My wife and I just returned from a 4 night stay. We read all the reviews before going and had no big expectations of the resort, especially for the price.
The bad: The resort is a little run down and in need of repair which will be taken care of starting in the summer of 2013 as the resort was purchased by Warwick International Hotels. We probably will not be able to afford the new renovated resort. Too bad.
The good: Our room was 624(island view) and faced Atlantis/ north west view. Yes, our room overlooked the industrial area but it did not bother us as the harbour with large yachts is located right behind it and I was fascinated watching the boats. The room itself was very good, clean and we did not have any complaints. No balcony which is my only gripe.
The food was excellent everyday. Theresa makes an awesome omelet. Good variety each day and the different theme for supper each night was great. The fine dining was also great. I had the steak and my wife had the lemon pepper fish. Great taste.
Antia and Daniel gave great service in the outdoor bar area. Fantastic drinks and very friendly.
The beach is man made. I preferred this beach over the large cabbage beach which everyone raves about. There were too many people at cabbage beach and the locals kept asking you to purchase items or rent jet skis, etc. Our beach was nice and quiet and I could still grab a drink when I got thirsty.
Some other people have also complained that the resort overlooks the shipping harbour
I was mesermized by the boats, both shipping and large yachts that would travel by. I found myself just sitting on the dock watching the boats more than reading or swimming. kinda of like sitting on the dock at a cottage.
The water is a small fenced in area. You can snorkel but not sure how much you will see. If you want great snorkelling, go on a snorkelling tour for the day.
The only real complaint I had was with our flight times which is more a complaint with Sunwing than the resort. We arrived at 1035pm at the resort which meant no food. Then we had to leave by 7am to catch our flight. Again, the restaurant is not open until 7.
Our overall experience with Paradise Island Harbour Resort was excellent. Small resort, not too busy, clean and excellent food/drinks. You can't ask for much more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Value Of All-Inclusive Bahamas Hotels And Resorts......... great views of Nassau Harbour, picturesque scenery, and exciting recreation for the entire family at Paradise Island Harbour Resort. This resort is the perfect waterfront location - overlooking the harbor and ocean inlet plus unlimited food, beverage, music nightly,pre-planned daily activities....... all for 1 all-inclusive rate. Let your stress melt away amid cool ocean breezes, a private beach and spectacular 380,000-gallon pool. Take advantage of complimentary water activities such as snorkeling and scuba diving lessons. We're the ideal escape for anyone seeking fun in the sun. And if you're feeling a bit adventurous, you're just steps from Atlantis and a host of boutique shops, gourmet dining, fabulous casinos, and the world's largest marine exhibit. Lose yourself in the laid-back atmosphere of our Paradise Island Bahamas hotel, which offers spacious accommodations in a breathtaking setting:Located just across the bridge and harbor from Nassau, the historic downtown capital, minutes from world-class golf, wind surfing, scuba diving, and fishing and within walking distance to all the excitement of Atlantis Casino, and shops. Nassau International Airport (NAS)is a short 30 miles (30 minutes) away. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Island Harbour Hotel
- Paradise Island Harbor Resort
- Paradise Island Resort
- Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive Bahamas