“I will go back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 hotels in Paradise Island
Big Spring, Texas
“I will go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

THe cost for our 8 was a lot less than Atlantis, but we got all the perks of Atlantis. THe staff couldn't have been nicer--check in, bar tender, travel desk. CLEAN< CLEAN> The breakfast was basic but a lot less expensive than at Atlantis. The walk across to Atlantis was pleasant. I would not stay anywhere else on Paradise Island. Every evening we would leave the chaos of Atlantis and walk back to our peaceful room.

Room Tip: we had a room on the West side which was close to the Atlantis--corner rooms near the ice machine an...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
comfortsuitespi, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Paradise soon.

1,508 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
home
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Nice property, while breakfast is not the best it's coffee, bagels/toast and saves a couple 30.00 per day. Took the advise from other travelers and ordered from foodtogo.com. Everything is within walking distance. Only complaint was friendliness at front desk. Check-in seemed like a bother, room keys didn't work first time, no explaination about breakfast, or how to obtain daily water park bracelets. Like other reviews shower was very poor even at 3:30 in the afternoon. It would be a huge benefit if bracelets could be issued at Comfort Suites.

Cove beach is the best avoid all others, pool at Cove is also nicest, pack beverages and a lunch and the only expenses is dinner, plan $100.00 per couple per night at a minimum.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Just got back from my third stay at the comfort suites. I'm not going to mince words, this hotel is a great VALUE. A resort it is not.
I'm a Pittsburgh girl. We are a fairly down to earth kind. But let me just say, that I also can afford to stay in Atlantis, but I'd also like to send my kids to college, so we call it camping and off we go...and rent a private boat to snorkel rose island for a day with some of the difference.
So here's the facts of our stay that can be useful info to many of you:
1. If you ask for adjoining suites, you will get put at the furthest point of the hotel in the non renovated rooms. All newly renovated rooms are NON adjoining.
2. Dunkin donuts across the street is now a great affordable alternative to the free breakfast, because ketchup was not enough to mask the blandness of the eggs with a rancid greasy aftertaste on some days. But, it is still a decent breakfast if you are creative. Wish I would have thought to stop at the store for American cheese to make bagel sandwiches like other guests. Note to self for next time. And they do have oatmeal, cereal, toast, bacon, sausage and waffles.
3. My mattress was a board with a swale in the middle like a swayback horse...see #1 and why I should have not asked for adjoining (aka non renovated) rooms. Other friends and family with us in the renovated rooms had nice new mattresses and soft mattress pads. Hmmm. Should have let the kids fend for themselves. Pack a pillow because, luxury, these are not. Overstuffed squares, bizarre. If you un-tuck the pillowcase you can pound them into some semblance of comfort. I'm also used to down, so maybe I'm just spoiled.
4. We had to kill a cockroach, oh the horror......(actually we killed three, two on Atlantis property and one on CS property.) It's a tropical island people.
5. Although my room was very clean, and tidy, there was water damage on the ceiling from an old leak in the shower above me. Ruined my ENTIRE vacation.
6. my friends that stayed in Atlantis? Broken toilet, shower and hairdryer for three days.
7. Book through cs and use an AAA card, cheapest price.
8. Pool Bar was several dollars cheaper per drink than Atlantis, but it closes by 7pm. Michael and Crystal are both great bartenders.
9. The Bahamian people are like mirrors, they'll reflect back what they've been given. So if they're treating you like you are a {insert favorite derogatory nickname}, maybe it's because...you forgot to say please and thank you all while smiling. :) Just sayin'. They are humans being paid as low as $4.16/hr to wait on you hand and foot. Don't treat them like servants, and you'll be rewarded ten fold in kind.
10. Wear comfy shoes. yes, it's a walk. No you do not have to enter and exit through the casino. Path of least resistance, but not your only option. I'm not going to tell you the secrets, because then they wouldn't be secrets anymore, now would they? Just know that your pink room card will grant you entry to any part of Atlantis at any hour. yes, it includes the fitness center there.
11. Take clear packing tape to laminate your pink room card. Don't know why they insist on giving you a paper card to charge to your room and get your wristbands to a waterpark, but they do. Clearly, if I were in charge, this would be rectified pronto, but I'm not.
12. Read the fine print, there is an energy surcharge and gratuity per diem PER PERSON. The front desk employees are not at fault and I as a fellow vacationer do not wish to hear you moan about it. You should have know this at booking, it's written out fairly clearly.

Room Tip: Just ask for one with a newer mattress. There are NO VIEWS at all. You are going to walk regardles...
wilmington, delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My daughters and I were traveling via Royal Caribbean Cruise line for the entire day in Nassau. I had heard that Atlantis was amazing. I priced the cruises daily price for the day at Atlantis...The price was almost as much as the cruise. Crazy! We looking at all the options I was lead me to The Comfort Inn and Suites. The room rate was less then the cruise price plus we had a room:)
We took the water taxi for $12.00 for the 3 of us to Paradise Island. We walked thru town (1/2 Mile) to the entrance of the resort. We checked in with no problems. Our room wasn't ready so we went to their Breakfast buffet. The had eggs, cereal, muffins, coffee, etc. It wasn't the four season but Very nice! They acually had 2 servers working to refill items, etc. The receptionist gave me the passes for Atlantis and after breakfast off we went!!
We walked right next door to the Royal Tower and received our braclets for the entire day! We could use and do everything on the property! Which included beaches, towels, water park, all pools and some fish feeding was intractive and included!!!
The food at Atlantis was very pricey. I brought water in my bag and snacks. Atlantis is beautful as well as Confort Inn.
We walked to take showers at Comfort Inn and received our room key. The room was nicely decorated and we were in a court side view. Our room had 2 queen size beds, Microwave, TV, refrigrator, sleeper sofa. Shower as well as toilet had a seporate door. The shower part of the room needed some updating. I always enjoy having the seporation so once person can be shower while someone esle uses vanity to get to go out, etc..Comfort Inn doesn't have a beach but a nice pool with a swim up bar! They have daily activities for children as well.
I would stay at the Comfort Inn again.
It's not a full service hotel. If you're looking for that you should check out Atlantis.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kerrville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Just returned and had a good time.
Pros: Rooms nice and not too small; price includes passes to Atlantis; free hot breakfast; staff very friendly and willing to work with clients; WiFi

Cons: No water pressure, so showers are a trifle difficult, baths impossible; breakfast was passable with soggy bacon, and those aren't hash browns, that's SPAM hash but the scrambled eggs were fine and the rest was as well

Location is both a pro and a con. On the Pro side, you're on Paradise Island, and everything on the island is within easy walking distance. On the con side, getting off the island takes a taxi ride (minimum $11 each way; for our group of 8 we couldn't leave the island without dropping at least $30 each way), so everything on Paradise Island is expensive because you are "trapped".

Room Tip: We had a second floor room, which is the entry-level, and seemed to be the best floor to stay on as...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
comfortsuitespi, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing Comfort Suites Paradise Island for your vacation. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to Paradise in the near future.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a great value, but still be prepared to spend alot for entertaininment, food, etc. during your trip. We did quite a bit of research, but still did not know that most expenses at Atlantis properties are charged to the room (they don't take cash). Comfort Suites puts a $300 hold per person on your credit card for any expenses. Luckily we had a Capital One. It is the only card that does not charge a 3% foreign transaction fee!!
The hotel staff was friendly and rooms were clean, comfortable. Breakfast was not great, but was adequate for FREE. Only complaint was that WIFI did not always work and we could not access the Internet at the Computer Center. Make sure you have international service on at one cell, but forget the rest- your on vacation! Most carriers charge in excess of $100 per person!

Use front desk staff to get cabs into town and have them tell you what it should cost. We went into town a few times and were charged a different price each time! Don't miss Senor Frogs! We had a blast!! Be sure to make reservations for any restaurants you want to try, otherwise, go early and try your luck. Strange that there were empty tables, but restaurants were taking reservations only. Surprisingly, no restaurants are open late on Atlantis property even though the casino is opened so, forget that late night snack.
CS is a comfortable walk (10 min.- you will be doing lots of walking so have comfortable shoes!) to Atlantis main hotels and shuttles are available once on Atlantis grounds. The Atlantis pool/waterpark areas were great, but get there before 11:00am to get a chair. No need to buy chairs and umbrellas on the beach. Atlantis has free chairs with umbrellas attached. Didn't know that and we foolishly paid v$30 the first day! Beach was beautiful on day one, but when we went back a few days later, the wave were too rough to stay.
Overall we had a beautiful, relaxing family vacation and would recommend Comfort Suites for any budget conscious family!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us during your vacation in the Bahamas. All of our our guests can charge thier meals at the Atlantis to their room at Comfort Suites Paradise Island. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Dalton, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

You know, a room is a room is a room. And you're not in your room that much anyway. I don't understand why people complain about this place. We stayed here in July 2013 for one week, and it was fantastic. The room was spotless, and very spacious - we had three adults in the room, and there were two beds and a sleeper sofa, which was very comfortable, surprisingly. Our room attendant Wanda, was excellent. She was so sweet and funny and she did such a great job on our room. The entire staff was great. Friendly and always helpful. The only reason why I'm giving the hotel a 4 star is because of the shower. The showers are a very low flow - with hardly any water coming out and there was this strange pressure issue where it pulsated from boiling hot to freezing cold with no happy medium. This is a minor irritation at best. The breakfast they offer was okay...it offered scrambled eggs, toast, fruit, cereal, bagels, hash, coffee, juice - typical breakfast items. The waffles were a little soggy, and you had to toast them a few times. Try to get down to breakfast early, because around 8:30 it fills up fast and gets a little crazy in line.

Another perk staying here is that it includes full use of Atlantis water park, and you don't have to spend a fortune at costlier hotels. I can't justify paying top dollar in a room that I will only spend a few hours in anyway.

Ahhh, Atlantis....what a place. This is our second time here, and we loved it. We came our first time on a cruise and had time constraints, so this time around we explored. I have to say my favorite "ride" was the not so lazy river. The rapids were a hoot. My favorite slide was the falls, off the lazy river. My hubby's and son's favorite was the abyss. We thought we might get bored being there for one week, but there is so much to do, you will never, ever, get bored. A good tip about the water slides is to go to them after 4:00, as the lines thin down considerably after the cruise ships leave. And if you want an umbrella covered beach chair at the cove, you have to get there very early in the morning because they get taken quickly.

The Bahamas is a fantastic vacation, but be prepared to pay the price. We found a small grocery shop in the Anthony's restaurant plaza and bought a few items and had sticker shock at the register - a box of granola bars was $8, a small bag of Lays potato chips was $6, a single sleeve box of Oreo cookies was $5, a 6 pack of soda was $6, and and a case of water was $20. We took a collapsible cooler filled with soda, water and beer. If you buy these items in the park you will pay $4 for water, $3 for soda, and $7 for beer, so it really does help defray costs.

The restaurants were very good, and we had no complaints about the food - and the portions were huge. Most of them ranged from $150 at Anthony's to $30 at Shark Bites. If at all possible, get the value meals in the Atlantis compound, you can save some coin.

All in all, a fantastic vacation, one of the best we have taken, and we plan to return very soon.

Room Tip: Try to get on the ground floor. We were on the third floor and had lots of stairs to climb.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Paradise Island? Share your experiences!