My wife and I just got home from here yesterday. We had an awesome 7 nights here. We were booked here for 9 nights. It’s kind of funny and freaky but the resort closed the doors after 3 nights. Legally we weren’t the new owner’s guests or problem. They didn’t have to do anything for us. But they did. They paid for 2 nights in the Riu Palace while they reopened the Harbour Resort.
We didn’t like the Riu Palace the room was so damp my passport curled up in the safe, the bedding felt like it just came out of the washing machine. They pushed 2 small beds together to make 1 queen size bed. The food wasn’t very good, the pool and pool deck area only has sun for about 2 1/2 hours a day because it’s on the north side of the U shaped building. The beach was nice but you get bugged every 2 minutes to rent or buy something from a seadoo to drugs. You had to rent a lawn chair. We couldn’t wait to get back to the Paradise Island Harbour Resort!
When they brought us back to the Harbour Resort we were welcomed back with genuine hugs and handshakes. The staff is awesome and genuinely cares for you! Most of them remember you by name. They upgraded us to one of the penthouse suites on the top floor. We had a furnished living room with a nice big wet bar, 2 balconies, a side window, 2 TVs and 2 full bathrooms which was nice. The food was excellent because they aren’t cooking for thousands of people! I had an omelette of my choice made in front of me every morning alongside a pile of bacon, sausages and pancakes. The dinner is different every night. In between meals you can order food at the pool side bar. The swimming pool area and private beach are great. There’s a free introduction to scuba every morning. The sun shines from morning till night and nobody bugs you. It’s a short walk to the big public beach. The rooms are good, clean, cool and dry. We didn’t go there to stay in the room anyway. They have an entertainment guy named Sean he will keep you entertained from morning till night if you want. He is really good with little kids right up to us big kids. He had a bicycle tour the other morning and my wife was the only one who showed up for it. She had 1 1/2 hour one on one bicycle tour around the island and came back with flowers in her hair. He’s awesome we shut the lobby bar down every night to him getting everybody dancing or doing karaoke if it was karaoke night. One night a week is Bahamian night. The dinner is Bahamian, then there is junkanoo music and dancing in the lobby bar area and Sean will get you right in there with them. We had really good bartenders the girl’s name was Shelly and another guy who’s name I forgot treated us like we owned the place.
They have their own dock and we took a Party Cat Cruise right from there. We went for a tour past the rich and famous peoples multimillion dollar homes then went to an island for drinks, snorkeling and an excellent barbeque on a beautiful sand beach.
I went scuba diving with the Bahamas Divers dive store in the lobby. It was good.
This resort doesn’t have a very high rating on the internet but to me it’s a hidden gem. I rate it a 10 star. It can only get better with the new owners who adopted us for the last 4 nights.
The all-inclusive price was awesome compared to Sandals or the Riu. We figured if we went out to eat it wouldn’t hurt to miss a hotel meal because we didn’t pay very much for the package. The food was so good we didn’t go out to eat. With what it costs at the other all-inclusive resorts you might be walking away from a $ 50. + meal if you go out.
We walked around Atlantis resorts while we used their water park and casino and it felt we were in Las Vegas. I wouldn’t want to stay there. There are too many people and if I want a Vegas atmosphere I’ll go to Vegas.
We can’t wait to go back there!
I highly recommend the Paradise Island Harbour Resort if you don’t need all the glitter and glamour and want to relax in peace in the Bahamian atmosphere you go there for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Value Of All-Inclusive Bahamas Hotels And Resorts......... great views of Nassau Harbour, picturesque scenery, and exciting recreation for the entire family at Paradise Island Harbour Resort. This resort is the perfect waterfront location - overlooking the harbor and ocean inlet plus unlimited food, beverage, music nightly,pre-planned daily activities....... all for 1 all-inclusive rate. Let your stress melt away amid cool ocean breezes, a private beach and spectacular 380,000-gallon pool. Take advantage of complimentary water activities such as snorkeling and scuba diving lessons. We're the ideal escape for anyone seeking fun in the sun. And if you're feeling a bit adventurous, you're just steps from Atlantis and a host of boutique shops, gourmet dining, fabulous casinos, and the world's largest marine exhibit. Lose yourself in the laid-back atmosphere of our Paradise Island Bahamas hotel, which offers spacious accommodations in a breathtaking setting:Located just across the bridge and harbor from Nassau, the historic downtown capital, minutes from world-class golf, wind surfing, scuba diving, and fishing and within walking distance to all the excitement of Atlantis Casino, and shops. Nassau International Airport (NAS)is a short 30 miles (30 minutes) away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Island Harbour Hotel
- Paradise Island Harbor Resort
- Paradise Island Resort
- Paradise Island Harbour Resort All Inclusive Bahamas