do that at Motel 6 for no charge. Unless your very rich and dont care about money, be prepared to pay $70 for breakfast at the Buffet in the building, plus 18% gratuity (whether you get good or bad service) and the "waiters only bring you coffe, juice etc. why should you pay that kind of tip for that? They should carry your plate around while you pick your food. Yes they have everything you can think of available on that Buffet, but how many eggs can one person eat, certainly not $70 worth, and the food is tolerable at best, thay cannot even cook eggs without burning them, or under cooking them. Most other "hot" items are cold, except the items noone is eating, like fish stew for Breakfast??
If you decide to go to the Adult Pool, be prepared to be at the mercy of the guy at the DJ booth. He will play what ever he wants, and as load as he wants, usually it is Rap and the like and very load with heavy bass that will give you a headache in minutes. Shouldn't they be playing Island Music? Seems more appropriate to me. I was there to relax and get away, not be bombarded with loud Rap Music. Even when you ask the Person in charge to have it lowered or changed, the response is - people like it. What?? We went to the Ocean Beach, far away from this horrible sound, and you could still hear the loud bass pounding through your head like a hammer. This was my 3rd trip to Atlantis, and it is going down hill in a fast way. Don't get me wrong it is beautiful, and there are a lot of things to do, but come on $5 for bottled water and several attractions have a fee.
If you venture to the Casino, don't even think about getting a drink, they are free but you can order 3 times over and never see that person again unless you track them down. We were there on a Saturday night, I decided to go to the Bar and get my own drink, guess what - they had a cover charge to get to the bar that was not even behind walls.
I understand going to a nice Resort and paying for that, but the nickle and dime crap for eveything, really?
I have been to some of the nicest Resorts in the world and never encountered this kind of rip off. Once you pay your $850 a night for a Suite that really isnt that nice, it is average - (plus your Maid fee $80 per day) you expect more, and not be taken to the cleaners just because you need some water or a bite to eat.
So unless you dont care what you pay, have plenty of free cash DONT GO TO ATLANTIS.. Mexico is Much better, Nicer people and great Resorts where you are treated like a King, and guess what - NO Maid fees, you can tip them for a good job and that is the way it should be.
Sorry Atlantis, you are not on our radar for another visit.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis Paradise Island
- Atlantis Resort
- Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- Beach Hotel At Atlantis
- Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas
- Beach Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Beach Tower
- Atlantis Paradise Island Hotel
- Atlantis Island Resort
- Atlantis - Beach Tower Bahamas/Paradise Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the beauty of the Atlantis beach just steps away, the Beach Tower delivers a true Caribbean feel in a laid-back environment. Guestrooms have one king bed or two double beds, full balconies with water or terrace views. Beach Tower is perfect for young families and budget conscious travelers, and is closest to the beach, many marine exhibits, the Lazy River, Seagrapes Restaurant, Club Rush, Earth & Fire Pottery Studio, Gamer’s Reef arcade, River Pool, Atlantis Theatre and the Conference Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Atlantis - Beach Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.