“I didn't come to the Bahamas for the resort.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive

Save Saved
You added Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive to your Saves list
Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   | * Closed for renovations until 2015 *, New Providence Island   |
Baltimore, Maryland
“I didn't come to the Bahamas for the resort.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel was pleasantly surprising. No, the bathroom and rooms are not updated but the beds were comfortable and the water was hot. The resort staff was amazingly nice! You could talk to them about whatever and they were very helpful. My friend and I stayed from Jan 16th- Jan 20th so the resort was not busy. We are in our mid-20s and we partied every night. We still made it to breakfast and participated in the resort activities. There were very few kids (like 2 or 3) running around but there were mostly groups of friends, couples and even a few solo travelers. I was told to avoid during spring break because a lot of the outside activities (such as booze cruise) will shut down during that time.

Check in/Check Out- No issues, showed id, paid a hold and checked out with ease

Staff- Once again the staff is the best, very helpful, nice and had suggestions on what to do each day we stayed.

Room- Ok, so the room had a slightly smell to it and the fixtures in the bathroom could use some updates. But the bed was so comfy. So comfy that I am ashamed to say I fell asleep the first night instead of partying. The tv worked, the shower was hot and the lights works. That's all I need. FYI: If you turn the shower on "HOT" and the water comes out cold, turn it to "COLD" and you will get your hot water.

Property- The property was cool. Pool and view of the Harbour was beautiful. Sean was the activity director and always had an upbeat spirit.

Food/Drinks- Food was great. I def recommend making reservations at the hotels only formal restaurant. The food was so good there since it was made to order. The breakfast, lunch, and dinner was also good at the buffet and pool side bar. The drinks were fantastic. Do not be discouraged when they say "house brand liquor" because the bartenders know how to mix a good drink. Shelly the bartender was the best!!

Overall, if you are looking to eat, drink, meet fun people, and explore the Bahamas, stay here. Not 4/5 star at all but it was comfortable. Atlantis is a short walk from the resort so gambling or using the facilities there is easy without a taxi. The ferry to downtown and back cost $4 each way and closes at 6. The dock is a short walk from the resort. You can get a taxi for about $4- $5 each person if you have a group of 4 or more and of course they are available all night.

But If you are looking for Vegas or don't plan on exploring the Bahamas every day like I did, stay at more costly Atlantis. I'll be happy to answer any more questions about my experience.

Cheers!

Room Tip: Choose a high floor. I choose island view and still got a view of the ocean and the island since it...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you are looking for good value, great service, and good food this is the place for you. The hotel is situated on the harbor side of Paradise Island not the ocean side but there is a small sandy beach and the pool area is nice (not sure why Brigitte 28 thought it was falling apart??). The rooms are clean but could use some updating. I liked that children are not allowed to run around the hotel or pool areas unaccompanied by and adult. That may account for the few children there and the ones that were there were well behaved. I am hoping the upcoming remodel doesn't take away the all inclusive option as there are only four all inclusive hotels on Paradise Island and that it doesn't end up as pricey as the Atlantis!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I planned a last minute vacation and wanted to keep it pretty inexpensive so we chose Paradise Harbour after reading the reviews. I agree with other reviewers, expectations are everything. Don't expect a 5 star hotel because this isn't it. But if you want a vacation away that is inexpensive but still a nice time, this is the place. The rooms are average, good size in my opinion, very basic.. One suggestion, I paid extra for a waterview room....they are ALL waterview rooms bc it is on the edge of the harbour so don't waste your money! Our hairdryer was broken and the guy was up withing 5 minutes to fix it, no questions asked. The food was pretty good, but then again I am not very picky. Breakfast is the same every morning...omelet station, waffles, pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, fruits, etc (the usual). We usually had lunch at the bar outside (wings, onion rings, conch fritters, burgers and sandwiches - pretty American-ized), then dinner you have the option of the buffet (themed differently every night) or the Harbourview Restaurant which you need reservations for. In my opinion, the food at the Harborview was good, not great, small portions but hey it's included so I didn't complain.
One thing I was disappointed about was the beach. Very small, It is in the harbour so you can't really do any swimming, but there is an open beach "Cabbage Beach" about a 10 minute walk that is absolutely gorgeous - just know there are people there wanting you to buy things and so on but we just said "no" politely and they left us alone. But this is also the place if you want to go jet skiing or hang gliding (I think $60 for 20 minutes). And $20 gets you a coconut drink of your liking with a bottle of bacardi rum with unlimited refills (we opted for this and enjoyed it thoroughly on the beach while watching all the jet skiers!)
The hotel is a close walk to the Atlantis (about 5 minutes) and definitely worth checking out, especially the aquarium at night (after 6 it is free). There are some shops in town to bring home any native items, there is straw market right down the street from the hotel which has a lot of neat homemade gadgets worth checking out.
All in all, it was a nice relaxing vacation, nothing glamorous but definitely worth the money in my opinion. Not much to do for kids so if this is a family trip, you may want to splurge and go to Atlantis because that place literally is out of this world. Other than that, staff was very friendly, drinks were good and definitely the area is safe to walk around!

Room Tip: Just get the standard room, don't pay more for waterview bc every room is a waterview room!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My best friend and I did a cheap, all inclusive trip for a quick spring break. My top priority was cleanliness. The hotel was clean and friendly. I am in my twenties and this hotel seemed to be for people in their 20s and 30s, so we fit in fine. The guests like to party so there was always music and drinks in the lobby. It is about an 8 to 10 minute walk to the Atlantis where my friend and I spent the entire trip (except to sleep). We did a day pass at the Atlantis as well, which was our favorite part of the whole trip. It gave you access to beach, pools, waterslides and aquarium. The hotel buffet and bar food were pretty good too. My only advice is to use bottled water to brush your teeth and clearly, don't drink it either. On our first day, the water was dark brown which the hotel fixed pretty quickly. Overall, you get what you pay for. If you can afford a nicer place, I recommend it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Staten Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Was there 5 days. Girls vacation get away. Staff was wonderful. Food was good. Can't wait to go back. An 8 minute walk to Atlantis. There's a small man made beach on premises. If u feel the need, public beaches are less than a 10 minute wall away. This place is a great secret! Don't expect to get Atlantis surroundings....you're not paying Atlantis prices!

• Stayed January 2013
Pennsylvania, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We just returned from our winter getaway 1/16-1/20. This vacation exceeded our expectations.
Staff: Just about Everyone we came in contact with at the hotel was awesome! A+ staff. Bellhop Antonio was amazing. We wanted to take him home!! He was our favorite person there! So personable. Bar girls in the outdoor wahoo grill were fabulous. Always ready to pour another drink. ! Only people we encountered that could have been friendlier were the girls at the front desk. Not too welcoming.

Drinks: drinks were very strong so I don't know what previous reviewers were complaining about! There were four of us and we thought drinks were awesome!

Food: the outdoor wahoo grill has the best food. Lunch thru late night. All cooked to order. I suggest the blackened fish over Caesar salad! The buffet restaurant is open bkfst, lunch, and dinner. Food was fine as its what was expected - buffet style food. Same as other caribbean all inclusives I've been to. Usually has something you'll like. Bkfst buffet is best! Spinnakers restaurant is by reservation and you should do at least one night or two. Nice sit down dinner breaks up routine of eating at buffet.

Rooms: we made reservations for 1 king room for us and another 2 dbl bed room for our daughters. But when we arrived they said it was for 1 room only. Upon showing my booking paperwork- they promptly fixed their mistake and issued keys for 2 rooms. Again - the front desk girls were the only not-so-friendly people we encountered. Never apologized for the inconvenience. Bring all your booking paperwork! Our rooms were very clean. Of course there was things that could use a new coat of paint or new grout - but it's got to be tough keeping up with the effect of the weather there on things. If you are in your room enough to sit around and make a list of all the little improvements that need to be made - then you don't know how to vacation. Rooms are for sleeping in - the rest of time you should be out and about enjoying this great island!

Things to do: 1. do the snorkel/lunch/beach trip "thru total package tours". $55 per pers gets you snorkeling, beach, lunch and just an all round fun 4 hrs!! See the excursion office.
2. Visit cabbage beach. A 10 minute walk. Just be prepared to be hit with vendor after vendor trying to sell you a jets ski or banana boat ride. They are kind if bothersome so to avoid - once you get on beach go to the right and walk down beach til you get to orange balls in water. Set up camp there and you'll avoid crowds and most vendors.

3. Visit Atlantis after 6pm. Aquarium is free at that time. Great way to check out this resort for free! My daughters went over to the nightclub at Atlantis - they had blast but be prepared to pay $20 cover to get in for non guests.

4. If you dive, go thru Bahama divers. They have a shop in lobby. My daughter is a marine biologist and did a two tank dive. I paid $30 to go along for the ride. She said dive instructors def knew their stuff and went overboard to make her dives memorable. She got to see 2 huge. eagle rays. She said they were prob 6 feet wide each. Saw lots of other fish but that was the best part. The captain let me snorkel around while she was diving. Didn't even charge me for it. Be very nice to people and good things happen!

People of the Bahamas: I am extremely impressed with the kindness and sincerity of the Bahamian people. They love their land and are so proud of it. They are more than happy to share the history along with their own personal stories. I've been to Bermuda and St Thomas. The Bahama people are a million times more friendlier than people in those destinations. Again I'm very impressed!

Other: this hotel is going to start renovations in July that will last thru Dec. they are turning it into a 5 star resort. Hopefully they will keep their prices affordable!

• Stayed January 2013
Lorenzo S, Manager at Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time from your busy day to write such a wonderful review regarding your recent stay. I have shared your comments with our staff, and those employees noted in your review. It is always rewarding to hear when we exceed our guests expectations, especially when specific exemplary employees our recognized in such a public forum. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Paradise Island Harbour Resort when your travels return you to our door.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Was at this hotel over Christmas for Junkanoo (4 days ) and found the hotel has a lot of bad smells, the bathrooms are falling apart and the beds have seen better days, but, there is a bright side to all of this, the hotel is closing in July for a complete makeover and will reopen in December, that should make things better for all of us who like the location of this hotel.

The hotel will be a 5 star so accomodations and food should be greatly improved as will the pool which is also falling apart.

So, lets see what December 2013 brings.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive? Share your experiences!