“Always The Best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Norfolk, Virginia
“Always The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Recently one of my closest friends and I stayed here to celebrate my 60th birthday. I had stayed here before but it was at least 6 years ago and I was excited and pleased to see the renovations. We had a junior suite that overlooked the pool and were able to step outside from our room for easy access to everything. The room had been updated with new bedspreads and tons of pillows, all very cheerful. Even the security safe had been improved (although I have never felt the need to use a safe, my friend insisted on it). Another nice surprise was the free breakfast buffet that now includes hot dishes like eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. as well as the usual breakfast items like fresh fruit, coffee, tea, juice, bagels, English muffins, toast and cereal There are two places to eat, one at the pool area and one inside. Lines were long so get there early.

About the staff: we were greeted at the front desk by a very cheerfully nice young man (much improved from former stays). I'm sorry that I can't remember his name though. Every single employee there was very nice and helpful, from the room service folks to the food service people and of course, our wonderful bartenders. It was so good to see Christal and Paul at the pool bar every day. I knew Cristal from past visits & we had been able to keep in touch with each other, so it was like visiting part of an extended family. Paul is really crazy & fun to be around, although he was new to me. My friend and I shared many a laugh and private jokes with him! Then I saw another friend, Martha who works in food service. She wore a badge that said Agatha on it but I was certain that I knew her, and she remembered me! I was disappointed that bartender Michael was on vacation during our stay. He is wonderful. Yet another nice surprise was to see that they added a DJ at the pool bar, Steve. We met a lot of great people through him. Security staff was excellent as well, not that we needed it.

I think the only drawback I found was that you could not use cash to pay for drinks or food from Crusoe's, the small restaurant on the property. I am not a huge credit card user so I brought a lot of cash, especially for tipping.

Overall the hotel is very clean, with a friendly staff, free access to Atlantis and a lot cheaper than most hotels on Paradise Island. You will not be disappointed with this hotel and I advise getting to know the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor of the main building, with a pool view. It's very well worth...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
comfortsuitespi, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about our team members we enjoy being a part of our guests experiences here at Comfort Suites. We will ensure that your comments are given to all of the employees you mentioned. Thank you for returning to the Bahamas and choosing to stay with us. We look forward to sharing in your next vacation experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I traveled in late August w/my 10 yr old grandaughter. I booked a package w/CheapCarribean.com & paid $1200 for both of us. It included room/RT air/airport shuttle to/from Nassau to Paradise Island (about a 30 - 40 min trip 1 way), daily passes to Atlantis, free breakfast, wifi, & kids eat free promo. Not bad for Friday - Tues.

We got checked into the hotel pretty quickly once we arrived, but the shuttle service I booked as part of my Cheap Carribean package could have been better. It was a bus that wasn't dedicated to just the comfort suites, but stopped at Atlantis & other hotels, so we had to wait to depart the airport, & to get dropped off after the Atlantis guests. All this caused us to miss getting access to the Atlantis facilities on our arrival day (Friday), as they stop issuing wristbands (necessary to get access to the waterpark) at 4 pm. with this deal.

The room was fine. The bed was comfortable & their was a separate sitting area w/desk & coffee table to relax. Nothing fancy, but I didn't come here to spend a lot of time in the room anyway. I did have an issue w/the hotel overbilling me for the movies however, so be careful if you pay for the unlimited 24 hr movie viewing that you don't get double billed. I argued w/them at checkout over this, they said they would credit me, but they didn't.

Another negative was the breakfast. Really crowded, they don't bring out more food once they run out of things, & the breakfast staff isn't friendly. They seemed annoyed to be there almost & I didn't see smiles on any of their faces. They have a couple locations inside the hotel for the breakfast. Not sure if both are open simultaneously, but I did run into an issue with the breakfast bar on our side of the hotel being closed w/o forewarning, so we missed breakfast that day as we cut it too close to our departure time & didn't have time to run over to the other one that was open. Oh well..

The food is super expensive in the area, so I brought my own Jif peanut butter & ziploc bags & took bread & jelly from the breakfast bar each day & made PB&J's for us to take to the beach. Worked out great. You can rent lockers & get beach towels at Atlantis, so you can secure your things while you are having fun on the beach or at the water park.

Other things about the hotel. The bar was nice to get a glass of wine, or drink in the evenings. The bartenders were really nice & they made my grandaughter a virgin banana/strawberry smoothie nightly & we took our beverages to our rooms to retire for the evening. Once the sun goes down, you can walk around the shops at the pier, grab some food/icecream, listen to music or watch the world go by. This area is always busy w/lots of people & we enjoyed the scenery w/the yachts in the harbor & live music playing in the restaurants. We also spent time at the Atlantis hotel walking around & enjoying the grounds/acquarium.

All in all, I'd stay at the Comfort Suites again for this deal. You really can't beat the prices compared to what you get. Just get to breakfast early & try to pack your own snacks/lunch items so you can save $ on food/drinks which really add up.

Room Tip: ask for a room that is on the end that is closer to the pathway to Atlantis.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
comfortsuitespi, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites Paradise Island for your vacation. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the complimentary buffet breakfast that is served daily.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Corpus Christi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Free breakfast, free wifi, free access to Atlantis and clean rooms! What more do you need? Tip: stock up at the liquor store across the street. There's a mini fridge in every room. Only downside, long walks to the elevator.

Room Tip: West wing is closer to the pool and Atlantis, east wing has better layout in regards to the elevator...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

If you are lucky enough to stay on this gorgeous island but you dont have super deep pockets, this hotel starts to look pretty good.
For starters, it is well located, and by that I mean close to Atlantis. As well, checking in allows you access to all things Atlantis and that is another selling feature.

now for the bad news- this hotel while clean is devoid of character and charm. the tradeoff for these are working air conditioning, clean towels, and better than most house-keeping. the staff are accomodating and try to make things enjoyable.

free breakfast is a way to once again not splurdge but dont look for a lavish tropical buffet. instead you get basic stuff to fill you up.

the pool isnt one that gets much use if we compare what you get a short 5 walk away in atlantis. one idea would be to expand the breakfast area so that guests dont need to jockey for tables.

all in all, a good choice for the value.

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room or suite facing the pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Huntington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Reasonably prices rooms in a clean, pleasantly decorated hotel. Room rate includes daily continental breakfast (scrambled eggs, sausage, cereals, rolls, toast, yogurt, etc). Very helpful, friendly staff. Rate also includes use of Atlantis facilities. This is quite a savings since the admission to the Atlantis water park is $125 a day. Guests can enjoy the activity and luxury of Atlantis, but return to their rooms in a quiet more relaxed atmosphere. Bar is in the lobby so there is no real lounge area to speak of. Outdoor tables are available.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My family and I stay there for 6 nights. We booked through Costco and it was a great deal. It was right across from Atlantis so the location is excellent. We had full access to Atlantis which was included in room fee, free breakfast and free wifi. We walked to Royal Tower in the morning to get bracelet to Atlantis water park. We also setup so that we can charge to our room while we were in Atlantis. Wifi was good for internet surfing but too slow for Netflix. Our room was spacious with a queen bed and pull out sofa.

My parents' room as a small water leak from their toilet. Maintenance person came and worked on it but couldn't fix it. The safe in their room was not working. Besides those two issues, everything else was great. The staff was friendly and helpful.

If you don't book through Costco, be prepared for a lot of surcharges which will add up. They could upgrade us to deluxe rooms as we reserved because we wanted 2 adjacent rooms. This was not their fault. If you want this, make sure they know ahead of time.

Overall, we had a great stay and highly recommended it.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
comfortsuitespi, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write about your vacaton. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Comfort Suites Paradise Island in the very near future.
Newburgh, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great visit back to comfort suites. we asked for a room near the pool and were given one w/ a slider door to the pool deck, the full access to atlantis is priceless. participated in the activities and won great prizes at bingo at the atlantis thearter. breakfast is decent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to return to Comfort Suites Paradise Island. We look forward to making each and every trip you take to the Bahamas a success.

Been to Comfort Suites Paradise Island? Share your experiences!