We (2 of us) stay at Club Landor for a week almost every year. I think this was my eighth trip. I'm not an uptight traveler, I like to relax, have fun and not be overwhelmed. Club Landor is perfect for us. I've stayed at high class hotels also (check out my Hotel du Louvre review), but this is a couples/family friendly resort.
The rooms are what I would call quaint. They have a bedroom area, small kitchen, small bathroom and livingroom/dining room area. They have been remodeling some of their rooms. We usually upgrade to a marina view (definately recommend this). I enjoy watching the multi-million dollar yachts come and go.
This year we went first week of August. This is my pick for best time. It gets hot, but for me if I'm at a beach location that's what I want. Ocean water temperature is perfect (mid 80's).
If this is your first time, try some of the activities that Club Landor offers for a nominal fee. I like the Tuesday Rose Island trip because I bought a new underwater camera and wanted to try it out snorkeling. The Sunday night luau barbeque is nice too.
The location is fantastic, an enjoyable stroll around the marina to the Atlantis casino / beach. Shopping is available in and around the marina village or a short water taxi ride to the straw market. You can enjoy the casino and beach and then retire for the night away from the hustle and bustle of the mega Atlantis resort at a far less price.
I have only two minor issues with Club Landor:
First one is the size of the TV in the bedroom area (extremely small). I know "what are you doing watching TV on vacation in the Bahamas". But I like to relax after a day at the beach / night at the casino by watching some TV before falling asleep.
Second is lack of 24 hour room service or food options. The pool bar (which has great Tony burgers) closes around 11pm and a typical evening of gambling ends close to midnight or later for us so as far as ordering food we're out of luck. The units do have a kitchen but sometimes you just want someone else to do the cooking.
I look forward to coming back to Club Landor / Bahamas year after year. Affordable rates, great weather, beautifull ocean, quick non-stop flights from East Coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated on the spectacular Atlantis Marina in one of the world’s most sought-after vacation destinations (Paradise Island, Nassau, Bahamas), Club Land’or features beautifully-appointed villas that will accommodate up to four guests and is easily accessible to gourmet restaurants, world-class shopping, the Atlantis Casino (the Caribbean’s largest and most elegant), live entertainment, water sports and more. Celebrities, sports figures and “regular people” agree that there’s no place quite like magical Paradise Island, so join us at Club Land’or … under the stars with the stars!Club Land’or offers a wide variety of unique amenities including: Several complimentary activities, such as Family Bingo with prizes, Family Movie Night with favors, Saturday Bahamian Fashion Show with prizes, and Manager’s Friday Welcome Party with hors d’oeuvres Complimentary entertainment nightly in the Oasis Lounge (except Sunday) Complimentary daily housekeeping (offered only at Club Land’or!) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Club Land'or Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Land`Or Hotel Paradise Island
- Club Landor
- Club Land'Or Resort Bahamas/Paradise Island