“Nice staff” 5 of 5 stars

Paradise Beach Drive, New Providence Island   |
Costa Mesa, California
“Nice staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I actually stayed at the Atlantis resort across the brige but was looking for a place to do my laundry. I ran inot Eury and she offered to drive me to the laundromat. Cool! She told me about their presentation but I never had time to do it while I was there so I'm not sure how that works but I know Eury is the best and went out of her way to help me!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Nashville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were given this trip as a gift for our honeymoon. First, I have to say our view is slanted by the fact that it rained the entire time we were there. Had we been able to spend every day at the beach instead of the room, it might not have seemed so bad. There was major flooding on the island and some flooding in hotel lobby. We were sold an activity package, all of which were cancelled, so we couldn't use the package. The first room we were in needed major updates, pest control, and a toilet that would flush properly. They are doing construction/remodeling (basically gutting each room) that required jackhammering which we could hear directly below us. We requested an updated room and got one, but it was nothing like the updated rooms they showed us in the sales pitch to buy into the timeshare. The staff was friendly and the service we got was good. We had a dinner in the restaurant on the property which was very good with superb wait staff. The TV didn't work most of the time even though there was no lightening or thunder, just rain. We watched 2 DVDs we had brought on our computer. There is also no wifi in the room, though we were told that you could purchase wifi before we went. They do have a computer in the lobby that you can use for checking email, etc. If you are in the Bahamas when it rains, you don't have much else to do unless you like to gamble, then you'll be all set at Atlantis. But for 6 days, it's a little tough. We did find a fun restaurant on the water called Señor Frogs that had great food and fun atmosphere, and we found a movie theater and went to a movie there. A harbor view is a definite MUST. The huge yachts that come in and out are fascinating to watch.

Room Tip: Harbor View is a definite must.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Ok first let me just say I am a Bahamian! I lived in the Bahamas half my life so when me and a few friends needed a place to go for spring break I was more then happy that they agreed to come... But man this was not a good look at all!!!... The place smelled the hall way looked like it needed some serious work the room was so old that we just knew bugs were all around us.. We couldn't get wifi on our room because all the boats behind us would knock out the signal... The people who were staying next to us I swear to god they lived there!!... They knew our every move which was creepy as hell!...I swear on life the clean lady didn't change our sheets not once and we were there for a week!! So look If your young and wanna enjoy yourself don't stay here!.. If your old and looking for a place to live go ahead!.. The best thing about this place was their staff!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We (2 of us) stay at Club Landor for a week almost every year. I think this was my eighth trip. I'm not an uptight traveler, I like to relax, have fun and not be overwhelmed. Club Landor is perfect for us. I've stayed at high class hotels also (check out my Hotel du Louvre review), but this is a couples/family friendly resort.
The rooms are what I would call quaint. They have a bedroom area, small kitchen, small bathroom and livingroom/dining room area. They have been remodeling some of their rooms. We usually upgrade to a marina view (definately recommend this). I enjoy watching the multi-million dollar yachts come and go.
This year we went first week of August. This is my pick for best time. It gets hot, but for me if I'm at a beach location that's what I want. Ocean water temperature is perfect (mid 80's).
If this is your first time, try some of the activities that Club Landor offers for a nominal fee. I like the Tuesday Rose Island trip because I bought a new underwater camera and wanted to try it out snorkeling. The Sunday night luau barbeque is nice too.
The location is fantastic, an enjoyable stroll around the marina to the Atlantis casino / beach. Shopping is available in and around the marina village or a short water taxi ride to the straw market. You can enjoy the casino and beach and then retire for the night away from the hustle and bustle of the mega Atlantis resort at a far less price.

I have only two minor issues with Club Landor:
First one is the size of the TV in the bedroom area (extremely small). I know "what are you doing watching TV on vacation in the Bahamas". But I like to relax after a day at the beach / night at the casino by watching some TV before falling asleep.

Second is lack of 24 hour room service or food options. The pool bar (which has great Tony burgers) closes around 11pm and a typical evening of gambling ends close to midnight or later for us so as far as ordering food we're out of luck. The units do have a kitchen but sometimes you just want someone else to do the cooking.

I look forward to coming back to Club Landor / Bahamas year after year. Affordable rates, great weather, beautifull ocean, quick non-stop flights from East Coast.

Boomer

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have stayed at Club Land'or twice in the last 10 years. Most of the staff did not change from 10 years ago. The people are friendly, the rooms are clean and have good space, and the location is nice (just across the marina from the Atlantis). The pool is a little small, but was just the right size for my kids to enjoy themselves. The restaurant on site is top notch and the prices are reasonable. This facility is a great alternative to Atlantis. You have access to the Atlantis beach, "The Dig", casino, and shopping but can retire to your quite place when worn out. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We've been here several times before, and always love the staff and the quietness of the resort. Sure, it might need to be updated a little, but that doesn't mean that you can't have a great vacation here. The Atlantis is right next door for your Casino and entertainment, and the boutiques along the Marina provide great shopping. The Blue Lagoon on the third floor is wonderful food! Can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: Love the rooms that look out over the Marina.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Mississauga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I were at Landor in November and we saw a lot of renovations going on. In the one week we stayed there we saw a cleanup of the grounds, rooms being renovated and some fresh painting going on.

The staff if amazing and very friendly from the bar staff to the front desk right on down to the housekeeping services.

Our only dissappointment was a broken hot tub and freezing pool.

But all together we enjoyed our time at Landor and it was a very relaxing week and a great view from our balcony of the yatchs in the marina.

Room Tip: As for a marina view room the view is amazing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Landor1, Manager at Club Land'or Resort, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for you kind words concerning your recent visit to Club Land'or! Our staff will certainly be made aware of your comments. Yes, we are in the midst of major onsite renovations (including the introduction of two and three bedroom villas that will provide space for extended families traveling together) . We apologize for the freezing pool...we honestly don't hear that much as we are located in a tropical locale! Your mention of the hot tub was passed on to the appropriate personnel; we thank you for bringing that to our attention. We look forward to seeing you next year at the new Club Land'or!

Been to Club Land'or Resort? Share your experiences!