The hotel was great and the staff very friendly and helpful. We stayed in unit #206, and enjoyed having the extra room. Once the waves died down after the hurricane, the beach was lots of fun. The restaurant was outstanding- wonderful food and fun staff.
Negatives about the trip- each taxi ride across the bridge into Nassau was a minimum $24, without tip. There's not a lot to do at the hotel, so every day we went over at least once. It's more expensive to Arawak (locally, the fish fry), and all shopping is in Nassau. ATM machines are almost non-existent on Paradise, so take cash with you. We ordered groceries to be delivered, paid for them online days before we went, but they never delivered them. They kept calling to push delivery back until we finally, the end of our 2nd day, just got a taxi to take us to buy our own. All in all, if I went again I'd stay at the British Colonial Hilton because of location.
The hotel was nice, the staff great, but unless you're looking to just relax and not do too much, it can be inconvenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet beach front hotel and villas to suit all budgets. One bedroom hotel units with efficiency kitchens and private bedroom, up to 5 bedroom 4,000 sq. ft. luxury villas. Viola's Bar and Cafe is within steps of both pools, with Archie's On The Beach to serve refreshments beachside. A 5 minute walk to the Atlantis Casino complex, world class and Bahamian style shopping, and multitudes of restaurants. Historic downtown Nassau 1.5 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Sunrise Beach Clubs and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Beach Clubs And Villas Hotel Paradise Island
- Sunrise Beach Hotel
- Sunrise Beach Resort
- Sunrise Beach Clubs And Villas Bahamas/Paradise Island