We stayed at the CS for 10 days in January as a family of 4 with 2 kids 12 & 14yrs and had 2 adjoining rooms in the older/non-updated wing on the 3rd floor. We had read a variety of mixed reviews and were a bit unsure as to what our experience would be but being able to have 2 rooms, full access to Atlantis & free breakfast for less than the price of one room at Atlantis, we decided to take the chance.
We were not disappointed. If you are expecting the Ritz Carlton, then you will be disappointed. We had an open mind, & the amount of time you spend in the rooms they were just fine. Even being in the unrenovated wing, we had no issue with water pressure or temperature, in either room, no musty smell (I think the smell some people are complaining about is normal in hotter climates with little fresh air circulating due to the use of air conditioners. The rooms were very clean & maid service was great. We also enjoyed the beds, guess this is a personal preference. We used the safe in the room for $2 /day which we felt was worth it. (yes, maybe this is a charge that could be deleted). We were aware of the extra charge per day per person for housekeeping, energy tax etc and fortunately for us, this was already included in our price, so no surprise at check out. We had a bit more of a walk thru the hotel to the exit for Atlantis, but it wasn’t that big of a deal. No matter where you stay either at the CS or any part of Atlantis, be prepared to walk. We were actually glad we weren’t near the back exit to Atlantis as it was quite busy . The breakfast is fine. There is plenty to choose from & something for everyone, whether it be toast or bagels to cereal to fruit to hot items. And its free, & definitely beats paying the Atlantis prices for breakfast or a muffin at Starbucks for $4.50, at least this gets your day started. The staff were very friendly & accommodating. Free wi-fi throughout the hotel & your room. Overall, value for money it was worth it.
Bottom line: when you’re staying at CS its for the Atlantis experience. Everyone has different standards & will rate the quality of CS differently but for a base for enjoying Atlantis for a fraction of the price, its well worth it. We would stay here again & wouldn’t do anything different. We had a fantastic time! If people feel the need to complain about CS then maybe they should pay the difference & stay at Atlantis.
1) Your pink card from CS is your access card to the Atlantis property, used to get your wristbands every day & used to sign food/beverages from the Atlantis property to your CS room. We picked up self laminating pouches at Staples (bus card size) and laminated the pink card right away as it was only thick paper.
2) We authorized a Visa card at the CS reception for signing privelages from Atlantis back to our room. This way we didn’t have to take any cash, or credit cards to the beach/pools. Many of the food/beverage outlets don’t accept cash.
3) Wristbands: yes, we had to get it everyday (showing our pink card) but it was never a big deal. The desk in the lower level of the Royal Towers opens at 830am. We never had to line up and its on the way to the pools/slides anyways.
4) Pools open at 9am, Slides at 10am and they all close at 5pm.
5) Pool/outside eating facilities: depending on the occupancy level & number of extra people coming from the cruise ships not all establishments are open every day
6) Value meals & drinks: at the outside eating facilities, we found that the best deal by far were the ‘value meals’; which consisted of: burger/chicken fingers/pizza with fries & a drink; the drink are free refills as the soda machine is on the exterior of the food counter; no where does it state this, but we asked and yes, its true. We also took the cups back to the CS rinsed them out & used them the next day, if we decided we didn’t want a value meal & saved the $3.75/drink.
7) Cool bag: we took a soft cool bag on wheels as one of our carry-on luggage; on the way to the CS from the airport we asked our taxi (Sandras Transportation, which was very good) to stop at a grocery store prior to crossing the bridge over to Paradise Island. We picked up a case (36) of bottle water, chips, fruit & snacks; each day we packed our bottled water & snacks & wheeled it into Atlantis; no one ever checked or asked about it & it saved us a bunch of money plus on wheels, no one had to carry the heavy load.
8) Marina Eating Facilities: food at Atlantis & the Marina is not cheap so be prepared; we budgeted $200/day for lunch & dinner for the 4 of us (as breakfast was included at CS); without much alcohol or high-end meals, we spent this daily. We found the best places for quality & price were: Biminis, Murrays Deli, (beware of Quiznos- we felt prices were crazy for a sub sandwich); Also, Anthonys which is across the street from CS & the Marina in the Paradise Island Shopping Plaza (there is also a little convenience/grocery store & liquor store )....and of course, Ben & Jerrys ice Cream
9) Doctor: if you need to see a Doctor they have one in the Beach Tower of the Atlantis Facility but be warned, he/she is not there all day every day. We learnt this the hard way, if the Doctor is there at 1pm, be there for 12:45pm as if there are no patients he/she will leave as soon as he/she has seen everyone until the next day.
10) Aquariums: the aquariums & sea life is amazing; we wandered around The Dig, Predator Tunnel etc during the day & at night as well, there was hardly ever anyone wandering around in the evenings. Check the daily schedule for feeding times for the different aquarium areas.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Despegar.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Suites Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Paradise Island Hotel Paradise Island
- Comfort Suites Bahamas
- Paradise Island Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Atlantis
- Comfort Suites Nassau
- Comfort Suites Paradise Island Bahamas