“Teacher Training Course-My journey back to loving myself” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paradise Island
Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat
Save Saved
You added Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat to your Saves list
Paradise Island | PO Box N7550, 4777, New Providence Island   |
Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Paradise Island
Princeton, New Jersey
“Teacher Training Course-My journey back to loving myself”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The Teacher Training Course (TTC) was one of the more vigorous, tiring, and gratifying experiences of my life. I learned more about myself in this one month than in my many years of schooling, and was able to reconnect with my spirituality in a way I didn't even realize was necessary. I was becoming a typical overly-driven, cynical student and this experience truly opened me back up again not just to the people around me but it also allowed me to truly remember what it means to love myself.
This course is definitely not easy and not a leisurely month-long vacation, but it gave me much more than a vacation ever could. I think everyone could use more of this kind of experience in his or her life. The most important advice I can give for gaining the most benefit is to keep an open mind, then the possibilities are endless. I saw true and amazing change in myself and the people in my course over the month, and would highly recommend this for anyone looking for something more, whatever that may be.
I also recommend staying for at least a few days after the course ends on vacation at the Ashram. It allows everything that you have gained to truly sink in and you can appreciate more completely what you have learned and experienced. You'll leaving shining on the inside and out.

399 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I recently took a 5 day retreat to this ashram in the Bahamas, away from my family - husband and baby (15 months old). I had never been to a yoga ashram before, although I had practiced yoga since 1998. I was expecting warm water, tropical fruit, a few yoga classes . . . ha! I probably should have looked at the website more closely.

It's intense there - with the bell ringing to wake you up at 5:30am and the day ending around 10pm - and it's awesome. I would definitely go back there.

If you are looking for a break from the pace of daily life and want to pop in on a bunch of folks dedicating themselves to spiritual practice, this may be the place for you. I loved seeing how the ashram worked a bit (the teacher trainees were funny, many seemed really tired and really young), the chanting/meditation was great, and the guest lectures and workshops were interesting (and you can pop in and out of them to some degree).

I enjoyed my time there as a spiritual experience. I literally heard some things discussed that blew my mind, really transformed my perspective. That in itself was incredibly valuable.

It was fun meeting people from around the world at the communal meals. It's very easy to strike up conversations with people. I was there in January 2013 when it was quite busy.

The Bahamans are very friendly. The security guards at the airport were even friendly, and they were familiar with the ashram.

The food was delicious while I was there. I eat a vegan diet and nearly everything was vegan. There were lots of choices as to what to eat (but very little fruit, fyi). As a new mom, it was pretty awesome having food made for me. I found that I adjusted to the 2 meals a day thing pretty well, though I did eat granola bars or snacks in between.

All in all, great place to learn and grow, in a lovely setting. I would love to make this an annual trip.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 4 facing the ocean. I loved the view and hearing the ocean at night. The room is ve...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Beautiful, vibrant, and restorative, the Sivananda retreat offers an environment for yoga vacation, self-exploration, healing, spiritual practice, and beach lounging! Regardless of your experience with yoga, the retreat has something special for everyone. It is entirely what you make of it; they offer countless courses, daily speakers- experts in their fields in the arts of healing, yoga, and beyond, and a daily basic schedule that affords the vacationer simply here for yoga and beach relaxation- a WONDERFULLY energizing experience. Their wellness center is fabulous and offers incredible bodywork and massage sessions from very highly trained professional staff. The staff are welcoming and supportive, the food is vegetarian and very delicious. It is family friendly, couple friendly, and great for a solo vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms near the beach have lovely ocean waves that lull you to sleep. The bay side is quieter at nigh...
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I really don't have the words to express the depth of my experience in the Ashram. But, I will try. I had the blessing to be able to stay here for a whole month as part of the Advanced Yoga Teachers Training Course, that took place on Jan 4th 2013. A month of discipline, joy and inner transformation. One of my favorite aspects of this Ashram is the practice of Unity in Diversity. We were so fortunate to have an array of special guest every single night, bringing knowledge in diverse aspects of religion, arts and science. It is a sacred site, that if one surrenders to the energy that surrounds it, the magic begins. The teachers are simply an example of dedication and love towards spreading spirituality and the message of the grate saints. The overall atmosphere of Paradise Island speaks for it self, it is really like heaven, the blue perfect ocean and white sand surrounding the grounds of the ashram, one can not ask for any more. It is all here, you just have to experience it yourself.

Room Tip: The cabins on the west side are serene and the bathrooms are right next to it.
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The yoga retreat provided a great learning experience. The food was very good and I managed to avoid coffee for my whole stay.
Our teacher was a beautiful person who helped us improve our poses and provided thoughtful instruction.

• Stayed January 2013
Saint John NB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

When I arrived at the ashram, I could not get over how peaceful and beautiful it was. The people I have met there were awesome and I am still in contact with them. The food was over the top twice a day!! Not only that , you get these great workshops from world renowned authors and spiritual teachers from around the world. My favourite was a 3 day talk by Dr. Joe Dispenza. I would totally recommend to those looking for something different and unique.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I recently completed a short (6-day) yoga vacation and loved my time at the Sivananda Retreat. It was truly relaxing, the location is unbelievably beautiful and very convenient and the yoga instruction is blissful. The food is vegetarian and tasty (though at the end of 6 days, I craved cheese. Strangely enough I didn't miss eating meat) Recommended for open-minded people looking for a meaningful retreat experience.

Room Tip: Bay View AC with private bathroom is spartan but cosy and clean.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat? Share your experiences!