“Will return ASAP!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive

Save Saved
You added Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive to your Saves list
Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive
2.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   | * Closed for renovations until 2015 *, New Providence Island   |
Hamilton, Canada
“Will return ASAP!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I traveled to Bahamas for the first time and absolutely loved it! We've been to Cuba and Dominican but Bahamas has taken our hearts. We loved this resort, especially the people and the food. The front desk clerks were incredibly polite and went out of their way to help make us comfortable during our stay. The bellboys, Antonio and Denaro were helpful, fun and very friendly! The housekeeping staff were welcoming and did a fine job at keeping our rooms tidy and sand free! The activities members, especially Sean, Shawny, and Tavaris became very personable with us and looked forward to us joining in on the beach volleyball games, dancing, and overall just hanging out and having a great time. All of the chefs and waiters/waitresses, the omelette lady were very sweet and quick at their job. Not to mention the FOOD was INCREDIBLE!!!! Fresh vegetables, salads, chicken, BBQ'd steak, wings, mixed salads, desserts... everything! We didn't miss a meal due to the quality and variety. The BEACH (Cabbage beach) was a walking distance of 10-15 mins and was full of vendors and the waves were too huge to enjoy the water. We didn't last very long there. We enjoyed the man-made beach directly on the resort, NIce and quiet, the servers would bring us drinks and food, and the water was calm as we watched boats sail by. The pool was good too, large and never over-crowded. No complaints here! As goes for tourist attractions, we checked out the straw market - nothing special, just crafts and trinkets. The Bahamians are always trying to sell for more than the products are worth so just barter with them. We checked out the Atlantis during the day because we bought a $35 sea-lion experience. This was great because it got us into the atlantis without paying a hefty $125 for the day. We walked around, checked out the beach and saw the sea lions and dolphins! Cameras are allowed! The Atlantis is FREE after 6:30pm and you can go in and look at the massive underground aquarium, and shark tank called Predators Lagoon - a must see - The place is really neat all lit up at night. Makes for a romantic stroll and only a 5 minute walk from harbour resort. Also check out the casino. We also did a BOOZE CRUISE.. a vendor on the beach sold us our tickets for $55 each where as at the hotel, they charge WAY MORE for excursions!!! This cruise was wicked fun. Lots of booze, dancing, food, snorkeling and views of the island. Every single person we met on this trip made everything worth while!.
If we were to critique- I'd say the bed in our room was awful. So outdated and uncomfortable - and I am not a picky person. We paid $1050 each all inclusive and encountered one of the best trips we've ever been on. We will definitely be back if the price is still right after renovations in June-December. <3 I could go on and on about more details but go find out for yourselves~!!

Room Tip: Island or Harbour view and 6th floor up otherwise you hear the live band til late.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Watertown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I were lucky enough to stay at the Paradise Island Harbor Resort from Jan 28, 2013 until Feb. 4, 2013. He had read some bad reviews about the place so are expectations were not great. However, it was wonderful. Yes, the rooms need some updating but they were clean and spacious. The all inclusive deal was fantastic. The buffet always had fresh vegetables and fruit and choices of meat and fish. The drinks were plentiful and good. The greatest thing was the staff. Shawny and Sean led the activities. They were perfect for the job. What outstanding personalities and enthusiasm. Even Alfred who doesn't get much credit selling his cigarettes was pleasant and fun. We walked to Atlantis, where the rich and famous must go, and couldn't wait to get back to our quiet, fiendly, and homey resort. Thank you to all who made our trip the best. It's the best deal for your money!!!!

York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I just returned from Harbour Resort and I could not wait to post a review. This place was fantastic! For the price, you could not find a better place for a last minute getaway. I was very skeptical after reading the reviews but I decided to check it out for myself. Just in case, I packed my own towels, sheets and pillowcases. NO NEED!! This place was spotless! If you are looking for a "beautiful beach" vacation spot, this is NOT the place nor is the island of New Providence. Many of the previous reviews stated that the food was horrible. To us, the food was excellent! The choices were limited but what was available was very nicely prepared and quite tasty. The resort itself is old but very well maintained.The pool was small but never too crowded and likewise, their little private beach was combed clean every am. The staff is quite pleasant and helpful. We would return to this resort again if the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cobourg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a 4 night stay. We read all the reviews before going and had no big expectations of the resort, especially for the price.

The bad: The resort is a little run down and in need of repair which will be taken care of starting in the summer of 2013 as the resort was purchased by Warwick International Hotels. We probably will not be able to afford the new renovated resort. Too bad.

The good: Our room was 624(island view) and faced Atlantis/ north west view. Yes, our room overlooked the industrial area but it did not bother us as the harbour with large yachts is located right behind it and I was fascinated watching the boats. The room itself was very good, clean and we did not have any complaints. No balcony which is my only gripe.

The food was excellent everyday. Theresa makes an awesome omelet. Good variety each day and the different theme for supper each night was great. The fine dining was also great. I had the steak and my wife had the lemon pepper fish. Great taste.

Antia and Daniel gave great service in the outdoor bar area. Fantastic drinks and very friendly.

The beach is man made. I preferred this beach over the large cabbage beach which everyone raves about. There were too many people at cabbage beach and the locals kept asking you to purchase items or rent jet skis, etc. Our beach was nice and quiet and I could still grab a drink when I got thirsty.

Some other people have also complained that the resort overlooks the shipping harbour
I was mesermized by the boats, both shipping and large yachts that would travel by. I found myself just sitting on the dock watching the boats more than reading or swimming. kinda of like sitting on the dock at a cottage.

The water is a small fenced in area. You can snorkel but not sure how much you will see. If you want great snorkelling, go on a snorkelling tour for the day.

The only real complaint I had was with our flight times which is more a complaint with Sunwing than the resort. We arrived at 1035pm at the resort which meant no food. Then we had to leave by 7am to catch our flight. Again, the restaurant is not open until 7.

Our overall experience with Paradise Island Harbour Resort was excellent. Small resort, not too busy, clean and excellent food/drinks. You can't ask for much more.

Room Tip: island views have 2 windows whereas the water view only has 1. Try to get above the 5th floor.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I travelled to the Bahamas last July. It was my first trip to take my daughters on a vacation in several years. We loved the hotel and the location was perfect. We loved having our own private cove to sit in each day to catch the sun. The staff in the Harbourview restaurant were wonderful. We ate there almost every night and they began to call us by name and would even remember what items we liked. The small outside bar and grill was also nice to grab a wonderful Bahama Mama and Conch fritters. I felt safe being a single Mom travelling with two girls and the staff was terrific. The rooms are clean and we had a wonderful view of the harbour. I would return in a heartbeat and look forward to returning there again. Smaller hotel without the fuss of a Big place but it's a good experience and easy to walk to other things as well as walking distance to catch the water taxi to the shops and market in Nassau.

Room Tip: Ask for the Harbour side for a view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Altamonte Springs, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My boyfriend and I wanted to take a beach vacation before returning to work in the New Year. We stayed Jan 4th-8th 2013.

Upon arrival to the hotel we were checked in quickly. The bell hop and the front desk attendant was very kind. We get up to our room and I was quickly disappointed. The bathroom wasn't cleaned. The bed felt sagged in and beat up. The floors weren't cleaned. I actually started to cry cause our flight was delayed by several hours and all I wanted to do was rest for a bit. My bf called down to the front desk and explained the situation and within 20 mins we were transferred. I think it was a honest mistake because the transferred room was the exact same size as the other room (we didn't get an upgrade) but it was immaculate. It was a complete difference from where we had been placed in prior.

After dealing with the initial "woah, what did we get into?" We were pleased with our stay throughout the entire time. The food was good. My bf is a breakfast guy and enjoyed the omelet station and stacks of bacon available. I'm sure there was other food available but that's all he talked about. I on the other hand, am a later meal kind of girl and the Wahoo grill with TVs & american style food selection hit the spot for lunch. Wings, burgers, etc.. and the bartenders making stiff drinks -- I was happy. For dinner, we ate twice at Harbourview Restaurant. The food was so amazing. The chowder, coffee rubbed steak with blue cheese, and the snapper-- OH MY WORD. LOVED IT! We ate once at the buffet place and it did the job. The food was fresh and there was plenty of it. *If our room had a microwave, I would have fixed a plate for later (I start the day late and then am starving later) but there wasn't & I couldn't do that so I actually went hungry one late night. Just having soup or something available after 10pm would have been a joy. Hopefully they will do something about that if enough people ask.

The pool was one of the prettiest I had seen. REALLY. The layout of it, the bridge, the presumed adults area near the bar-- it was very nice. Kids that were staying at the resort during our stay tended to stay near the end of the pool near the beach. The center portion of the pool was used by people laying out and sleeping. The end of the pool near the bar had adults being loud and drinking. It seemed to be a natural set up either by the resort or perhaps the patrons themselves but it worked out really well.

They had activities personnel that really knew how to engage the crowd. There was dancing in the lobby almost every evening we stayed and there was trivIa games. Typically I avoid that kind of thing but even they were able to draw my cold heart into it. LOL. The bar in the lobby is where the adults gather until 2am. There is one TV but you really get engaged in conversation with fellow travelers and before you know it, it's closing time. It has a nice, welcoming vibe. Really enjoyed the staff working that bar.

Overall experience: POSITIVE. I like the smaller resort feel so I had no desire to try out Atlantis. I laid out by the pool, drank to my liver couldn't handle it anymore, ate until I was full, and relaxed. Exactly how I wanted to spend my vacation.

Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had a wonderful relaxing stay at the resort. It is located on the south side of the Island walking distance to casio shops and bigger beach on the north side. The rooms were large , clean with a fantastic view of the hourbour. We were on the 12th floor facing east, no balcony, picture window with fantastic view looking at beautiful residential area and both habours, with great looking boats. The hotel staff was very friendly and the food was beyond our expectations, nice variety evey day and everything fresh. A la card restaurant had a great menue with realy good food. The bar at the pool mixed great Bahamian drinks plus other. It also served variety of great light meals. Lobby bar had intertainment daily round 8:30 pm. The pool area and the beach was very nice especially on windy days in the winter temparature 77-80 and January that great. Love to go back soon again. B&H Waterloo, Ontario Canada Jan20-27/13

Room Tip: Pay extra for side water view facing east higher floor with million dollar view. Do not pick the wes...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive? Share your experiences!