“Beautiful and Peaceful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paradise Island
Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat
You added Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat to your Saves list
Paradise Island | PO Box N7550, 4777, New Providence Island   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Oakville, Canada
“Beautiful and Peaceful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Myself and 2 others went there for a 5 day yoga vacation. We were worried at first that there are only 2 meals a day and the first is not until 10am, but you are kept so busy you don't even notice. We did pack protein bars, and walked down to Atlantis for lattes twice. Getting up at 5:30 am was a bit rough at first, but by the 2nd day we were all eager to get to the meditations and chanting. The dorm rooms are extremely basic, the mattresses are thin and the beds are too small, my friend is 5'11" and her feet hung off the end. But I guess we were so exhausted from all the yoga and walking on the beautiful pristine beach that when we hit the bed we were out. Will definitely be back. Nassau itself was a complete disappointment, dirty, polluted, and the locals were extremely rude - I thought Jamaicans were bad... The guy checking us in at the airport was yelling at us like a drill sergeant - all I can say is that he is lucky we were so chilled from our yoga vacation otherwise we would have tore a strip off him.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, upgrade to beach double. I heard they even have fridges.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I came to the ashram for Teachers Training Course, and loved it so much that I stayed an extra week after course graduation to enjoy all that the ashram has to offer.
Beautiful beaches, lots of activities throughout the day (yoga classes, lectures, workshop, concerts etc), delicious food (vegetarian) and most important (to me) - lovely and accommodating staff.

Another important thing is that smoking and consuming alcohol is prohibited. They have some more regulations so check it out before. Personally I think its a great way of stop smoking ;)

Its a good place to relax and meet beautiful people !

Enjoy!!!!

Room Tip: In regards of accommodation - they have various types of rooms and huts so check it out before you c...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The TTC was an experience of a lifetime. It surpassed my expectations. It was challenging mentally and physically. The teachers and lecturers were excellent. I received an A+ education. My concerns and questions were addressed immediately. I am proud to say I graduated from the course. It showed me what I was actually made of.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat on Paradise Island will forever feel like my soul's home. After 5 weeks... 4 weeks in the April 2013 TTC program and a week as a guest....my body, mind and soul has never felt clearer, calmer, happier or more settled. This is a place that, if you allow it, can introduce you to your true self. They make the space and create the space for YOU to thrive. Not only was the teacher training program full of wonderful people from all over the world, but I was also exposed to a very high caliber of speakers twice a day, experts in a range of fields from all over the world. The teachers and staff could not be of better integrity and quality... they are pure, skilled and there to ensure your experience is as it should be. I love this place. And I can't wait to go back hOMe. I highly recommend going and enrolling in a program... even if it is just a weekend class or 4-5 day program... it is a place to learn and relax and come hOMe!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Received false pieces of information about the place via phone while requesting a months reservation. No one was friendly or even spoke to me during meal time! Was asked to leave within a few hours with no place to go or way to get there because I could not attend ALL sessions though I was very honest and up front when I called.

Peaceful? What a joke.

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I did the teacher training course in May 2013. My teachers were amazing and lovely people. My classmates were from many countries and different level of age and knowledge. We were a strong group and we all passed! We simply had one of the best times in our lifes! It is hard, it is exhausting, it is a challenge - to your body and your mind! But it is a great gift to yourself! Being with yoga and the ocean, going for a swim, enjoying this place every single moment - that's how the days passed.

• Stayed May 2013
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I read ALL the trip advisor reviews before deciding on coming here. Some said its "life changing", some had other opinions. So you have to know that I do not use the word "life changing" easily. To me, it sounds like a bunch of new age people that have not experienced much in life to say such a thing.

Let me tell you...it has been life changing.

OK lets get this right. The TTC (Teacher Training Certification) schedule and Karma Yoga (selfless service) is intense and crazy...it actually breaks you down. That, to me is the only way one allows for this amount of development to occur in 30 days. Its not about touching your toes but what you learn on your way down.

The location is pristine and stunning on the beach. I wanted to soak it all in from all the teachers we had the pleasure to learn from (Swami Brahmananda, Shankar, Saraswati, Krishna Das, Lalita Devi, Surya, Savithri...various speakers from both academic/scientific side and spiritual leaders) all a class act.

Yoga to me is so much more than asanas we know in the west. I just didn't comprehend the extent of it all until I experienced it. My own practice and how I teach now has fundamentally changed now...and people pick it up.

If you are considering the 200 Hour Yoga TTC program OR desire time to connect with your soul/heart/dreams, do yourself a favor and just go. You may not have much to show externally because all the shifts happen internally, but you'll be so glad you made this decision.

Most vacations I used to go on, I needed a vacation after coming from them. This one fills you. No other way to say it. TTC was a byproduct of receiving something incredibly larger than that certificate.

Thank you to all the people at Sivananda Ashram for this "life changing" experience!

Room Tip: I chose the dorm option that had AC and got very lucky with my 2 room mates. Rain season starts aro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat? Share your experiences!