“Comfortable...Affordable...Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Paradise Island
New York City, New York
“Comfortable...Affordable...Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is my first time at Comfort Suites on PI. For some reason I always stayed away. I just found it more convenient to stay on Cable Beach. But because of my last experience at the Sheraton and the construction taking place on Cable Beach I've decided to give PI (Paradise Island) a try. Check-in was professional and efficient. Adequately sized, clean and comfortable rooms. The front desk staff informed me that I could have a room on the other side of the hotel if I did not want my first floor room (foot traffic/noise). I chose the first floor room, as a little noise does not/did not bother me. And the room location made it easier to cross over to Atlantis. As the entire purpose of this trip was to allow my daughter to have her own vacation at Atlantis.
The room was clean. I thought that the entire hotel was a non-smoking hotel but I smelled a faint hint of cigarette smoke in the hallway. There may have been a guest that was ignoring the "NO SMOKING" signs posted. The size of the room was adequate for my 12 year old daughter and myself. I checked out the room before I got comfortable, it was clean. I had a horrible experience at the Sheraton on Cable Beach in August!
The price/value of the hotel (for The Bahamas) is good, especially with access to Atlantis activities. A quick walk to the casino and activities at Atlantis. But remember, a lot of the activities at Atlantis still come with a fee, ie. the children's activities (Crush, Rush, AKA, Karaoke). But the movies are free!
The room rate includes breakfast every morning. Decent selections. Cereals, fruit, toast, muffins, bagels, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, OJ, coffee, tea, etc. One qualm. I asked if the sausage was turkey, pork or beef. I was told they were beef, but I took one bite and knew that they were pork(sorry to you pork eaters but YUCK!).
For travelers that plan to see all of Nassau, staying on Paradise Island is a bit, lets say inconvenient. There is a ferry that you have to take from PI to downtown. Then you can take a bus or taxi to where ever else you need to go. I've never taken the ferry (I have family on the island). You can also walk over the PI bridge. I guess it would be good exercise. But if you just want to do the "tourist/resort" thing, staying on PI will work. There are enough activities, restaurants, excursions, etc. to keep you occupied.
There are refrigerators in the rooms. Very helpful for families w small children, leftovers...And there's a microwave in the breakfast area.

Room Tip: If you plan to go to Atlantis a lot let the check-in staff know so they put you on the side of the h...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
Monroe, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was our first time at the Comfort Suites, Paradise Island. I traveled with my 2 adult children and husband. We had adjoining suites, just as we asked. The welcome was very friendly and efficient. Breakfast was suficiant and plentiful, variety of cereal, eggs, yogurt and fruits. Waffles and muffins.

I chose this hotel because it was 'connected' to the Atlantis. We had FULL access to the Atlantis and it's amenities. I did not give this an EXCELLENT review because every time we(I) would walk through the lobby, someone would try to get you to go listen to a 'sell' for time-sharing. It got a little too much after a while. Otherwise the trip and the hotel was great. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, budget or not.

Room Tip: I would say if you can, stay on the pool side it's closer to the exit to the Atlantis.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We usually stay at Atlantis but our stay at Comfort Suites worked out great for our family of 6 adults during 12/25-12/31/12. Check in/ out was quick and effecient . While they don't offer a gourmet breakfast it appeared that most of the guests take advantage of the free offering , just get there before 9 am, it does get very crowded. The rooms are well kept and cleaned daily. Free wi fi saved us $$ . A short walk to Atlantis was no big deal. Staying at CS made it possible for us to enjoy family time during the holidays. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Clean and comfortable rooms. A quick walk to the casino at Atlantis. The room includes breakfast every morning. The access to the facilities at Atlantis make it a perfectly priced place to stay. The staff was great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

If you're looking for a place to stay that's affordable with free access to the facilities at Atlantis, the Comfort Suites is for you! At the right times, the cost to stay at the Comfort Suites is significantly lower than that of the Atlantis resorts. Not only is the price cheaper, but internet and breakfast is included. The breakfast was alright, but be sure to arrive early! They pretty much stop restocking the hot food 15 minutes before closing. However, the fees at Comfort Suites is pretty expensive, so don't forget to factor that into the costs. Nevertheless, staying at the Comfort Suites is a much better value if you don't mind staying in a less grand hotel than Atlantis.

The room I stayed in was clean and spacious; it was the two double bed suite. Front desk was very nice to us as they upgraded us from the king suite to the double suite. All that mattered to us was that it was clean, spacious, and comfortable.

Overall, the Comfort Suites at Paradise Island was a great place to stay. I praise it highly due to its value. Having free entry to Atlantis was all it took to get me to stay here.

Aylmer, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We have stayed at the Comfort Suites several times and each experience has been exceptional. The staff is amazing and friendly and the rooms are large and very clean.
Best place on Paradise Island! The included breakfasts are exceptional and when you want to relax from the frenzy of the Atlantis, the pool area is an oasis.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but I would recommend pool view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Swansea, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My family of four (2 adults, 2 children ages 10 & 13) stayed at the CSPI November 16th-23rd. The main reason for our visit was Atlantis. I was wary of both this vacation & this property after reading so many negative reviews. I will say that if you go into this hotel & destination with the correct expectations then you really can't go wrong.

The best service we received anywhere for the entire vacation was at the hotel. From the front desk, to the maids, to the bartenders we never came across anyone who wasn't friendly and helpful at the hotel. The room was always clean and the size of our room was perfect for our family of four for the week. The daily breakfast was a plus ( & huge money saver!) and we found the selection offered enough variety to satisfy our tastes.

The location was so convenient for visiting Atlantis daily - literally a five minute walk to get our bracelets and never more than a five minute there. Atlantis is amazing and my daughter in the end said it was even better than Disney! The sea was too rough to safely enjoy the beach but we were able to visit the Cove Beach and swim there since it's more protected than the other beach areas. Bring you snorkel equipment- pretty decent snorkeling right at the Cove Beach. The sea life is incredible throughout Atlantis!

The lunches poolside in Atlantis are very reasonable (approx. $15pp) and offer more than enough to fill you. Dinners were just ok. We were on a budget so we ate at places like Johnny Rockets, Marina Pizza, and The Green Parrot (down by the bridge). The best dinners we had were at a nearby restaurant called Viola's which is located at the Sunrise Villas. An easy 10 minute walk and friendly service/ great food.

Yes - Paradise Island IS expensive and the 15% gratuity is automatically added onto everything! But if you go in knowing this you can safely set and stay within a budget. Staying at the CSPI saved us a ton of money and we didn't feel like we missed out on anything by not staying at one of the resorts in Atlantis. It is not a five star luxury property it's a Comfort Suites. If you've stayed at any 3 star hotels here in the US it's no different.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
Atlantis Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis Beach Tower, Autograph ...
#13 of 15 in Paradise Island
3.5 of 5 stars 2,949 reviews
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
#12 of 15 in Paradise Island
3.5 of 5 stars 3,631 reviews
Atlantis Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis Coral Towers, Autograph...
#11 of 15 in Paradise Island
4.0 of 5 stars 1,769 reviews

Been to Comfort Suites Paradise Island? Share your experiences!