This hotel was pleasantly surprising. No, the bathroom and rooms are not updated but the beds were comfortable and the water was hot. The resort staff was amazingly nice! You could talk to them about whatever and they were very helpful. My friend and I stayed from Jan 16th- Jan 20th so the resort was not busy. We are in our mid-20s and we partied every night. We still made it to breakfast and participated in the resort activities. There were very few kids (like 2 or 3) running around but there were mostly groups of friends, couples and even a few solo travelers. I was told to avoid during spring break because a lot of the outside activities (such as booze cruise) will shut down during that time.
Check in/Check Out- No issues, showed id, paid a hold and checked out with ease
Staff- Once again the staff is the best, very helpful, nice and had suggestions on what to do each day we stayed.
Room- Ok, so the room had a slightly smell to it and the fixtures in the bathroom could use some updates. But the bed was so comfy. So comfy that I am ashamed to say I fell asleep the first night instead of partying. The tv worked, the shower was hot and the lights works. That's all I need. FYI: If you turn the shower on "HOT" and the water comes out cold, turn it to "COLD" and you will get your hot water.
Property- The property was cool. Pool and view of the Harbour was beautiful. Sean was the activity director and always had an upbeat spirit.
Food/Drinks- Food was great. I def recommend making reservations at the hotels only formal restaurant. The food was so good there since it was made to order. The breakfast, lunch, and dinner was also good at the buffet and pool side bar. The drinks were fantastic. Do not be discouraged when they say "house brand liquor" because the bartenders know how to mix a good drink. Shelly the bartender was the best!!
Overall, if you are looking to eat, drink, meet fun people, and explore the Bahamas, stay here. Not 4/5 star at all but it was comfortable. Atlantis is a short walk from the resort so gambling or using the facilities there is easy without a taxi. The ferry to downtown and back cost $4 each way and closes at 6. The dock is a short walk from the resort. You can get a taxi for about $4- $5 each person if you have a group of 4 or more and of course they are available all night.
But If you are looking for Vegas or don't plan on exploring the Bahamas every day like I did, stay at more costly Atlantis. I'll be happy to answer any more questions about my experience.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive Hotel
- Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Island Harbour Hotel
- Paradise Island Harbour Resort
- Paradise Island Harbor
- Paradise Island Harbor Resort
- Paradise Island Resort
- Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive Bahamas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Value Of All-Inclusive Bahamas Hotels And Resorts......... great views of Nassau Harbour, picturesque scenery, and exciting recreation for the entire family at Paradise Island Harbour Resort. This resort is the perfect waterfront location - overlooking the harbor and ocean inlet plus unlimited food, beverage, music nightly,pre-planned daily activities....... all for 1 all-inclusive rate. Let your stress melt away amid cool ocean breezes, a private beach and spectacular 380,000-gallon pool. Take advantage of complimentary water activities such as snorkeling and scuba diving lessons. We're the ideal escape for anyone seeking fun in the sun. And if you're feeling a bit adventurous, you're just steps from Atlantis and a host of boutique shops, gourmet dining, fabulous casinos, and the world's largest marine exhibit. Lose yourself in the laid-back atmosphere of our Paradise Island Bahamas hotel, which offers spacious accommodations in a breathtaking setting:Located just across the bridge and harbor from Nassau, the historic downtown capital, minutes from world-class golf, wind surfing, scuba diving, and fishing and within walking distance to all the excitement of Atlantis Casino, and shops. Nassau International Airport (NAS)is a short 30 miles (30 minutes) away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.