“Economical way to visit Atlantis!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Paradise Island
Boardman, Ohio, United States
“Economical way to visit Atlantis!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I usually go for luxury hotels--years ago we stayed in the Royal Towers at Atlantis--but this was an extra, last-minute vacation just to get away from the cold for a few days. I must admit that I was worried. If you are looking for luxury, you will not find it at CS, but if you are looking for clean, comfortable, and an economical way to visit Atlantis, this is the place for you. The staff is very friendly and can't do enough for you. The lobby is very nice, and the lobby bar is a comfortable place to hang out. My husband enjoyed the pool bar also. He enjoyed bartenders Michael, Cristal, and Paul. The free WiFi is a definite perk! You will not get this at Atlantis. I couldn't always access it in the room (especially in the evenings when I assume everyone was trying to use it), but I never had any trouble in the lobby or by the pool. The breakfast is adequate if you aren't looking for gourmet. The rooms are clean. Showering can be a problem--low water pressure, hot to cold to hot to cold temperature--but, again, this is a great alternative to spending the big bucks at Atlantis, so a little inconvenience isn't a major problem. The location just behind the marina shops is perfect. No matter where you are on Atlantis property, you have to walk, walk, walk anyway, so the walk to the Royal Towers to pick up your bracelet every day is no big deal. You can spend your entire day and evening at Atlantis if you want. By signing up at the CS desk, you can have signing privileges at Atlantis restaurants. However, if you want to use your credit card for anything else (shopping or tours), you will need a photo ID. Bottled water is cheaper at the vending machine at CS than anywhere in Atlantis, but it is even cheaper across the street in the local shopping area. (There is also a small straw market behind the Scotia Bank. And if you walk straight up the street where the entrance to CS is, after about a 10 to 15 minute walk, you will come to the beautiful Versailles Garden, which is free to walk through.) We purchased a package from Majestic Tours to take us back and forth from the airport. Although we have no complaints--our returning driver was very entertaining--we discovered that it would have been cheaper to take a cab. Cab rates are clearly posted.We would have saved $30 by taking a cab. Please keep in mind that my rating of 4 does not mean that the property is a "4 star" hotel. I am taking into account cleanliness, friendliness, location, perks such as WiFi and free breakfast, and, most importantly, full access to everything Atlantis has to offer.

Room Tip: We booked with CheapCaribbean and upgraded to a room with a "balcony." Keep in mind that t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We enjoyed staying at this hotel very much. The free breakfast was certainly adequate and saved us $$ by not having to pay for this meal every day. A better selection of fresh fruit is the only thing that could have been improved upon. The room was very clean, maid service was great. Fresh towels, bed made and my mountain of shoes were straightened out each day!! The free wifi was a great bonus. That alone was a big savings over the Atlantis where nothing is free. We had a short walk across the street to get to the Atlantis and then we had to go through the casino and down a short flight of stairs to get our wristband every morning. The walking everyone complains about is because Atlantis itself is so huge not because the Comfort Suites is across the street. We ate at Shark Bites and the Cave for late lunches. There is another restaurant out in the Lagoon where we got drinks one day but then the next day it was closed due to low attendance numbers. For dinner 1 night we went to Nassau (walked over and took cab back) and ate at the Poop Deck. It was good but more expensive than I thought it should have been. We had Anthony's the first night which I thought was just ok. The entrees were expensive. We just had soup and an appetizer. The Marina Village has some restaurants and that is very close to the Comfort Suites. There is a Johnny Rockets in there which is fairly inexpensive. We really really enjoyed Atlantis. Such a beautiful resort. The river ride was fun, we did it twice. When I go back I would stay at the Comfort Suites again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the walkway to the Casino. Ours was right near the steps to the lobby on the se...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Southampton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed at the CS Feb. 2 thru Feb.6th got a great deal thru Cheap Caribean. $1250.00 for two from phl direct flights 4 nites. Atlantis as everyone has said is very expensive, but by staying at the CS ,stopping at store from airport for beer, water, soda, and some snacks and eating at Anthonys and Montagu Gardens you can offset some of the expenses and enjoy the beauty of this wonderful resort {Atlantis}.There were no crowds, no lines and plenty of chairs around the many pools and water attractions.The Dig was really cool, fantastic views of many species of fish. The walk from CS to the towers to get your wrist band was not to bad, and from there you pretty close to most of the pools and beaches,but believe me you do walk a lot even if you were staying in Atlantis , the resort is just so big.....I do find it hard to believe that so many people give the CS an excellent rating though, I enjoyed my trip very much but the Atlantis experience has nothing to do with rating this property......Taking a shower was horrible,,hot, cold, hot, cold,cold, hot every time. The room although a suite was rather small. Room# 109......no safe, no temp dial on air conditioner and I found the lighting to be rather poor also room faced out to the street and in the morning got quite noisy from employees of Atlantis being dropped off for work.The first floor is a smaller section of the building and the odor in the corridor was pretty bad especially upon first entering The staff were great, breakfast was what it was,,get there early for best results. Michael at pool bar was very friendly.Channel selection was very good.Ice machines worked fine always had ice for packing up in the morning.The bed was fine,lots of pillows. I didn't like the fact that you had to use your key to get back into building from the pool and breakfast area all the time and beware of the door going from the breakfast room to the outside dining area you have to pull not push, and with your hands full with styrofoam plates and cups this is not easy,watched many a person struggle with it with spillage.Overall for the price it can't be beat but in my views the rating of this property is noy excellent.

Room Tip: Bad odor in first floor corridor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 4 night stay at Comfort Suites. We travel about 10 times a year, and have been to Bahamas before. Thought we would try for a quick trip and good price with access to Atlantis beaches and resort. We have stayed in all inclusives, 2 star motels and the Ritz. I didnt' expect too much from the Comfort Suites but it really turned out not to be a relaxing place to stay.

Cons:
Arrived at hotel at 4pm. Gave us room on 3rd floor facing the plaza and on busy corner. Then my husband put down his laptop on coffee table the whole thing collapsed on his foot, the fridge was leaking water all over the floor, and it was not in the proper place under the counter. Called down to front desk, told them we wanted new room, he said would call back. Waited 30 min no call, haul all the bags back down to the lobby. Mind you there are no bell boys, carts around and one elevator in this whole complex. Spoke to front desk didn't seem to care. Gives us a second room on the wing over the parking lot, get there and not the updated room we paid for. Moldy, light shades missing...horrible bed and smell. So back we go down to the lobby. I asked for manager, told him we just wanted a updated, quiet room that was functioning!! Finally got one on the 3rd floor over looking the pool. It was OK and clean and updated but had a view of the staircase.

Pool is on busy road and overlooks parking lot. Not very relaxing. Chairs broken, bar so so.

Have to walk about a mile literally to get wristbands for Atlantis, cant just go to the beach near the CS hotel or the Beach Towers that are close to CS untill you walk through Atlantis then back track. Takes about an hour or more. Steps everywhere so if you have stroller or handicapped would not be a good place to stay.

Beach is right behind the CS but can't access unless walk a mile around the block or through Atlantis since Convention Center is blocking walkway and is fenced in. It looks close to the beach but access is NOT.

Basically if you just want to go to the beach for a bit, or pool at Atlantis it is a HASSLE. Can't just walk downstairs and out.

Ate lunch at CS one day had a comp for the room issues, waited and hour to get a salad and chicken sandwich with only 2 other tables!! Food was poor. If I would have paid for it would not have been happy.

Water pressure has issues, was scolding hot then cold over and over. Couldnt take a shower a few times had to wait.

No balconys.

No food after hours anywhere, we walked back from Casino at 10;30pm everything in Marina Village, Atlantis closed. no room service. We did have some snacks with us. Even the vending machines were not operational!!!!
Food in Atlantis and on Paradise poor and expensive we did not have one good dining experience. Tried the Sunfire Steakhouse, Bimis, Anthonys, about the best meal I had was Wendy's at the airport!! SAD. Even in Nassau poor food...

Pros:

Staff was pretty friendly
Maid service was good, room was cleaned.
If you had a family I guess it might be worth it for access to Atlantis. But be prepared to walk allot and spend about $300 a day for a family of 4 on food. Might want to just spend the money and stay in an all inclusive!!
Close to casino entrance and marina village
Free internet and worked pretty good.

All in all just not a good experience will not go back there or to Atlantis any time soon. Overpriced and accomodations poor at Atlantis and CS. The newer building of Atlantis the Cove is nice but the other regular rooms are outdated.

Room Tip: Request a pool view room on 3rd floor, they were updated and did not smell of mold. We were in 318...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Let me begin by thanking the staff for a great time. From the moment we arrived until we left the staff was great. We had friends staying at Atlantis, and we were offered the same deal without high price. It was easy to get your bracelets everyday to access the park, then the fun began. Not once did we have any issues with our cards getting food, towels, bracelets, etc. while on Atlantis property. The rooms were very clean, and roomy, and just as nice as our friends who stayed at Atlantis beach towers. They are even going to stay at comfort suites next time. Maid service was great, and everyone was very friendly. We stayed 9 days. The day we were leaving they allowed a later check out because transportation issues. WHAT A GREAT TIME. The only negative thing I can say is the breakfast, The eggs were gross, and the milk was warm. We will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We ( me and my husband) traveled to bahamas the last week of January. Stayed seven nights at Comfort Suites. And so happy we did.
    Flew with American airlines, were pleasantly surprised, that each could check one bag for free.
      Booked through cheepcaribbean.com. as a package, all daily fees was included in the price, so no surprises here.
      Taxi from airport to hotel 35$, it took about35min.

Comfort suites hotel really nice,  clean, people who works there so friendly, always says hi, opens the door and similar stuff. Always helps if you need something.
      Asked for microwave in a room,got it right the way.
        Hotel  provided shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, soap, coffee, two cups, two glasses, hair dryer, iron, iron board, no magnifying mirror, but had full size mirror on bathroom door, really appreciated that. Glad I brought my robe, hotel don't provide one.  Bed had 7 pillows, two extra in a closet. Safe 2$ a day. TV had about 40 channels. No balcony, first floor have little patio, but not private, they have doors instead the windows, you can open them and have Romeo balcony, our doors didn't slide right, so stopped using them, didn't ask to repier them too, so no complains, water pressure really low. Temperature gets from warm to hot.Room a little dark, because window going not through all wall. Conditioner worked good, a little loud. You can hear noise from the hallway.
      Free Internet worked good, sometimes a little slow. They gave a password, after I typed it in, didn't need to repeat every day , so not annoying.
         Outlets the same like in USA.
         Breakfast was served  by the pool,  you can sit and eat inside or outside, Breakfast was pretty good, you can't complain when it's free -bagels, waffles:blueberry  plain , cinnamon (eggo brand), muffins, some pastries, cereal ( flakes and cherrios ) not single packs, skim and whole milk in pitchers, oatmeal packets (microwave if you want to make them), hard boil eggs, plain yogurt, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages,  different kind bread, coffee, tea, bananas, apples, oranges. Syrup, jelly. (apple, grape, strawberry), cream cheese, butter.  Every morning could be a little different, flavors or just sausage and et.
      Hotel gives you pink cards, one per person (smart to bring some wide tape, to laminate them) you need to bring them every day to Atlantis   to get brackets, they paper type, so in the evening you can take one off and wait for the morning to get the new one. They do different colors every day.
     We good walkers, so walked  from hotel to bracelet area in no more than 10 min.
       Bracelets lets  you  go  everywhere in Atlantis , except to cain adult pool by Cove and beach, that's only for cove guests, and reef and cove guests have pool just for them, but you can walk around there and  in cove lobby, worth it, really beautiful there.

Atlantis property really amazing , beautiful, clean, their water life breathtaking. In water park you can take as many towels as you want, bathrooms clean, just they have a lot of birds, they getting too crazy in some points,    And they poop of course,so glad I had my water shoes. I did just tube rides, which was fun, some people said, that rapids could be rough in some parts, I survived ,my husband got little scratch on his shoulder, I saw other guy showing his friend cuts from rapids too, so it's can happen.  water shoes helped in rapids, because sides are not smooth rocks. Rapids take maybe 40 min till you get to the same point where you started? You can stay on them all day if you wish, there is one point, were you can choose to stay on rapids, o be lifted for the slides (falls or drop).  They have other lazy river between Beach and Coral towers. That river looked really safe. They have 2 slides which goes through shark tank, if you do tube ride, you go really slow through it, so can watch sharks, other slide without the tube, goes really fast through it. There are other slides, and a lot of pools to choose from. They didn't have long lines for the rides while we were there.
       You can bring food, drinks, nobody checking bags. Park have life guards everywhere, have a nurse, in case you will get hurt, better bring your own bandages in case, and hope that you not going to need them.
      Have lockers for 12, 9, 7 dollars , depends from the size. Never used them.

They have dolphin cay, it is  like little lake, with sand and chairs on one side.  You can swim with Dolphins here, of course cost money, if you just want to lay there , cost 30$, this way you can watch but can't go in water, but they have little sitting area, were you can see dolphins without paying money, so bring binoculars, or good camera lens.
       One day we just laid  by the beach, they have chairs, you can have with roof ones too , all complimentary, but by beach so many people trying to sell you stuff, water, drinks, clothe.
         They were showing    3 free   movies per night, 5pm, (G or PG rated ) 7:15 and after 10 more for adults.  They had maybe 12 different movies while we were there , rotated every night. Inside the theater sold pop corn (4$) , hot dogs, candy drinks. We brought our own, made in hotels microwave.
          Their night club Aura opens Thursday through Saturday, cover charge applies. You can go dance in a bar in casino, people who didn't stay in hotel needed to pay something, we didn't, mixed drinks about 15$.

Didn't see any mosquitoes while we were there.
       Paid everywhere with US dollars.
       Cars drive on opposite side , left side.
        One day we  took local bus number 10 cost only 1.25$ per person, goes from Nassau downtown , had ride to cable beach. they go really often, but no later 6:30, Sunday not often.
       Water ferry was 4$ one way (before was 3,so they gone up), but it's only about 30 min walk, if you not afraid of walking.

Airport.     On arrival everything went fast, maybe 20min (got stamps, found the bags)  and we were out looking for taxi, paid 35$.     Leaving ,I knew that we would go through USA customs, and it was saturday, so we got there early , 3hours before the flight, but it took us only 20 min to get to the gate area. Of course every day could be different.    We checked the bags, went through security , then US customs, they did show on their screen our checked bags pictures, we confirmed that they ours, and that's it. The airport  really nice, clean, have free wifi, places to eat and shops.

We managed to make this trip really cheap, first we got good deal on hotel and flight, we knew that food expensive in Bahamas, so we brought a lot of with us. Like microwave rice, pasta, mac and cheese, snacks, nuts, cookies, candies, popcorn, tuna pouches, peanut butter and jelly, salmon jerky, salad dressing, mayo, taco shells, caned cheese, chili,  pease, some soups. Vine. If any of you decide to do the same, don't forget microwave safe bowl, some utensils, knife ( in checked bag of course), can, vine opener, carryon cups, paper plates, paper towel, sponge, dishwashing soap. A lot of plastic bags. We brought Even water, for first days.
      Went first day to  grocery store- Super Value about 20min walk , walk straight over the left bridge (Atlantis  on your back), store will be on a right side. Prices more expensive, but better than eating out. Bought some salads, vegetables, fruits, drinks, water , hot dogs, cheese, bread, potatoes (so good baked in microwave), chicken nuggets (ate them first night ,because wasn't sure that freezer would work right. We bought a lot of stuff, paid 78$, so really not that bad.
        We saw gallon water in stores close to hotel for very reasonable price. Dollar something. You can always refill your cups or small water bottles to save some money.

So if you think, that you can't afford Atlantis, think twice, just be creative and have fun. We certainly did.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MIAMI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Spend a weekend alone at the Comfort Suites! I love the friendly and accomading staff. My room was beautiful and comfortable. I love the benifit of having access to the Atlantis property attractions and the fact it was a 2 minute walk away!. The breakfast in the morning. Also, although a microwave was not in my room upon my request I got one at no additional charge. The hotel is on Paridise Island where there are beautiful beaches, great entainment,m shopping and food. However, the people and service really made my stay the best! They were so attententive, friendly, fun and on the day I had quiet time I was not distrub!

Room Tip: If you want to avoid walking to the front lobby and have easy access to Atlantis and the activity on...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
comfortsuitespi, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Paradise Island, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks. I will share them with our employees. We are thrilled to note that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards

Been to Comfort Suites Paradise Island? Share your experiences!