“Great Facility for Atlantis on a Budget!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Victor, New York
“Great Facility for Atlantis on a Budget!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Thanks to everyone who wrote a previous TripAdvisor review on this property - we never would have thought of staying here! Our stay was great! Why pay a ton of money for a hotel room that you are hardly in? The room was nice - newly renovated with a refrigerator, coffee maker, flat screen TV. We had a free hot breakfast every morning, and were given "kids eat free" coupons for our kids (12 and under) that were good for lunch at the hotel or for dinner at a nice restaurant called Anthony's across the street (must purchase adult entrée of $18 or greater price). The hotel was right across the street from the Atlantis shopping village (inexpensive restaurants such as Johnny Rockets and Quizno's subs), Dunkin Donuts, and a small convenience store. The staff was very friendly and nice. The walk over to the Atlantis Royal Towers every morning to pick up our bracelets was not bad at all. Be sure to get a map of Atlantis when you arrive, plus the daily activity sheet for Atlantis - the hotel does not provide these items and you have to go over to Atlantis to pick them up. We did not go to Atlantis every day and we ended up missing the fireworks and the junkanoo parade because we did not know they were going on. Overall a great value and a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the low 300's - this is the top floor next to the ramp that takes you outside without ha...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
comfortsuitespi, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your trip. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here because we really wanted two rooms, but it would have been way too expensive to get two rooms on Atlantis property. I read reviews and decided for the money we would save that we would stay at comfort suites. I think I saved enough money to pay for our food and dolphin excursion. And we got all the perks of being a guest of Atlantis. We actually made our reservations through the Atlantis website. It was cheaper than the comfort suites website. If you are going to stay in the least expensive room at Atlantis, I would definitely consider staying at comfort suites. It is literally just across the street. Breakfast was basic but FREE!!! That is an added bonus because all of the food at atlantis is ridiculously expensive. My husband said the coffee was terrible.

Room Tip: We stayed in 109 and 111. These rooms were in a perfect location to get to Atlantis. This hotel is...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Comfort Suites Paradise Island for your vacation and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your comment on the coffee we will adjust this to better serve our guest and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

While this may often be the least expensive hotel on Paradise Island, there are other options. Word has it that sometimes Atlantis has some rooms that are less. But Comfort Suites has rooms that are nicer than some Atlantis rooms -- probably a small fraction.
Lobby gets crowded at certain times. WiFi is weak and spotty; no excuse for that these days. Bar staff is fun and friendly, and the pool is a good one. Of course, the strongest reason to stay is its proximity to Atlantis -- good or bad.

• Stayed August 2013
Big Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

THe cost for our 8 was a lot less than Atlantis, but we got all the perks of Atlantis. THe staff couldn't have been nicer--check in, bar tender, travel desk. CLEAN< CLEAN> The breakfast was basic but a lot less expensive than at Atlantis. The walk across to Atlantis was pleasant. I would not stay anywhere else on Paradise Island. Every evening we would leave the chaos of Atlantis and walk back to our peaceful room.

Room Tip: we had a room on the West side which was close to the Atlantis--corner rooms near the ice machine an...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
comfortsuitespi, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Paradise soon.
home
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Nice property, while breakfast is not the best it's coffee, bagels/toast and saves a couple 30.00 per day. Took the advise from other travelers and ordered from foodtogo.com. Everything is within walking distance. Only complaint was friendliness at front desk. Check-in seemed like a bother, room keys didn't work first time, no explaination about breakfast, or how to obtain daily water park bracelets. Like other reviews shower was very poor even at 3:30 in the afternoon. It would be a huge benefit if bracelets could be issued at Comfort Suites.

Cove beach is the best avoid all others, pool at Cove is also nicest, pack beverages and a lunch and the only expenses is dinner, plan $100.00 per couple per night at a minimum.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Just got back from my third stay at the comfort suites. I'm not going to mince words, this hotel is a great VALUE. A resort it is not.
I'm a Pittsburgh girl. We are a fairly down to earth kind. But let me just say, that I also can afford to stay in Atlantis, but I'd also like to send my kids to college, so we call it camping and off we go...and rent a private boat to snorkel rose island for a day with some of the difference.
So here's the facts of our stay that can be useful info to many of you:
1. If you ask for adjoining suites, you will get put at the furthest point of the hotel in the non renovated rooms. All newly renovated rooms are NON adjoining.
2. Dunkin donuts across the street is now a great affordable alternative to the free breakfast, because ketchup was not enough to mask the blandness of the eggs with a rancid greasy aftertaste on some days. But, it is still a decent breakfast if you are creative. Wish I would have thought to stop at the store for American cheese to make bagel sandwiches like other guests. Note to self for next time. And they do have oatmeal, cereal, toast, bacon, sausage and waffles.
3. My mattress was a board with a swale in the middle like a swayback horse...see #1 and why I should have not asked for adjoining (aka non renovated) rooms. Other friends and family with us in the renovated rooms had nice new mattresses and soft mattress pads. Hmmm. Should have let the kids fend for themselves. Pack a pillow because, luxury, these are not. Overstuffed squares, bizarre. If you un-tuck the pillowcase you can pound them into some semblance of comfort. I'm also used to down, so maybe I'm just spoiled.
4. We had to kill a cockroach, oh the horror......(actually we killed three, two on Atlantis property and one on CS property.) It's a tropical island people.
5. Although my room was very clean, and tidy, there was water damage on the ceiling from an old leak in the shower above me. Ruined my ENTIRE vacation.
6. my friends that stayed in Atlantis? Broken toilet, shower and hairdryer for three days.
7. Book through cs and use an AAA card, cheapest price.
8. Pool Bar was several dollars cheaper per drink than Atlantis, but it closes by 7pm. Michael and Crystal are both great bartenders.
9. The Bahamian people are like mirrors, they'll reflect back what they've been given. So if they're treating you like you are a {insert favorite derogatory nickname}, maybe it's because...you forgot to say please and thank you all while smiling. :) Just sayin'. They are humans being paid as low as $4.16/hr to wait on you hand and foot. Don't treat them like servants, and you'll be rewarded ten fold in kind.
10. Wear comfy shoes. yes, it's a walk. No you do not have to enter and exit through the casino. Path of least resistance, but not your only option. I'm not going to tell you the secrets, because then they wouldn't be secrets anymore, now would they? Just know that your pink room card will grant you entry to any part of Atlantis at any hour. yes, it includes the fitness center there.
11. Take clear packing tape to laminate your pink room card. Don't know why they insist on giving you a paper card to charge to your room and get your wristbands to a waterpark, but they do. Clearly, if I were in charge, this would be rectified pronto, but I'm not.
12. Read the fine print, there is an energy surcharge and gratuity per diem PER PERSON. The front desk employees are not at fault and I as a fellow vacationer do not wish to hear you moan about it. You should have know this at booking, it's written out fairly clearly.

Room Tip: Just ask for one with a newer mattress. There are NO VIEWS at all. You are going to walk regardles...
wilmington, delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My daughters and I were traveling via Royal Caribbean Cruise line for the entire day in Nassau. I had heard that Atlantis was amazing. I priced the cruises daily price for the day at Atlantis...The price was almost as much as the cruise. Crazy! We looking at all the options I was lead me to The Comfort Inn and Suites. The room rate was less then the cruise price plus we had a room:)
We took the water taxi for $12.00 for the 3 of us to Paradise Island. We walked thru town (1/2 Mile) to the entrance of the resort. We checked in with no problems. Our room wasn't ready so we went to their Breakfast buffet. The had eggs, cereal, muffins, coffee, etc. It wasn't the four season but Very nice! They acually had 2 servers working to refill items, etc. The receptionist gave me the passes for Atlantis and after breakfast off we went!!
We walked right next door to the Royal Tower and received our braclets for the entire day! We could use and do everything on the property! Which included beaches, towels, water park, all pools and some fish feeding was intractive and included!!!
The food at Atlantis was very pricey. I brought water in my bag and snacks. Atlantis is beautful as well as Confort Inn.
We walked to take showers at Comfort Inn and received our room key. The room was nicely decorated and we were in a court side view. Our room had 2 queen size beds, Microwave, TV, refrigrator, sleeper sofa. Shower as well as toilet had a seporate door. The shower part of the room needed some updating. I always enjoy having the seporation so once person can be shower while someone esle uses vanity to get to go out, etc..Comfort Inn doesn't have a beach but a nice pool with a swim up bar! They have daily activities for children as well.
I would stay at the Comfort Inn again.
It's not a full service hotel. If you're looking for that you should check out Atlantis.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Been to Comfort Suites Paradise Island? Share your experiences!