My husband and I planned a last minute vacation and wanted to keep it pretty inexpensive so we chose Paradise Harbour after reading the reviews. I agree with other reviewers, expectations are everything. Don't expect a 5 star hotel because this isn't it. But if you want a vacation away that is inexpensive but still a nice time, this is the place. The rooms are average, good size in my opinion, very basic.. One suggestion, I paid extra for a waterview room....they are ALL waterview rooms bc it is on the edge of the harbour so don't waste your money! Our hairdryer was broken and the guy was up withing 5 minutes to fix it, no questions asked. The food was pretty good, but then again I am not very picky. Breakfast is the same every morning...omelet station, waffles, pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, fruits, etc (the usual). We usually had lunch at the bar outside (wings, onion rings, conch fritters, burgers and sandwiches - pretty American-ized), then dinner you have the option of the buffet (themed differently every night) or the Harbourview Restaurant which you need reservations for. In my opinion, the food at the Harborview was good, not great, small portions but hey it's included so I didn't complain.
One thing I was disappointed about was the beach. Very small, It is in the harbour so you can't really do any swimming, but there is an open beach "Cabbage Beach" about a 10 minute walk that is absolutely gorgeous - just know there are people there wanting you to buy things and so on but we just said "no" politely and they left us alone. But this is also the place if you want to go jet skiing or hang gliding (I think $60 for 20 minutes). And $20 gets you a coconut drink of your liking with a bottle of bacardi rum with unlimited refills (we opted for this and enjoyed it thoroughly on the beach while watching all the jet skiers!)
The hotel is a close walk to the Atlantis (about 5 minutes) and definitely worth checking out, especially the aquarium at night (after 6 it is free). There are some shops in town to bring home any native items, there is straw market right down the street from the hotel which has a lot of neat homemade gadgets worth checking out.
All in all, it was a nice relaxing vacation, nothing glamorous but definitely worth the money in my opinion. Not much to do for kids so if this is a family trip, you may want to splurge and go to Atlantis because that place literally is out of this world. Other than that, staff was very friendly, drinks were good and definitely the area is safe to walk around!
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive Hotel
- Paradise Island Harbour Hotel
- Paradise Island Harbour Resort
- Paradise Island Harbor
- Paradise Island Harbor Resort
- Paradise Island Resort
- Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive Bahamas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Value Of All-Inclusive Bahamas Hotels And Resorts......... great views of Nassau Harbour, picturesque scenery, and exciting recreation for the entire family at Paradise Island Harbour Resort. This resort is the perfect waterfront location - overlooking the harbor and ocean inlet plus unlimited food, beverage, music nightly,pre-planned daily activities....... all for 1 all-inclusive rate. Let your stress melt away amid cool ocean breezes, a private beach and spectacular 80,000-gallon pool. Take advantage of complimentary water activities such as snorkeling and scuba diving lessons. We're the ideal escape for anyone seeking fun in the sun. And if you're feeling a bit adventurous, you're just steps from Atlantis and a host of boutique shops, gourmet dining, fabulous casinos, and the world's largest marine exhibit. Lose yourself in the laid-back atmosphere of our Paradise Island Bahamas hotel, which offers spacious accommodations in a breathtaking setting:Located just across the bridge and harbor from Nassau, the historic downtown capital, minutes from world-class golf, wind surfing, scuba diving, and fishing and within walking distance to all the excitement of Atlantis Casino, and shops. Nassau International Airport (NAS)is a short 30 miles (30 minutes) away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Venere, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.