First off..take all of the earlier reviews with a grain of salt. The resort was recently purchased by Warwick International and have already made changes and have set plans to upgrade the resort starting this spring. This resort caters to those who don't want to stay at the Atlantis. If you are looking for a mega-resort that resembles a Las Vegas hotel, move on and look at another resort. However, if you are looking for a budget-minded resort with friendly staff, free food and drinks.. you have come to the right place.
Taxi - We (4 people) took a taxi both ways to the hotel and it cost $42 each way. Once on the island, everything is no more than a 10 minute walk. No Car needed.
First Impressions - We arrived at the hotel and was welcomed with a Bahama Mama cocktail from the bellhop. We arrived early (1pm), so our room was not ready. However, we were able to check -in and receive our wristbands to start our all-inclusive options.
Hotel Room - We had a island view room (501). We have nice view of the Atlantis. While the room is a little rundown, it was appropriately sized and served its purpose. You are on vacation.. why would you be so concerned with the room? The bathroom is a little small, but I am used to it by NYC standards.
Food/Drink - The bars (Wahoo's Poolside and Spinnakers Lobby) start serving drinks at 11am and close at 1am. We enjoyed the buffet for breakfast and dinner (different theme each night). For lunch, we ordered from the Wahoo's and enjoyed it by the pool. The hotel also has a sit down restaurant (Harbourview). You just need a reservation and can make one in the morning at the buffet. We enjoyed a delicious New Years Eve dinner at Harbourview.
Pool/Beach - The hotel has a great pool. The man-made beach is so-so. The hotel faces Nassau, so you don't get that crystal blue water and gorgeous view. However, if you take the 10 minute walk to the other side of the island, you will reach Cabbage Beach (public). When you enter the beach, you will be bombarded with vendors and people from the cruise ships (their towels gives it away).. go right and walk past the crowd. You will see there is a large section of the beach that is somewhat empty. If you are in the mood for a drink.. a rum-filled cocktails just cost $10.
Atlantis - Yes, the resort looks amazing. However, when you enter the resort, you feel like you are in Las Vegas.. not very Bahamian. If you arrive at 6:30pm, the aquarium is free to view. I highly recommend it. While you are there, there is a decent casino that serves free drinks while you gamble. Make sure to take a walk by the marina to view the yachts that docked. When you are near the marina, there is a small strip of stores. There is a Ben & Jerry's, Starbucks, a candy store, and a high end Seafood Restaurent. Its a quick walk from the Harbour Resort.
Shopping - Just take a left out of the resort and you will hit a small shopping center. There is a straw market open from 9-6pm daily, a bank (Scotia Bank), grocery store, pharmacy, liquor store, gift shop, and a Dunkin Donuts.
New Years -Throughout the day there was hourly activities.. poker, checkers, karaoke, bingo. However, what impressed me the most about the resort was the nightly entertainment. We were fortunate to be there for New Years and boy they did not disappoint. The night started with a live band that played for until 10:30pm. Soon after, there were a number of live dancers that entertained us till the ball dropped. After the ball dropped, a group of Junkanoo performers entered the hotel and lead us to the pool area where we watched fireworks from three different locations. It was amazing! The hotel really put a lot of time and energy into the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Value Of All-Inclusive Bahamas Hotels And Resorts......... great views of Nassau Harbour, picturesque scenery, and exciting recreation for the entire family at Paradise Island Harbour Resort. This resort is the perfect waterfront location - overlooking the harbor and ocean inlet plus unlimited food, beverage, music nightly,pre-planned daily activities....... all for 1 all-inclusive rate. Let your stress melt away amid cool ocean breezes, a private beach and spectacular 380,000-gallon pool. Take advantage of complimentary water activities such as snorkeling and scuba diving lessons. We're the ideal escape for anyone seeking fun in the sun. And if you're feeling a bit adventurous, you're just steps from Atlantis and a host of boutique shops, gourmet dining, fabulous casinos, and the world's largest marine exhibit. Lose yourself in the laid-back atmosphere of our Paradise Island Bahamas hotel, which offers spacious accommodations in a breathtaking setting:Located just across the bridge and harbor from Nassau, the historic downtown capital, minutes from world-class golf, wind surfing, scuba diving, and fishing and within walking distance to all the excitement of Atlantis Casino, and shops. Nassau International Airport (NAS)is a short 30 miles (30 minutes) away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Island Harbour Hotel
- Paradise Island Harbor Resort
- Paradise Island Resort
- Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive Bahamas