My boyfriend and I wanted to take a beach vacation before returning to work in the New Year. We stayed Jan 4th-8th 2013.
Upon arrival to the hotel we were checked in quickly. The bell hop and the front desk attendant was very kind. We get up to our room and I was quickly disappointed. The bathroom wasn't cleaned. The bed felt sagged in and beat up. The floors weren't cleaned. I actually started to cry cause our flight was delayed by several hours and all I wanted to do was rest for a bit. My bf called down to the front desk and explained the situation and within 20 mins we were transferred. I think it was a honest mistake because the transferred room was the exact same size as the other room (we didn't get an upgrade) but it was immaculate. It was a complete difference from where we had been placed in prior.
After dealing with the initial "woah, what did we get into?" We were pleased with our stay throughout the entire time. The food was good. My bf is a breakfast guy and enjoyed the omelet station and stacks of bacon available. I'm sure there was other food available but that's all he talked about. I on the other hand, am a later meal kind of girl and the Wahoo grill with TVs & american style food selection hit the spot for lunch. Wings, burgers, etc.. and the bartenders making stiff drinks -- I was happy. For dinner, we ate twice at Harbourview Restaurant. The food was so amazing. The chowder, coffee rubbed steak with blue cheese, and the snapper-- OH MY WORD. LOVED IT! We ate once at the buffet place and it did the job. The food was fresh and there was plenty of it. *If our room had a microwave, I would have fixed a plate for later (I start the day late and then am starving later) but there wasn't & I couldn't do that so I actually went hungry one late night. Just having soup or something available after 10pm would have been a joy. Hopefully they will do something about that if enough people ask.
The pool was one of the prettiest I had seen. REALLY. The layout of it, the bridge, the presumed adults area near the bar-- it was very nice. Kids that were staying at the resort during our stay tended to stay near the end of the pool near the beach. The center portion of the pool was used by people laying out and sleeping. The end of the pool near the bar had adults being loud and drinking. It seemed to be a natural set up either by the resort or perhaps the patrons themselves but it worked out really well.
They had activities personnel that really knew how to engage the crowd. There was dancing in the lobby almost every evening we stayed and there was trivIa games. Typically I avoid that kind of thing but even they were able to draw my cold heart into it. LOL. The bar in the lobby is where the adults gather until 2am. There is one TV but you really get engaged in conversation with fellow travelers and before you know it, it's closing time. It has a nice, welcoming vibe. Really enjoyed the staff working that bar.
Overall experience: POSITIVE. I like the smaller resort feel so I had no desire to try out Atlantis. I laid out by the pool, drank to my liver couldn't handle it anymore, ate until I was full, and relaxed. Exactly how I wanted to spend my vacation.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive Hotel
- Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Island Harbour Hotel
- Paradise Island Harbour Resort
- Paradise Island Harbor
- Paradise Island Harbor Resort
- Paradise Island Resort
- Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive Bahamas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Value Of All-Inclusive Bahamas Hotels And Resorts......... great views of Nassau Harbour, picturesque scenery, and exciting recreation for the entire family at Paradise Island Harbour Resort. This resort is the perfect waterfront location - overlooking the harbor and ocean inlet plus unlimited food, beverage, music nightly,pre-planned daily activities....... all for 1 all-inclusive rate. Let your stress melt away amid cool ocean breezes, a private beach and spectacular 380,000-gallon pool. Take advantage of complimentary water activities such as snorkeling and scuba diving lessons. We're the ideal escape for anyone seeking fun in the sun. And if you're feeling a bit adventurous, you're just steps from Atlantis and a host of boutique shops, gourmet dining, fabulous casinos, and the world's largest marine exhibit. Lose yourself in the laid-back atmosphere of our Paradise Island Bahamas hotel, which offers spacious accommodations in a breathtaking setting:Located just across the bridge and harbor from Nassau, the historic downtown capital, minutes from world-class golf, wind surfing, scuba diving, and fishing and within walking distance to all the excitement of Atlantis Casino, and shops. Nassau International Airport (NAS)is a short 30 miles (30 minutes) away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Agoda, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, HotelsClick, Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.