“Great advice from our travel agent” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Chaska, Minnesota
“Great advice from our travel agent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at this property in December right before Christmas. Our travel agent recommended this property over staying at Atlantis. The rooms were nice (we had three), the staff was always pleasant and accommodating. The value of the rooms, free access to Atlantis, free wi-fi, free breakfast was so much better than the overpriced Atlantis properties. We had all the benefits of Atlantis without the hassle. I left an e-reader in my room the day we left and upon calling the hotel, they located it immediately and using a Fed-Ex number I gave them, shipped it to me. We intend a trip back and will not hesitate to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

After two months of reading reviews about Comfort Suites and Atlantis in Bahamas, I decided I should put my thoughts in after my stay at CS in March, 2013. I traveled with my 2 girls and my sister, my first time in Bahamas. I have to say I was overwhelmed when I saw the Atlantis resort, it is mega huge. I was so happy when I saw Comfort Suites across the street. Now CS is not your typical hotel by any means. It's still quite big but yet its not at all big compared with Atlantis Resort. We got a room by the street, at the other end of the exit to Atlantis, though we requested a closer room to the exit to Atlantis or a room facing the pool, we got neither. Looking back, I am glad we didn't. We had a perfect room, two beds, microwave, requested, and it was so so quiet. After a hectic day in the resort, i loved coming in the evening to my room. My girls just loved it. It did not matter we had to walk a few more steps to reach the area where every previous review encourages to book the room in. it is indeed very crowded, the door banging at any hours as guest seem to be using ONLY that exit to go to Atlantis. The noise level is quite high there, and also I noticed that every time we would pass by that area there was a certain smell, humid, warmer, Idk, but again I was very happy with our room. Our room was by 280's close to the indoor breakfast area, which was very convenient versus walking down the stairs by the pool every morning. The room did not have any smell whatsoever, but clean. The sheets and towels were white as snow and plenty, every day we had 2 or 3 extra sets of towels, besides the 4 standard sets. Showers, well we had 2 teenagers, we used the shower at all kind of weird hours, and for a long time, not once did we have any issues with hot/cold water. the water was actually very nice and once we regulated the preferred temp for the shower, that's where it stayed for the duration of the shower. if it was in am, evening, night during the day, we still had no issues. Breakfast was standard, my girls are quite picky, but every morning they found something to eat. if not eggs, then cereal, or oatmeal and fruits, sweet rolls, yogurt... Every morning we were satisfied with breakfast, especially since we knew how expensive food is everywhere else. We actually were thankful for the food we got at no extra cost. I need to mention the staff at Comfort Suites, the most pleasant, friendly, ready to please guests at any time, EVER!!!! I loved them. The housekeeper was so nice and hard working. I had all my documents and quite a bit of cash, in the dresser by my bed, not a dime went missing. The girls left some cash out one day, we found everything on the dresser by the TV, very trust worthy. We did not get a safe box, i preferred to leave a few dollars for the housekeeper every day with a note of thank you and I knew that It would be more of value than the safe BOX. I love to travel smart, I always do my homework months in advance. I knew about the Bahamas prices, CS was the best deal for us, but I want to say to anyone who loves to travel smart, Comfort Suites is it. They treat their guests royally. Who doesn't like that ?? If I go back to Bahamas, I would most definitely stay at CS again, no question about it. We truly enjoyed our stay, Thank you CS Staff for your smiles, for making our stay so great !!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We arrived to a Sheraton Hotel which was in need of some repairs. The hotel room lacked constant hot water, repairs were in evident need to the facility, and the hotel seemed to just be enjoying it's last days before the new hotel complex was finished behind it. We decided to check out the comfort suites on Paradise Island. We were pleasantly greeted, and the woman behind the desk was awesome. She not only got us the best rate she could, but made sure we received an updated room with a view. She saved our vacation. This hotel is in walking distance to Atlantis, shops, and the water taxi. The stay was quiet, clean, and very affordable.

Coming from the Sheraton, a hotel that seems to not care anymore down there, to the Comfort Suites saved our vacation allowing us to enjoy the Bahama's. I would highly recommend this. Oh and while staying here you have full access to Atlantis pools, which is normally over $100 a day per person, so totally worth it.

Clean
Quiet
Friendly
Affordable

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Owings Mills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

It was a very nice room on the bottom floor near the door leading to Atlantis. Other than having to ask for towels and a microwave it was great. We got to experience Atlantis and spent lots of time in Nassau. All in All Great! Place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Folks come on. This hotel gives you value for your money. You spend the day at Atlantis and need somewhere to crash at night. Why pay hundreds when you can make the most of your money at this hotel. They renovated a new wing which is a plus. Clean rooms, bathrooms and very friendly staff. Just don't get the room facing the road to Atlantis cause its busy. I liked it oh and breakfast too :-)

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We would definitely come back to stay here again. The room was large and clean, the staff was very helpful. We had two full size beds and a fold out couch and were able to fit a blow up mattress for our 2nd child. The location was great and we had easy access to Atlantis.

If you are looking for a reasonable hotel on Paradise Island but don't need all the fancy of a five star hotel, this is the place!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Wakefield, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

There were four of us looking for sunshine and we visited the Comfort Suites in Nassau - the hotel was very pleasant - neat and clean - the staff was professional and very helpful. This is not the Four Seasons and neither is the price - our room had two double beds with a pull out sofa - plenty of room - not really in the room much. The hotel cost included a very nice breakfast - same every morning but the normal breakfast food - eggs, waffles, bacon, bagels, oatmeal, etc.
The cost of everything is high in the Bahamas so this breakfast was a real savings. If you had plans to visit the Atlantis properties then this is the place to stay especially with children. We had full access to Atlantis no charge and the walk was minutes away - even late at night the walk from the Atlantis casino to our hotel had a safe feeling since it was so close. The Comfort Suites had a very nice pool area - with comfortable seating and a swim up bar. The savings was considerable staying here and still enjoyed all that Atlantis has to offer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Suites Paradise Island? Share your experiences!