“"Are they still open?"” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Club Land'or Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paradise Island
Club Land'or Resort
You added Club Land'or Resort to your Saves list
Paradise Beach Drive, New Providence Island   |
Special Offer
$200 - $350 Room Credit
Hopewell, Virginia
“"Are they still open?"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

The above quote was given to our cab driver when we tried to get on the property at The Ocean Club Golf Course and the gate lady asked where we were staying. Yes the place still looks the same as it did in the 80's. it was clean with daily maid service(for $7.80) but that is all the good I can come up with. It did not even offer shampoo to its guests and when I tried to buy some at the gift shop no one knew when or if it would open. It did not for two days, though the sign on the door said be back at 9:30am( in all fairness it did not say which day). We owned a timeshare here since the 80's , but had not been back for a number of years. It still looked the same only older and very run down. Club Land'Or has certainly seen better days

• Stayed November 2012
Landor1, Manager at Club Land'or Resort, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for your review and we appreciate you staying with us at Club Land'or. The resort is in the midst of major renovations, including the introduction of two and three bedroom villas (with three baths). The villa may be used as a lockout, allowing the member to use the one bedroom studio version and trade the two bedroom version through our exchange system. Our Blue Lagoon Restaurant, Oasis Lounge and other areas of the resort sport a fresh new look as well. We would love for you to come back in 2013 and witness our updates for yourself. Also, maid service is complimentary (no charge). The onsite sundry store (as with most Caribbean resorts that have them) is open for shorter periods during the months of September - October.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed here from the 1st to the 4th of Sept 2012, The staff were very hospitable and eager to help us with any bookings for any activities we were interested in. The service was great.

The hotel is under new management and there are alot of construction/refubishing going on, theyre basically tearing down the old rooms and redoing them from scratch. there was alot of banging going on but I was pretty excited to see this beacuse I know it will be fantastic when its finished.
The rooms are old and are pretty much run down but every hotel has its days. thats why theyre redoing all the rooms. We didnt use anything in the room except the bed, the toilet and the tv so it really didnt bother us at all.

They had alot of activities for the guest to participate in while we were there, dinner buffets, bbqs and a day trip to Rose island which included a lunch buffet but unforunatly we missed out as we were leaving that day :(

Club land'or is just opposite the Royal towers Atlantis and if you walk out the back to the Marina, you can access the casino from there. just a 1 min walk. Atlantis Marina Village is also back there too, which has Starbucks, quiznos and other bars and restaurants. they also have live entertainment on sat sun nights..

We loved staying here, there is alot going on but the staff are great. we will come back and were excited to see and stay in the new fefurbished rooms.

if you are a type of person who complains about every little thing, dont stay here before the refurbsihing is done but if youre only staying here for the bed and arent gonna be staying indoors much, this is the place. youll love the staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Eugene
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Writing this from the hotel. We had a great time and the people here asre soo friendly. We met several other guests who have been members here forever and keep coming back. We hate to go home after such a nice week, but it's raining for the first time! The groupon deal was reallynworth it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Landor1, Manager at Club Land'or Resort, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for your kind words and we are truly happy that you enjoyed your time with us! With an intimate setting such as ours, it's easy to get to know your neighbors (if you so desire). We have several members who coordinate their annual trip to the resort and have a great time relaxing and enjoying the beautiful tropical weather together. We are also pleased that you saw value in your Groupon promotion and invite you to return soon!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This place was the most horrible hotel I stayed at!!! The tub was dirty!!!! Had a mole inside!! My cousin caught a ring worm on her foot from the dirty bathroom! The bed sheets were full of lints!!!! Couldn't sleep properly! The bolconly door opens when it felt like and when it did the floor would be wet from the ac. The t.vs were super tiny and old!!! The big back t.v!!! The workers were annoying , kept asking what time my guest were leaving ect... Al was the only nice one!! This place was just horrible I won't ever go back there

• Stayed July 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

After a much needed vacation and celebration for our 5 th wedding anniversary we were blessed to have my fathers wife offer her time share. She carries a platinum level allowing exchanges and pays a pretty penny annually. Thanks to this we were able to have a fantastic week long tropical vacation for the price of airfare and food.

Until we walked in. Our room was above the kitchen, not only smelling of grease but with a thick layer on the walls and furniture. The one wall a/c unit was falling out of the wall. The sliding glass door didn't work. The shower was like stepping into a grave. This was in addition to a "sofa bed" that didn't even work as a sofa, a torn mattress that could barely hold two with sandpaper sheets and bugs abound. We were expecting a nice holiday inn style, nothing Atlantis but clean comfortable and well maintained. We called downstairs demanding our prepurchased drink packages (another ripp off) and made reservations for that moment at Atlantis. Does landor have any desire to make up the over $10k extra we had to spend? Because they obviously aren't spending it on bettering the property for those using it or those like my poor step mother paying a fortune annually to receive accomodations that really should be condemned.

• Stayed May 2012
Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

A friend of mind referred me to Club Land-or stating that is was a nice vacation spot. Upon arrival i was welcomed by staff in a nice friendly manner. The rooms were satisfactory and staff were very courteous. Overall, I enjoyed my stay there and will return again next year! I am glad that I listen to my friend!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Kingsville, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I was there in March 2011.

Ok - I knew what I was getting into when I swapped my timeshare here. I read the reviews and knew the place was only so nice. I didn't figure I would be spending much time there anyway. Thank goodness I wasn't. I knew about the extra fees and the fact that Club Land charges more than the actual tourist tax (which really does exist in the Bahamas). I was still disappointed. I won't say I didn't have fun but it was mostly despite being at Club Land rather than because I was there. Thank goodness Atlantis is so close because its amenities are far nicer. The wrist band I bought was worth it to use their facilities. There were still a couple people on the resort that didn't have their wrist bands honoured (and to their credit Club Land refunded their bracelet cost).

This place was probably something once upon a time. You can see it in the design - but you can only paint an old resort so many times before it is just an old painted resort (and barely a resort at that). From what I was told, and who knows what is true, Club Land has just been waiting for Atlantis to finally pay the price it wants for this parcel of land that would fit in with Atlantis so well. As a result there has been very little investment and it shows sorely.

I purchased the meal package as I wasn't sure what my options would be once I got there. Not that the food was bad - it was quite good actually, but it was a mistake. Very over priced and there were so many close amenities that I could have eaten for a fraction of the cost anywhere. I still found it interesting, that despite the cost, they still doled out muffins very carefully in the morning. One per person. I showed up without my wife one morning and they though she was still coming. They actually tried to charge me extra for not having her breakfast ticket with me even though I didn't eat her food and I didn't ask for it. I complained mildly and they forgave it, but why even worry about a muffin and cup of coffee in the first place. They might want to see how the super 8 serves its continental breakfast!

Some of the planned trips (for extra fee) were good. We had fun on the snorkeling trip and they certainly were NOT stingy with food or alcohol there. That was a fun day (at least the part I remember)..

This place just isn't worth it. It is old (it WAS clean), dank and you really don't want to stay in your room. The plastic balcony furniture probably came from the supermarket. The pool is small and was in poor repair - it was only available and handful of the days we were there. The hot tub was in better shape but quite small. The outdoor restaurant had poor selection (unless you like burgers only), was over priced, and not always too friendly. I suspect the front desk staff is used to being abused as they were always quite defensive whenever I asked anything. I did need to use their tiny tuck shop one night after it closed and they were more than friendly about opening it up and letting me make a purchase. The nighttime show was entertaining and everyone was quite nice. The other guests were friendly but all mostly disappointed in their surroundings. One lady we were hanging with was actually an timeshare owner at that resort and she complained throughout the week about the shape of the place. They take extra fees for repairs from her after every major storm but she claims to never have seen any major improvements.

I can't, in good faith, really recommend this place to anyone. The fees are high, the service mediocre, the facilities beyond dated and old, and there are just too many other places to stay. I feel bad with this review - the cleaning staff did their best and were nice. There were no bugs. The room safe fouled up and they did not charge us for the reset - I guess this happens often. The alarm clock was broken. The bathroom was sort of moldy and the ceiling had been covered with vented vinyl soffit, the kind you use under the eaves of your house to allow airflow into your attic.

It keeps a no noise policy after 10pm which is good or bad depending on what you desire. It isn't a student/March break resort so you are safe from that.

Sammy the cab driver was AWESOME. Make sure you meet up with him - he'll show you around well.

Room Tip: Find another resort.