“Resort for the DAY!!! (Daypass All inclusive)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive

and 1 more site!
You added Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive to your Saves list
Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive
2.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   | * Closed for renovations until 2015 *, New Providence Island   |
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Resort for the DAY!!! (Daypass All inclusive)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My husband and I got a daypass to this resort on 1-17-14 & it was the best thing we could have done. The weather was nice and the resort was quiet! Quiet is exactly what we needed on our quest for rest and relaxation. Donero, Nichola, and Montez...not for sure if I spelled the names correctly, but they were all very accomodating. As was the front desk clerk...sorry I didn't get her name:( She was also very nice as well. The food and drinks were great and we were told that they will be starting a complete renovation in July this year. I can personally tell you that we can't wait to go back once the reno is complete!!!! Kudo to the STAFF & thanks for making us feel at home!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Lorenzo S, Manager at Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
We thank you for taking the time from your busy day to write such a wonderful review regarding your recent stay. We’re that you found a place that made you feel right at home. I will share your comments with our staff, and those employees noted in your review. It is always rewarding to hear when we exceed our guests expectations, especially when specific exemplary employees our recognized in such a public forum.
In July of this year the hotel will undergo full and complete renovations and will reopen in time for season 2015. Please rest assured that we will remain a place for great value and an all-inclusive resort. Now that you’ve seen a well maintained property, could you imagine what it will be like after renovations?
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Paradise Island Harbour Resort when your travels return you to our door.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Richmond, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Let me start by saying that I've read the reviews of this resort and after staying there for three days, I am convinced that there is no pleasing some people. My 10 year old son and I love this place. When they say all-inclusive, they mean it! From the food (excellent breakfast and dinner buffets, unlimited lunch and beverage at the poolside restaurant/bar) to the endless tropical drinks that flow from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m., you will not be disappointed. The staff really goes above and beyond to service the guests. I had a problem with my debit card and could not access any cash while I was on Paradise Island, so if this resort had not been all-inclusive, I would have been screwed. I couldn't tip anyone, and I felt bad about it, but from the first day, everyone knew of my situation and went out of there way to give me and my son that extraordinary service and let me know that it was OK. I want to especially thank a lovely night shift manager whose name I did not write down (she spent a lot of time on the phone with my debit card company trying to help me), day shift manager Everett, Douglas & Daniel at the night bar, Donero the concierge and Angie & Montez and the poolside bar and grill. These people made our vacation the best by far (and we've been on some great ones).

We'll see you again soon!!!

Room Tip: Make sure to reserve a room with a balcony overlooking the harbour!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Lorenzo S, Manager at Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
What can we say but thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a wonderful review. It is times like this when we are truly proud to be a part of the service industry, knowing that we helped to create a memory that will last forever.
We the Management and staff of Paradise Island Harbour Resort pride ourselves on customer service and consider it an honor when we are recognized in public forums such as Trip Advisor for exceeding guest expectations. We will certainly share your kind remarks with our employees especially those mentioned in your review, and encourage them to continually go above and beyond exceeding guest expectations.
It was certainly a pleasure being of service to you and your son and we look forward to welcoming you and your entire family once again to vacation with us at Paradise Island Harbour Resort in the very near future.
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 5 days February 2012 , absolutely loved it, the staff were amazing and helpful, the room was clean, the hotel was a bit dated , but that added to the charm, the island was safe we felt so comfortable there and had an amazing time!! We were rarely at he hotel and had lots of fun Exploring the staff gave us some great places to go, and went to Atlantis casino also.......I want to come again soon, I miss u Bahamas!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lorenzo S, Manager at Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
The Bahamas miss you too…Thank you very much for sharing your travel experience you had with Paradise Island Harbour Resort, Paradise Island, Bahamas and your expedition with others here on TripAdvisor. The fact that you mentioned that without a doubt located under the heading: ‘WONDERFUL!’ Without having to think about any logistics, the itinerary suited you perfectly; that you loved the friendliness of our staff; we picked that you had a nice time!
That is exactly what we want to hear from our guests.
To book your return reservation please visit our website at: www.paradiseislandbahama.com
Or call-1888-645-5550
Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Stayed as a couple for 4 days. The hotel is in ok- good condition. The rooms are outdated and do need a reno but they were always clean and bed sheets and towels changed. Buffet is average to good. Excellent breakfast with eggs, omelettes, bacon sausage waffles and fresh fruit, cereals. Good strong drink, friendly staff- what more can you ask for. The location is excellent just a few minute walk from Atlantis. Atlantis is free after 5:00pm. The downfall for this resort is it has no beach just a little harbour pond with lots of boat traffic so it seems kind of dirty. The pool looks ok- never swam in it but it look clean. For the right price less then $500 per person with taxes included I would come back again for a few days. Not bad at all.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for ocean view unless you want a balcony as all other rooms do not include a bal...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lorenzo S, Manager at Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time from your busy day to write such a wonderful review regarding your recent stay. I will share your comments with our staff it is always rewarding to hear when we meet and/or exceed our guest’s expectations.
You would be happy to know that in July, 2014, the resort will undergo complete renovation and will reopen in time for season 2015. Now that you have an appreciation for what currently exist on site, you will have an even better appreciation when you return and see the many expected changes.
With this said, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Paradise Island Harbour Resort when your travels return you to our door.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

I will start out by saying, if you are looking for Atlantis and all that splendor stay there.
My sister and I stayed at the paradise island Harbour resort dec 16 to the 20. The place has a quant beach, beach volleyball and a nice pool with hot tub and bar. Clean rooms, ac worked, great pressure in showers. Perfect for 2 ladies looking for a cold drink from the bar and a lounge chair to sit and tan.
The staff is super nice and accommodating.
It is also very close walk to a lot of fun attractions. Up the road is a beautiful manicured garden, public beach and a golf course. You are very close to Atlantis and shopping. There was a ferry you could take to the bigger island of Nassau for shopping.
We got a Black Friday deal on cheapcarribean.com and stayed very affordably with all meals covered- all inclusive. The food was good on the buffet (cafeteria style) but there were only a few places to eat. If you want something more upscale go out for dinner.
We had a wonderful few days away and it didn't cost us a fortune. I would defiantly do this again.

Tip: My sister and I wanted to go to the Atlantis aquariums but they were $45 per person during the day. We went after 6pm and saw them for free.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Lorenzo S, Manager at Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
We take this time out to say thank you for your recent stay at Paradise Island Harbour Resort and for sharing your ever so nice comments with us and to the world.
We're happy that enjoyed the activities, clean room, food, beverages and amenities of the hotel, along with the friendliness of our staff. You made us feel very special by taking time out of your busy schedule to tell others about your stay with us.
We take this time to inform you that in July of this year, the hotel will undergo complete renovations and will reopen in time for season 2015. We invite you to return and see the many changes that will take place which will include additional dining options all covered under our all-inclusive umbrella.
At Paradise Island Harbour Resort, our team is dedicated to providing our guest (s) with truly memorable stay experiences for an affordable value.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We had excellent time during Christmas for 3 nights at this resort. We (3 families) booked balcony room with harbor view; we have given 10th floor balcony rooms in a seepdy check in process (courtsey Elinja) during busy season and suprisingly 3 hr before formal check in time. The view from 10th floor room/balcony is breathtaking (see picture) - so close the the harbor - beautiful sunrise - spacious room and balcony. The pool area is very cute; however the beach is very small (if you say so).
The food was very good - always fresh. Brekfast and lunch is quite elaborate and each night they provided different Dinner themes. We loved all of them; the seafood night was exceptionally delicious. The bars are stocked with average range of hard drinks however the bartenders are very friendly always smiling.
The Swimming pool food-court was absolutely great - the blackened fish, Philly-steak and the fish fry was la-jawab. All the staff (even the whole islander) was exceptionally friendly - special Thanks to Angela at Food Court (she went extra miles to keep the ordered foods warm and available long after the kitchen is closed), the Entertainment manager (had good time discoing together) and Front Desk staff Richard( for ad-hoc requests). We enjoyed the lobby bar, live music and entertainments during evenings, the disco dance floor and the free scuba lessons at the pool (book early). The resort is Old (specially the bathrooms) but the staffs trying their best to make the guest experience memorable. They have started renovating the hotel and by next year it will be a small jewel at Paradise Island. If you have a Right mindset for a 3 Star Resort you wont be disappointed. Do not Expect Luxury of a 4 Star All Inclusive. With limited option of resorts at Paradise Island this is the Best All Inclusive choice for budgeted families with kids.
The only issue is the quality of Tap water - its not good throughout the island; make sure buy water crates from nearby grocery store. They dont provide water at room. Teh frontdesk water bottle is small and expensive. They should arrange for a vending m/c at least.

If you like water park, try Comfort Suites for free pass to Atlantis for couple of days then try this all inclusive for relaxation for 3-4 days.

Sightseeing Tips: We hired a 20 seater van ($50/hour) and had a great tour of the entire Nassau with all historical, famous places, local markets, and magnificent beaches (about 4-5 hours). We also enjoyed the Stuart Cove underwater Sub-Diving into famous 'Jaws' movie set with deserted plane. It's a must for everyone (age 10+), does not matter you know swimming or not.

Room Tip: We love the harbor side; very spacious room and balcony; even we slept there overnight to watch the...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Lorenzo S, Manager at Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you for sharing that The Paradise Island Harbour Resort is the best value for families with budget and mindset! We are delighted that you enjoyed our guest room with private balcony and its spectacular view, our fantastic food, both breakfast, lunch and dinner themes. We’re delighted to know that you received exceptionally gracious service at the bar from our one of our star employee (Angela and Richard/Randy - Receptionist) and our Entertainment Manager. Our entire staff strives to provide personal and instinctive service to each guest.
We operate our own reverse osmosis water system and by all accounts it is safe and we have received great reviews for the same. However, your observations with regards to the bottle water size at the reception and the quality of the water on Island are well taken.
We thank you for raising the flag for all to read: If you have the mindset for a 3 star resort, you won’t be disappointed. With the options of the resorts, at Paradise Island Harbour Resort; it is the best all-inclusive choice for budgeted families.
It could not be said any better and we appreciate your comments.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Check in: smooth process, great service and we were kindly checked in 4 hours early.
Staff were polite and helpful
Room: we had the balcony room with the view of the harbour and the pool... amazing room and view, yes the room is dated but I think that comes with the price. The room is spacious and very clean and the bed was comfortable... I dont have any complaints about the room and would recommend this room to others.
Activities: let me say the activites coordinator is awesome, best service & customer interaction. The activites like volleyball and evening music is good, but im more of an explorer so I would rather see the island. But I did have fun and the drinks at the bar in the foyer are really nice.
The activites like movies & pulse nightclub are a bit of a joke and would hope the hotel could update their facilities at the least.
Food: I found the breakfast and dinner buffet to be quite nice and the lunch menu is great. Plenty of good hot food options.

Drinks: the cocktail selections are limited but the options they have are nice, they are definately not diluted! More optons would be good to have and easy to do so it would be good to see an improvement on this in the future.
Crowd: the hotel isnt packed with guests so for me thats perfect, I dont want a million people around me. For those that do Atlantis is a 5 min walk.
Staff: there were only two staff with attitude problems, but hey you get that everywhere and only 2 is a pretty good number. All other staff were good.
I can honestly say this hotel was a great option in terms of value for money and location and I would definately stay here again and recommend it to others. Its not the bees knees but you do get what you paid for.

Room Tip: Choose the balcony room with the view of the pool and nassau harbour
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing that The Paradise Island Harbour Resort is a great resort for couples and friends! We are delighted you enjoyed our guest room with private balcony and its spectacular view, our fantastic activities coordinator, and wonderful food, and beverages at the bars. We’re delighted to know that you received exceptionally gracious service upon check in. Our entire staff strives to provide personal and instinctive service to each guest.
The last paragraph of your letter, you wrote: I honestly say this hotel was a great option in terms of value for money and location and would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.
It could not be said any better and we appreciate your comments.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and hope to see you again soon.

Been to Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive? Share your experiences!