“Family Vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas

You added Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas to your Saves list
Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Casino Dr, Paradise Island, Nassau, New Providence Island   |
Offers & Announcements
Treasured Guest Reward
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
“Family Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed here with our teenage sons. The beach was great. The one bedroom villa was very clean and comfortable for a family of 4. The food at the restaurant, Violas, was very good, and compared to other places, not so expensive.
If you stay here be aware that taxis to Nassau are very expensive.

Room Tip: Room 112 had newer living room furniture.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Laval, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The restaurant is good and prices are cheap compared to the rest of the island.

The accommodations were a mixed bag: on the positive side, the bed was very comfortable, the room quiet, we had two televisions with lots of channels; on the negative side, the bathtub was gross, there were two caterpillars behind the curtains in the bedroom.

Also, the hotel had emailed me to ask if we wanted anything from the local grocery store and I asked for water and coke, but when we got to the room, there was nothing in the fridge. Thankfully, the hotel had forgotten to charge us also, so we didn't complain.

And last but not least, my mother wanted to smoke on the patio one day, but one person from the management team had decided to have lunch there...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary this year in the Bahamas. After reading various reviews on Trip Advisor we settled on Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas to avoid the crowds at Atlantis and enjoy a more romantic and private beachfront resort.

From the first night of our stay we were regretful of our decision. Rather than a warm welcome, we ran into a rude and disrespectful security guard (Ms. Burrows) whose discourtesy laid the groundwork for a disappointing stay. The disrespect displayed by Ms. Burrows was brought to the attention of the manager (Sharon Johnson) who essentially disregarded our complaints, did a disappearing act, and attempted to sweep the problem under the rug by buying a drink for my husband and I- adding insult to injury.

Wifi will cost you $11.00 per 24 hour period per device. Housekeeping will cost $7.00 per day and consist of replenishing towels (if you're lucky) and making your bed. Housekeeping staff will not clean your bathroom at all and there will be no smell of freshly used cleaning products at anytime during your stay. Bathroom tiles were cracked, pillowcases were stained, bathroom rug was stained, and an unsightly construction-sized dumpster sits directly on the property.

The pool is less appealing than the pictures posted and the food at the bar will bore you after 2 days. You may or may not receive signals for your television to work and if you do not receive the signals, office staff will do nothing to figure this problem out. They will simply tell you wait a little longer and let them know if you're still having problems. Entertainment nights on Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas consist of Salsa night, Karaoke night, and a night where a two-man band performs. Let's just say I would rather watch re-runs of American Idol to enjoy better talent.

The only plus to this property is that it is beachfront but so are the other neighboring hotels (RIU and Atlantis) and I can personally say Atlantis delivers superb and impeccable customer service. There are individuals on this property that deserve recognition for providing the level of service expected on a resort on Paradise Island and they include: Kelsey, Tanya, and Deandra (bartenders/serves) and Jackson (on-site maintenance manager and go-to-guy for anything).

I wish I could say our money was well spent and we were happy with this resort but the opposite is the case. IF you are like my husband and I and work hard for your money, please do not spend it here. Go elsewhere and get more bang for your buck or at the very least staff that appear to understand the basics of hospitality. Ms. Johnson (manager), Ms. Knowles (bar manager) and Ms. Burrows (security guard) are undeserving of your money. This resort does not deliver quality expected of Paradise Island and I would never recommend this resort under any circumstances.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Holbrook, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Our stay at Sunrise beach club & villas was great! We stayed in room 103. It was very clean and comfortable. The pool was nice but the beach was FABULOUS! You are close to everything at the Atlantis without the crowds.The food at Violas was good and reasonable. I will return with my family!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We spent a week at Sunrise Beach Club & Villas and loved it! We had a one-bedroom villa with a sofa bed downstairs, which was perfect for our family. It was great having a full kitchen at my disposal--we ordered groceries from FoodStore2Go so they'd be in the villa when we arrived, and while we were here, we stocked up on other necessities at the Solomon's Fresh Market in Harbour Bay Shopping Centre (over the bridge in Nassau). This allowed us to make breakfasts & lunches in our villa, which saved us a ton so we could enjoy dining out in the evenings.

Sunrise Beach Club is also FAR less crowded than Atlantis, which makes it quieter and (in my view) much more relaxing. The pool is practically deserted most of the time, and if you head right at the bottom of the stairs to the beach, you can get to a much less congested area in just a short walk, even if the cruise ship crowds are on the beach. Beach chairs and umbrellas are available for rent at the bottom of the stairs, but they are pricey ($10 chair, $25 umbrella), so we ended up buying our own umbrella and chair on our second day. If you're interested, you can also rent jet skis, go on a banana boat ride, go parasailing or snorkeling, buy jewelry, get your hair braided, etc., all on the beach. While the beach vendors are ubiquitous, they also graciously accept a "no thank you" and move on, so we didn't find them overly distracting.

The daily maid service was wonderful (fresh towels, clean beds, clean dishes). We ate at Viola's a couple of times and got drinks there a couple more times. Carla (in the office) was very helpful whenever we had questions or needed anything. The office had fresh beach towels whenever we needed new ones, and we were able to buy gallons of water at the office when we ran low on what we'd ordered from the grocery store, which was very convenient.

Overall, we had a great time. My only "cons" were (a) the villa needed a little TLC--the closet doors in the bedroom were constantly coming off the tracks, which was annoying, and (b) Viola's has a karaoke night on Fridays that is LOUD (crowd noise/cheering more so than the music itself). We could barely sleep on our last night due to the noise, and since we had to get up really early the next morning to get to the airport, it was terrible timing. If I had it to do over again, I would avoid a Friday night here entirely, just because of the noise. The live music on other nights wasn't nearly as distracting and we had no trouble sleeping at any other time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I debated writing this review for selfish reasons, I wanted to keep this little treasure,
Sunrise Beach, for myself. Alas, my unselfish side prevailed and I decided to let
everyone else in on the secret. If you like beautiful beaches, comfortable beds, spacious
apartments, real kitchens, and easy access to Atlantis, then this is the place for you. Oh
I forgot to mention that it is affordable, we stayed eight nights for less than $2,000 USD.

We loved our stay, the second time we have visited Nassau. Carla and her staff made
our trip wonderful. We stayed in apartment 110, our air conditioning was out the first day,
we really could not tell, but Jackson, my fellow San Antonio Spurs fan, had it repaired
in less than 2 hours. We washed our clothes for around $10 in the washroom at the location.

I suggest walking to the end of the Cabbage beach, where there is a rock ledge, it is a great place for snorkeling. You can see plenty of Sargent Major's swimming near the ledge.

We rented a car and if you can handle driving on the left side of the road, I would strongly recommend making the invsetment. Nassau is a beuatiful island with other beaches and sights you can enjoy. Armed with our Garmin GPS we were able to drive around we went to MONTAGU BEACH, Potter's Cay for some of great snapper and grouper at DOC SANDS. We drove to the fish fry and again enjoyed some fine seafood at Twin Brother's. We wentt to the Harbot Plaza and pruchased some breakfast food we cooked each morning and a beach unbrella and beach chair so we could seat out on the beach.

I almost forgot to mention Viola's, the restaurant on the property, and makers of the best
piña colada I have ever had!

Thank you Carla and staff, God willing we will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We travelled from Australia to Bahamas in April. I stayed here with my husband and 3 children 10,12&13 after we had stayed at the Atlantis for the first night. I wish had've stayed here from the start. We had a 2 bed roomed villa with sofa bed. It was clean, beds made everyday, a kitchen so we could make our own breakfast. It was in a great location. Close enough to walk to the Atlantis & harbour village. Violas bar had great food at a reasonable price. The staff were very helpful in the office. I would highly recommend staying here to any families. We will be back again! Davis family. Sydney. Australia

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas? Share your experiences!