“Best Kept Secret” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 hotels in Paradise Island
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Kept Secret”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

A great place to stay if you are looking for a deal. By booking at Comfort Suites, you get to use the ammenities for Atlantis (3 minute walk away) for free. They offer continental breakfast (nothing special, but it was good food) until 10 am. The rooms were clean and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
comfortsuitespi, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for comments. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and our full buffet breakfast that is served daily from 7am to 10am. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the very near future.

1,534 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
lockport, new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

my husband and I stayed at the comfort suites sept.18th-22nd. reviews were very helpful. we asked for a room on the third floor by the pool and exit to atlantis. it worked out well for us but beware! there are three flights of stairs to get to the restaurant by the pool and also to get to the street to take you to the atlantis. that means you have to go back up the stairs to get to your room. so if you have any health issues, don't stay on the third floor. the room was just a standard, and was just fine. few small problems. the phone didn't work, but was promptly replaced as we had family staying at the atlantis and needed to stay in touch. water pressure was bad as everyone has said. breakfast food was ok, the same every day ,but it filled us up enough to get us to the dinner hour. yes food and drink very expensive. as everyone says ,stop at a local grocery and liquor store before going over the bridge. we had Cheryl fergison as our driver, her husband and Cheryl were wonderful, I recommend them highly. we had a great time and really the only expense was dinner. I even won at the casino! go, stay at the comfort suites and enjoy paradise!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
comfortsuitespi, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for your comments and taking the time to write this review. We look forward to welcoming to Comfort Suites Paradise Island again in the near future.
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed at Comfort Suites Sept 12 - 16.
All reviews are correct in how close and convenient this is to Atlantis - literally across the street.
We were closer to the casino in Atlantis than some of the buildings that are actually part of Atlantis.
The renovation of Comfort Suites that is just being completed is excellent.
Rooms very comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful.
Free daily breakfast very good with eggs, meat, pastries etc.
Pool with swim up bar very nice and low key. Good place to relax at end of the day and meet some other tourists to chat and compare experiences.
Nice to be able to check emails with free WiFi. The free business center also nice - easy to print boarding passes for departure.
Atlantis was superb. This was a great time to go. Crowds way down, no waits for anything.
Facility is very large. I snorkeled in the 250M gallon aquarium and highly recommend this add-on.
Did not go to Rose island as a day trip, but plan to on our next visit.
For dinner - highly recommend Montagu's Garden. Local favorite, very good food, attractive prices. Grouper was excellent. This is across the bridge so too far to walk. But - restaurant will pay for the taxi for your arrival (absolutely no issues with cab or restaurant on this). And, they will bring you back to hotel in their shuttle. Could not have been easier. We ate there 2 nights!
We had a couple of hours available the morning of our departure so booked the taxi to take us around Nassau. Add-on fee was very reasonable and we got a great tour of Nassau with lots of local history thrown in along with a visit stop at Queens Staircase.
Final recommendation: GO! You'll have a blast.

Room Tip: We stayed in 303. Convenient to Atlantis but a walk to the hotel lobby.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were cruising on Carnival Pride from September 1st, 2013 to September 9th. The cruise itinerary included a stop in Nassau, Bahamas. I really wanted to take my two kids to Atlantis waterpark/aquarium/The Dig but the cruise offered packages were not affordable with a price tag of $175 per person regardless of age. For a family of four it would add up to $700 with transportation. The prices at the Atlantis entrance were $120 per adult and $85 per child. In this case we would shell out $445 + $40 transportation (taxy or ferry) from and to cruise ship = $485. What my friend suggested was to book a night at Comfort Suites! They offer a FREE entrance to Atlantis for up to 4 people if you pay for one night (you have to indicate the number of people you are booking for in order to get that many passes to Atlantis). You do not have to spend the night if you do not want to. No one cares if you ever entered your designated room (though we did enter to change into bathing suits and left some things there to avoid loosing them on the beach/waterpark). We paid $315 for one night including all taxes and fees, checked in, took the registration cards to Atlantis, got our Free passes, spent the day at the resort and waterpark, checked out across the street at Comfort Suites on the same day and Voila! $130 saved off Atlantis resort daily admission cost for the family of four. (We also had some cerial bars, chips, apples and water with us so we did not have to spend money on the Atlantis overpriced food.) Depending on the time of the year and the number of people in your party the savings may vary. Thank you Comfort Suites and thank you my good friend!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed at the comfort suites in July 2013 with my husband and 2yrs old toddler.

PRO’s

1. The hotel was centrally located
2. We had full access to Atlantis as if we were guest at the other hotels in Atlantis
3. We had complementary breakfast which was good every morning.

CON’s

4. The rooms were clean minor things wrong example, Blow dryer didn’t work the maid
came really early to clean rooms etc…

5. You have to keep on top of the staff if you want something done.

6. You have to go everyday to get a band to get into Atlantis or you will not be allowed
access to Atlantis.

But basically it was a good trip I WOULD STAY THERE AGAIN.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My sister works for the airlines so we decided to hop on a plane for a quick weekend trip to Paradise Island. After reading the recent reviews for this hotel we made a reservation. What a good choice because this is great hotel! We had room 223 at the very end of the hall. All we had to do is walk out the door and the Atlantis is right there. The definate bonus is that we got all the same access to the waterparks/beach/aquarium as the high priced Atlantis resort. Comfort suites had a great free breakfast and the room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was exceptional! Thanks for a great stay ...we will be back!

Room Tip: Room 223 is great! The Atlantis is right outside your door!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
comfortsuitespi, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing to share your vacation with us and for taking the time to write this reveiw.
We are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Comfort Suites Paradise Island in the very near future.
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Recently one of my closest friends and I stayed here to celebrate my 60th birthday. I had stayed here before but it was at least 6 years ago and I was excited and pleased to see the renovations. We had a junior suite that overlooked the pool and were able to step outside from our room for easy access to everything. The room had been updated with new bedspreads and tons of pillows, all very cheerful. Even the security safe had been improved (although I have never felt the need to use a safe, my friend insisted on it). Another nice surprise was the free breakfast buffet that now includes hot dishes like eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. as well as the usual breakfast items like fresh fruit, coffee, tea, juice, bagels, English muffins, toast and cereal There are two places to eat, one at the pool area and one inside. Lines were long so get there early.

About the staff: we were greeted at the front desk by a very cheerfully nice young man (much improved from former stays). I'm sorry that I can't remember his name though. Every single employee there was very nice and helpful, from the room service folks to the food service people and of course, our wonderful bartenders. It was so good to see Christal and Paul at the pool bar every day. I knew Cristal from past visits & we had been able to keep in touch with each other, so it was like visiting part of an extended family. Paul is really crazy & fun to be around, although he was new to me. My friend and I shared many a laugh and private jokes with him! Then I saw another friend, Martha who works in food service. She wore a badge that said Agatha on it but I was certain that I knew her, and she remembered me! I was disappointed that bartender Michael was on vacation during our stay. He is wonderful. Yet another nice surprise was to see that they added a DJ at the pool bar, Steve. We met a lot of great people through him. Security staff was excellent as well, not that we needed it.

I think the only drawback I found was that you could not use cash to pay for drinks or food from Crusoe's, the small restaurant on the property. I am not a huge credit card user so I brought a lot of cash, especially for tipping.

Overall the hotel is very clean, with a friendly staff, free access to Atlantis and a lot cheaper than most hotels on Paradise Island. You will not be disappointed with this hotel and I advise getting to know the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor of the main building, with a pool view. It's very well worth...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind comments about our team members we enjoy being a part of our guests experiences here at Comfort Suites. We will ensure that your comments are given to all of the employees you mentioned. Thank you for returning to the Bahamas and choosing to stay with us. We look forward to sharing in your next vacation experience.

Been to Comfort Suites Paradise Island? Share your experiences!