“Don't be put off by low scores” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive

and 1 more site!
You added Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive to your Saves list
Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive
2.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   | * Closed for renovations until 2015 *, New Providence Island   |
London UK
“Don't be put off by low scores”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Although in need of a facelift the service and friendliness of this hotel are second to none. All members of staff were polite, friendly and always willing to help. The buffet is amazing with a different theme every night with plenty of choices for even the pickiest eater. The pool area although in need of some tlc is a relaxing area to chill out in and the lifeguard is there every morning checking water levels and making sure the area is clean and safe. It is an all inclusive resort and is well worth the money as the alcohol flows freely and the food is amazing.
Would I go back, yes without a doubt.

• Stayed August 2013
Lorenzo S, Manager at Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive, responded to this review, August 27, 2013

I will shared your comments with our staff, and the locations noted in your review. Most of all, the food and beverages.
It is always rewarding to hear when we exceed our guests expectations, especially when specific general comments were made toward our associates and that they are recognized in such a public forum. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Paradise Island Harbour Resort , The Bahamas when your travels return you to our door.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times of the years and this past june was my favorite. It was bought by a new company and they have made some great service improvemts. The resort has an amazing location right on the harbour with a great pool and beach area. it is right near the atlantis shops as well so there is plenty to do. The food is very good. They have a different themed night at the buffet or you can enjoy pool side dining. I would definitely recomend
!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lorenzo S, Manager at Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for choosing Paradise Island Harbour Resort, Paradise Island, Bahamas for your recent stay. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.
Thank you for sharing your opinion on the TripAdvisor. It is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We note that this was not your first time. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at Paradise Island Harbour Resort and when you return, please ask for me. See you again real soon...
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

After spending 7 nights at atlantis, we decided to give this place a try after a friends recommendation. Staff are extremely friendly and go above and beyond. We had welcome drinks and had our bags delivered by a guy referred to as Robert deniro. He was amazing. Really made us feel welcomed and gave us a quick tour of the hotel. Drinks were great... The piña colado frozen drinks. Wine was not to my liking. Food was good. Prices are great to stay here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lorenzo S, Manager at Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time from your busy day to write such a wonderful review regarding your recent stay. I have shared your comments with our staff, and those employees noted in your review, inparticular, Robert.

It is always rewarding to hear when we exceed our guests expectations, especially when specific exemplary employees our recognized in such a public forum. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Paradise Island Harbour Resort when your travels return you to our door.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

This is my personal letter I made sure I sent when I returned home!

Good Morning. As you know my name is Dominique and I recently had the opportunity to stay at The Paradise Island Harbour Resort. I can not put into words the amazing, unforgettable experience I endured. From the moment I checked in and the time I checked out I was greeted with smiles and lovely comments. I also work in the Hospitality Industry and I have to say..JOB WELL DONE! You can not train an individual as such to be loving and caring as your staff was. I defineintly felt like I was Home Away From Home. Shawn, the activity Manager of the Property was superhuman. He showed my Best friend and I exstensive amount of fun, smiles, and laughs. He helped with making beautiful memories that will last a lifetime. Hats off to him. He is a rare gem. Every Hotel should have at least one Shawn. Thankyou very much. Please forward this to your staff. I want them to know what an amazing job their doing. Thanks again for the wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Dominique, Shawn is overwehelmed by this letter. He was simply over joyed when we posted your letter on our associates notice board. We want to say on behalf of Management and Staff a BIG THANK YOU! Thank you for taking the time out to express such words about your recent stay at Paradise Island Harbour Resort.
We're happy that you enjoyed our food and beverages, along with service rendered the friendliness of our staff. We feel very special. Please continue to share the same with others.
At Paradise Island Harbour Resort, our team is dedicated to providing our guest (s) with truly memorable stay experiences. We appreciate you posting same on TripAdvisor, it can only add to our continued success.
Lehighton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My family and I have been visiting the resort for the past 13 years doing two trips a year an adult trip and a kids trip. We started our stay when it was a Holiday Inn Sun spree. It has changed names twice and we were glad to see that most of the "good staff" remained.

My last trip was with the kids when we visit the water park and spend the days on a boat of a local man we have met many years ago. The dock is wonderful for the pick up since it is right across the harbor from where the boat is docked.

I do have to stay I was disappointed that the rates have increased since the new management has taken over and we are not getting anything more for the rate increase. I also feel that since we are returning travelers to this resort the new GM should take time out met his returning customers like the past GM had always done. Clinton always took time to welcome us as well as other guests. The warm welcome feeling from the front desk is gone. I currently work in management and in customer service and you get one chance to make that first impression.

I think the food served during dinner service is going down hill and was very thankful for the outside bar food and Duane's service thru out the years. I cant leave Shelly out of this she is wonderful as well.

I can not ever remember a trip I was able to use the beautiful pool since the water is always to cold for me but in most cases it is used by the kids and they love the waterfall.

We have only ever stayed in the suit or the harbor view rooms with the balcony and in most cases we use two rooms since we travel with a larger family.

We are do for another trip to the island but we also looking into booking at other nearby hotels do to the room rates. I cant wait to see what the rate increase will become once the remodel is completed

It will be a bitter sweet change for us since this resort had become a home away from home for us and some of the staff became like an extended family.

Room Tip: The suit is wonderful I myself like the corner rooms overlooking the open water but I also enjoy the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lorenzo S, Manager at Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
13 years of vacation at this hotel is considered HUGE! We thank you and your family for the many years and the time spent at the resort. Also, thank you for taking time to write and share your experiences with the world at large.

All of us at Paradise Island Harbour Resort strive to provide an enjoyable and relaxing guest experience. Our Hotel Manager was disappointed that he did not meet you, but promised to greet you during your next visit.
We took note of your comments with regards to our food; it’s an area where we receive high marks, but in your case; this did not happen. We will do all we can to continue to improve in this area.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to your return real soon...

You are a Valued Guest and we were delighted to be your chosen hotel during your recent stay and we look forward to your return real soon...
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have been to this resort five times in the last year and a half, most recently in April 2013. Initially we found the pricing to be incredible, great value. Now its doubled, sometimes tripled or more. We usually go for 3 or 4 nights.
The hotel is definitely in need of some updating. It is older and it is starting to show. That being said, it is clean, the rooms large and bedding fine. There is a fridge in the room, tv worked, no problems with bathroom or hot water. There is a safe in the room
We had met a senior member of the new company that has taken over, on a prior trip. We emailed ahead to say that we were looking forward to coming back and ask if we could get prompt check in since our plane was an early morning one and check in usually wasn't til 3pm.
We also asked if we could get a late check out since our departure wasn't til 10:30pm.
We received a very positive email back, however, it clearly was not handed down to the front desk staff. We did get early check in but the room was horrible. It smelled really bad and it overlooked a construction site. After repeated phone calls requesting a room change, we finally went to the front desk. We were given another room which was just ok. No real view. Considering we were repeat guests we expected to be treated better or the same as we usually were at the very least. Usually we were overlooking the harbour and with a balcony. I can completely understand if they were busy but the hotel was half empty.
The buffet restaurant was good, lots of choices, something for everyone, and tasty. Great egg/omelet station for breakfast. Friendly staff. They have theme nights for dinner, ie. Mexican, South western, italian etc.
There is an a la cart restaurant on site which wasn't open when we were there this time but previously have dined there and the food is fantastic. Portions are huge, too much for us but delicious. Snacks at the pool bar were great. Very tasty fish. Service was good.
Pool bar is great to hang out for shade during the day as my friend did, to avoid the sun.
Super friendly bar staff. Two small gift shops on premises.
Pool looked like it could do with a cleaning.
The beach area is very small. You can walk to Cabbage Beach which is 10 minutes away and quite nice.
Evening entertainment in the lobby bar was good. Staff were super.
The location is great, 10 minute walk to Atlantis. Lots of shops and restaurants along the way. There is a huge flea market within minutes from the hotel.
They have bikes available for rent. There is a tennis court.
The games room that they used to have has been taken apart.
On our last day we booked a Sandy Toes boat cruise that took us out to an island. It was a lovely day but the food that was included was inedible so we purchased food elsewhere on the island.
The evening before our last day, we called front desk to ensure we had the room for a late check out knowing we would be gone all day on the cruise. We kept getting the run around, we were told to keep checking back. We did, even on the morning before our cruise but could get no where. Communication at the front desk is a little lacking.
However we left our stuff in the room and trusted it would be ok, which it was. After we showered and checked out, they cut our bracelets off which was a first, as we still had hours to go til our bus picked us up.
Ferries to Nassau are close by. Check out Arawak Quay, otherwise known as The Fish Fry. Taxi was $15 but worth going. Love the fresh conch salad there.
Overall I would go back if the pricing comes back down but it is a modest hotel and there are much nicer hotels for the same cost that they are currently charging. ie .RIU (on PI) or Breezes (on cable beach) (both all inclusive).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Lorenzo S, Manager at Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
We take this time out to say thank you for your recent stay at Paradise Island Harbour Resort and for sharing your ever so nice comments with us and to the world.

We're happy that enjoyed your vacation once again. You made us feel very special by taking time out of your busy schedule to tell others about your stay with us.

Kingwood, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I read all of the reviews before I left Houston and so glad that I followed my instinct not to let the reviews deter me! My husband and I had a glorious time at PIHR! I don't know where you would get the deal you would get elsewhere, if you are looking for something like the Atlantis, stay at the Atlantis and spend all of your money, but we were always entertained, good food was always at our fingertips, drinks were good, we never even ate out! The staff was excellent and our trip was phenomenal because of it! We met some good people along the way and I like that it wasn't so crowded, Tevarious and Shawn were hilarious and great at what they did, bartenders were very good also. We will be coming back in 2014! Thanks so much PIHR for being the hotel you are! please don't change your concept!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
WOW! ‘This is what I talking about’. It’s the kind of review that brings a level of satisfaction to an enjoyable vacation. I must share your kind comments with our entire staff.
We say a great big thank you for choosing Paradise Island Harbour resort for your vacation and for telling others about your experienced.

We will ensure that the names of our associates mentioned, will see a copy of your letter and be regconizied in a special way.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and hope to see you again soon.

Been to Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive? Share your experiences!