I was traveling for work and I didn't actually get to pick which hotel I was at. Although it was a 1.5 mile walk to pretty much everything (although if you ask the natives here, they will tell you a 5-10 minute walk), we really enjoyed the quiet and calm of our hotel location. Everything closer to the Atlantis and shops was so busy and noisy. We ended up walking almost every day because it took forever to wait on a taxi. The only issue we really had was that there were no instructions on how to operate the in room safe and we waited for a couple hours for someone to come to our room and help us. We just ended up leaving and coming back because we were tired of waiting. Also, possibly because we pre-paid our reservation, I was unable to use an international calling card to call home and check on our infant son which kind of bummed us out. I had even contacted the front desk and they said they would fix it, but it never worked. And they use a powder to wash all the linens and towels in the room and I ended up being allergic to this and woke up the first morning with a swollen face and puffy eyes, but they do state this in their in room directory. I just ended up making sure I didn't lay with my face directly on the pillow. Housekeeping was thourough and polite and never bothered us but was typically available if we needed them. They also refilled our "in room water" which was available for $2 a bottle which was actually the cheapest we found. The appliances in our room were fantastic--all brand new, matching, name brand stainless steel. The wi-fi didn't work half the time we were there, but I feel like this was typical of the Bahamas and not just this hotel. We had even walked to the Atlantis and attempted to pay to use theirs to Skype with our nanny and 9 month old baby and we couldn't get it to work. The restaurant behind the hotel was ok. Kind of pricey for what you received but we never received any thing that didn't taste ok. The service was great, We just wish is would have been open for breakfast as the hotel doesn't offer breakfast. The restaurant usually opened around 4, their hours say 4 but we learned on Bahama time, it's usually when someone gets around to it. We would definately stay here again, I just wish it wasn't so far from another restaurant choice and that the Columbus Tavern didn't block our complete view of the Marina (from the room we had). The pool was very cold, but I doubt the pools in the Bahamas are heated so I kind of expected this as we were there in February. I manage a hotel and I have to say, I was presently surprised by this hidden secret!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its beautiful beaches and ideal location, Paradise Island was developed to include elegant hotels and fabulous resorts, making it a top resort destination throughout the world. This tropical island getaway has some of the most beautiful beaches in the Bahamas and is a perfect location for enjoying year-round outdoor recreation. A playground for vacationers from around the world, the island is famous for its easy going style and variety of amenities.The Paradise Harbour Club and Marina is a collection of king-size hotel rooms, full-size junior suites, and one-and two-bedroom apartments. It is a great choice for those who want the freedom of a private residence with the facilities of a large resort.With a marina, beaches and an enviable location, our Paradise Island resorts offer everything from watersports and relaxing on the beach to entertainment and gaming at the famous Atlantis Resort and Casino adjacent to our resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Paradise Harbour Club and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Harbour Club And Marina Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Harbour Club And Marina Bahamas/Paradise Island