“Not best location for adult couple searching peaceful vacation hotel.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive

and 1 more site!
You added Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive to your Saves list
Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive
2.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   | * Closed for renovations until 2015 *, New Providence Island   |
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“Not best location for adult couple searching peaceful vacation hotel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Me and my wife had made last minute booking, and didn’t relived that NC, Duke College is on spring break. The location was great to explore other attraction, but hotel wasn’t clean, updated or customer service friendly.
Buffet had for breakfast and dinner was very limited menu. Private secure beach and pool areas were OK. The only positive was our room exchange on second night and really great tour options.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

My friend and I were looking for a cheap 3 day weekend. Although this place was affordable, it was the worst experience of our lives. The staff was unfriendly, there was mold/rust all over our room and the entire hotel reeked of mildew. We had to call the lobby because the walls were so thin we heard everything happening in the room next to us. The food was terrible and caused me to feel ill the whole time we were there, which really put a cramp on our weekend. To top it off, there was a creepy foreign, drunk old man that would not leave us alone and kept referring to us as the "rude Americans". It will be a very long time until I even want to try Paradise Island again, but when I do, it's Atlantis for me. I can't stress it enough - DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The hotel is basically clean. They are in the process of doing updates. The food was good. They offered basic/decent entertainment. The pictures online are not current, and the hotel is a bit older. We got it at a really great deal, so I cannot complain. The staff was also really great! Do avoid staying during grad week (mostly spring break, late may and june). During grad week the hotel is over ran by a bunch of drunk high school grads that seem to be having their first go at alcohol without parental supervision. We had a great time besides that!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are nicer or ask for rooms with updated bathrooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kapuskasing, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My husband and I stayed her for two nights before transferring over to Atlantis back in June and all I can say was thank god we were not here longer!!! We arrived on June 14 and the bellhop was fantastic but the front desk staff were extremely grumpy and rude and not very accommodating. What made the time worse was that we were there during grad week!!!! Although the first night was not so bad...the second night we heard nothing but doors slaming, drunken kids yelling and screaming and jumping into the dark pool area well after midnight. When I called down to the lobby, I am sure they could not hear me due to the yelling and screaming and noise that was down there. Check out was a NIGHTMARE. I did feel bad for the staff working at the pool bar. They were working hard to have nothing but belligerent drunken teenagers ordering them around!!! The building and rooms were extremely outdated but overall our room was fairly tidy. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stayed 9 days at this Hotel with 3 graduating High school kids. One my grand daughter. I chaperoned them. The city kids were out in full force.

I have to say, our room was GREAT except for sand we brought back from the beach it was clean and comfortable.
The food great and plenty of it.

The out side grill the best. The out side bar was great. One tip, if you can be so nice as to tip them once in awhile, you will find them at your service whenever you walk up to the bar. These are hard working people and they deserve that tip.

The locals working there as well as all staff members are just the warmest people, very willing to answer questions and be of service.

The pool and beach area was cleaned everyday. I do admit out by the pool area at night you could see a few kids passed out from to much sun, water not enough sleep and to much drink I would say.

When we arrived from the airport we went right to the from desk. The staff there told us we would have a few hours wait before we could go to our room. They took our luggage and tagged it and stored it for us and gave us our wrist bands so we could go eat and get something to drink.

We enjoyed cabbage beach a lot and did the banana boat ride and loved it. We took the water taxi to straw market and had a good time.

We booked a boat ride that was amazing and gave us a great tour of the island area and homes. We booked the snorkeling tour to the reefs and loved it.

We did each pay $140.00 to go to Atlantis beach and rented snorkeling gear there. It was expensive and did not include food or drinks. Not worth the money. The beach was very crowed and lounge chares were mostly filled up.

We went to Atlantis at night to the casinos and had a good time.

We loved the staff through out Paradise Island harbor resort.
I will be back in 2015 for sure.

I read a lot of the negative reviews from people who said they would not ever go back. My tip for Paradise Island harbor resort...be happy their not coming back! Those kinds of people need to stay home.
You cant please everyone but you and your staff sure pleased all of us
If you do visit Paradise Island harbor resort be sure to try their Bahamas Mama's

Room Tip: The higher up rooms have great views. The rooms are very large.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stayed at this hotel back in 2009 and it was great. I came back this past July 3 - July 7 with my husband and friends and it was a nightmare from the start. If we didn't have each other to keep us calm I don't know what would have happened. Everything was disaster from the lobby, rooms, bathrooms, food (what little food was left) and staff. The women at the front desk were the nastiest people I ever met in my life, not to help us ONE BIT. The bathrooms were caving in on us and had pubic hairs all over. The blankets and sheets had moth holes and there was not one clean towel on the entire resort. I've been trying to get some kind of refund and will keep trying until I am comped for the horrible time. It's a shame no one knew beforehand that they would be going under new management and we got the last of the worst hotel in the Bahamas.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

hotel rooms needed major upgrades- old rusty fixtures, leaky shower/ bathroom faucets. needed to change rooms 2 times because of that and broken air conditioner. Check-in took forever and front desk never answered the phone, and when they did they were less than pleasant (probably because of all the complaints they seemed to always be receiving!) On the flip side we found the food to be surprisingly good, the staff in the restaurants and bars very friendly and helpful, and the pool and pool deck were very clean. Dinero (front entrance) was exceptionally friendly and helpful! We were looking for a vacation to hang out by the pool, and relax (and not have to pay a boatload of money to do so). we had no issues with drunk college/high school kids- in fact there were quite a few families there. we would definatly try this hotel again (after the rooms are renovated!)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive? Share your experiences!