I have conflicted feelings about this hotel. The bed was comfortable, the "room" (which was actually a cottage) was clean and very large. It included a bedroom with TV and sliding glass door onto a little private yard, outdoor furniture, a full sized kitchen, bathroom with tub, and living room with sofa, chair, dining set and another TV; and ceiling fans in each room.The other plus points included free parking, cable TV, a small safe, several nice (small) swimming pools, nicely landscaped gardens, a laundry facility, and a small children's play area. Additionally, you can walk to Atlantis, Cabbage Beach, and a shopping mall with a pharmacy and convenience store, restaurant and Dunkin Donuts, and the area seems relatively safe (though, like anywhere, you need to be aware and alert.) I also felt a bit nervous about the safety of having the sliding glass door backing up to a private yard because I didn't see any security guards save for the guy sitting up at the front desk. Now for the negatives: they charge you for phone calls (even local ones), there was no easy way to get luggage to your room (stairs,stairs,stairs), there's no wi fi Internet in the rooms (there is wi fi in the office and by the pools), no bottled water in the room (and nowhere on property to buy any) and they did not provide some relatively basic things like dish soap, coffee, salt & pepper, etc. I also had a constant fight with (I assume) the cleaning people about having the air conditioner on. There was a mosquito problem even in the room and I would leave the A/C running in part to try and thwart the mosquitos, and I would come home and the HVAC would be switched off and turned to " fan" which i wouldn't notice until i woke up in the middle of the night sweating. that was annoying. Also there were a couple of very large bugs like a beetle which snuck its way in as well, because there was quite a big crack under the front door. So, not a super luxurious feeling. Only one out of the two windows had window screens. And just some basic stuff that they could improve on.... like they have a laundry room but do not sell or provide soap, they have a bar/restaurant but it is not open for dinner, etc. There are also two parrots in sort of a small cage which I found a little depressing; it would have been nice to see them in a flight cage instead, but at least they are obviously well looked after.
All in all, an ok stay - not terrible, but not amazing either. It was fine. Would I recommend it? Yes, I would, especially if you are a family or are here for a longer amount of time and/or have a rental car and are looking for a base from which to explore the island. I have a toddler and we had a rental car which is why I chose the place and it worked well for us. Lots of room, both in the unit and on the grounds, it was quiet and private and the workers and other guests were all friendly and nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Paradise Island is the ultimate getaway for budget-savvy travelers who want luxurious accommodations in the tropics without the hefty price tag. Your Best Western Bahamas has everything you need for the vacation of a lifetime. All rooms are spacious one-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens, so you can stay in paradise as long as you'd like. We happily accommodate groups and larger families. You'll have plenty of room to stretch out and relax. Within walking distance of the Atlantis Paradise Island Resort & Casino, BEST WESTERN Bay View Suites, Bahamas/Nassau is conveniently close to everything. Enjoy the best Paradise Island deals around when you stay with us. We're only minutes from historic downtown Nassau, so shopping, dining and sightseeing is walkable. Spend your days visiting popular attractions, beach bumming or of course relaxing in your suite. A tropical escape on Paradise Island in Nassau, the Bahamas, our property is designed with your comfort in mind. Whether you're here for the history and culture or the beaches and water sports, you'll find everything you need moments away. Resorts in Paradise Island are known for their hospitality, but we take it a step further here. Our friendly staff members are fully committed to making your stay as enjoyable as possible. We also welcome travelers on business for finance, tourism and insurance at our Paradise Island hotel. Luxurious bedding, quiet accommodations and the best service in town are our trademark. Can we do anything more to make your stay even more enjoyable? Ask one of our staff members, and we'll go above and beyond to take care of you. Book your oversized suite at BEST WESTERN Bay View Suites today and start packing your swimsuits! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Bay View Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Bay View Hotel Paradise Island
- Best Western Paradise Island
- Paradise Island Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Bay View Suites Bahamas/Paradise Island