“Beautiful getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paradise Island
Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat
You added Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat to your Saves list
Paradise Island | PO Box N7550, 4777, New Providence Island   |
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Paradise Island
Belleville, New Jersey
“Beautiful getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

What a fantastic spot, and a great contrast to the craziness of nearby Atlantis. Location is simply breathtaking. I do not have a strict yoga practice, but was still able to keep up with the class. They build in a lot of resting in between poses, which is how it's supposed to be practiced. I would have liked to have seen a bit more on the meditation end instead of the chanting, but I know that is a personal preference. Accommodations were great. We were in a beachfront deluxe room, which was perfect. The talks and workshops were a bit mixed; some were fantastic, others were a bit difficult to hear because of either noise/volume issues or language barriers. It's not as strict as some other ashrams as I've visited, but it's all about listening to your body and respecting what it needs anyway. Overall a great and beautiful getaway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Belleville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have been visiting this Yoga retreat for over twenty years. While I do not follow a regular Yoga practice, I have always have a regenerating and relaxing experience. I am pleased and impressed that it has retained its charm, notwithstanding the overwhelming challenges of our rapidly changing world. I have always gone alone, as do most, and met nice and interesting people during my (approx. 20) stays. By some standards it might be regarded as rough, but its simplicity and 'down-to-earth ambience contributes to its natural beauty and peacefulness. Be prepared to leave cars, phones, and the bustling world behind.

Room Tip: The huts on the fabulous beach are great. However, my advice is to take whatever you are given, and...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dieppe, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This place was an amazing yoga experience! We had the deluxe accommodation on the beach front and it was just perfect in every way. Clean, comfortable, air conditioned room. The food was good, especially the home made bread, and menu changes every day! Don't forget your bottle of water, you will need it! We will certainly go back! Nathalie B.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I did the TTC, its an amazing experience. Although it is no walk in the park. Go in knowing that the first two weeks are the hardest but once you pass that you realise what a great place it is! And guarantee you will meet great people.

• Stayed June 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Wow.

These two programs that I had the pleasure of participating changed my life! And I don't mean to say that in a frou-frou cliche manner, but it you are thinking about igniting a shift in the way you live your life, on a CELLULAR level, I would absolutely suggest either or even both of these programs. Manu Dawson is well-versed of virtually every malady that upsets a human body and has the holistic knowledge and patience to answer every question. Grace Van Berkum is behind the scenes preparing the food and juices and each one is delicious (and nutritious). The Raw Food Living Retreat is a 3-day hands-on affair, where she leads a lecture first and then everyone is able to prepare meals, learn about leading a healthy lifestyle.

Grace is truly an inspiration in her knowledge and story. The passion she has demonstrating and talking about health is contagious and makes you want to instantly jump on the bandwagon. She is a living example of taking control of your life and making the most of it. And the food we made was DELICIOUS! Everything was simple and easy to make from snazzy protein drinks to chocolate truffles, and even in my busy schedule I am able to prepare meals and keep up with what I learned.

Jai to these leaders and I'm telling you these programs will profoundly change your life. Are you ready?
Visited May 2014

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I was fortunate enough to do something out of the ordinary and book holiday at the Sivananda Ashram in the Bahamas. I have never been to an Ashram and was basically a beginner at yoga. My one week stay turned into two, and then into three weeks, and I became immersed in the culture and practice of yoga. I have leaned more about whats important in my life and about myself during those three weeks than at any other point in my life. It has changed my life forever. Amrita, a young and beautiful soul was one of my teachers throughout my stay and through her teachings and guidance I blossomed most. She taught me so much about yoga; meditation, breathing, posture, form, the mind and self love that I cannot begin to explain how that has transformed my life so far. I am eternally grateful for her knowledge, kindness and her spirit that guiding me through the most important and transformational times in my life. I wish you all the very best Amrita with your own practice, Nectar Yoga. Om Shanti.

I also want to thank Swami Sita, Alden, Kaliyani, Kumari and all the other instructors and wonderful teachers that I was blessed to be with. Om Shanti.

Like I said, if you want to change your life, just go.

Room Tip: Tent Huts are best for keeping to the basics
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Granada, Nicaragua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I originally planned to go to the Sivananda Ashram for a yoga vacation, but signed up immediately for Grace Van Berkum's Raw Food Retreat after I listened to her give a speech on the health benefits of a plant based diet. The ashram is a beautiful, special place where I could relax, practice yoga two times a day. What a delight when I found out I would be feasting on Grace's delicious healthy, raw recipes and practicing in the kitchen during my vacation. The course was practical and ideal for busy people like me, who want to eat healthy but don't have a lot of time on hand. Grace was wonderful and shared all of her amazing nutrition information with us, and most of all she encouraged us to have fun! Thank you for teaching us from the heart and sharing your passion with us, it changed my life :) Eloisa

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
#2 of 15 in Paradise Island
4.0 of 5 stars 599 reviews
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Been to Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat? Share your experiences!