Stayed here twice before, once on the third floor in one of their full suites with kitchen etc and again in a basic room, both times I was pleased. It's not the One and only Ocean club or anything but it's comfortable, it's clean and it has a real home like feel about it. Beware though, if you have luggage and you're staying on the third floor...it's a journey! No elevator and the stairs are steep.
The condo suites are nice. Very big, it's like a mini apartment; living room, full kitchen with all appliances and utensils (I'm not kidding, you can make a 5 star meal in there) a utility closet, the actual bedroom closet was tiny, our suitcases barely fit in there, there was no room for clothes but they have enough drawer space. There was even a little vanity between the bedroom and the bathroom with a full working sink. It was very nice. The flooring though can feel a little dirty at times, it has to be cleaned everyday. It's also real uncomfortable (cold) in the winter but that can be solved with a pair of socks. The patio was really spacious and had nice lighting, a pretty view of the harbour but it needed dusting and a bug clean up.
The basic room was very comfortable.It was seperated into a small living room and then the bed and bathroom. Well decorated, a "sun room" feel to it and again a nice sized patio in the back. I like it because it's out of the way, (a bit of an inconvience if you don't have a rental or your own car) and it's right on the harbour so the breeze is amazing. We rarely needed to use the air condition. The bathroom in the suite could use a bit of a remodel but the one in the regular room was nice and quaint witha window which I liked.
Finding food is a problem though. There is a restuarnt right upstairs behind the resort, literally a 10 second walk but it's way too expensive. Most entrees start at $30 plus, and the food is just ok to me. They do a salsa event though on Wednesdays that's real nice and quick entertainement. Drinks aren't too bad. If you don't want to eat here you will have to travel to find food which is where a suite comes in handy because having to leave every few hours to find food is a little annoying. There is a shuttle that takes you to the grocery store about twice a day if I'm not mistaken.
Overall no real complaints. The condo suite can be a bit pricey during the peak months but unless you plan on cooking or you're there for 2-3 weks and you would rather save money by buying your own food, you'll be quite comfty with a basic room. They're pretty spacious and open with the windows and the patio. Much better option than something like Paradise harbourside resort which is a complete WASTE. If you want to stay over at Paradise Island and Atlantis is out of the question expensive for you, then you'll benefit here. You still have a pool and all that and a lovely setting and the reception has bikes and fishing rods and games/dvd's that you can borrow . It's like a mini home away from home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its beautiful beaches and ideal location, Paradise Island was developed to include elegant hotels and fabulous resorts, making it a top resort destination throughout the world. This tropical island getaway has some of the most beautiful beaches in the Bahamas and is a perfect location for enjoying year-round outdoor recreation. A playground for vacationers from around the world, the island is famous for its easy going style and variety of amenities.The Paradise Harbour Club and Marina is a collection of king-size hotel rooms, full-size junior suites, and one-and two-bedroom apartments. It is a great choice for those who want the freedom of a private residence with the facilities of a large resort.With a marina, beaches and an enviable location, our Paradise Island resorts offer everything from watersports and relaxing on the beach to entertainment and gaming at the famous Atlantis Resort and Casino adjacent to our resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Paradise Harbour Club and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Harbour Club And Marina Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Harbour Club And Marina Bahamas/Paradise Island