First off, we would definitely stay again. The only thing holding me back from giving a 5 star review is the overall price of the room given the size. A 1-bedroom penthouse at the Aria SkySuites was about half the price of an oceanfront luxury room. Nonetheless, it truly stands in contrast to the Vegas-esque atmosphere of nearby Atlantis. We could see the sunrise from our room every morning as we looked out over a serene lawn with hammocks and palm trees. The resort never felt crowded even when it was packed for Memorial Day weekend.
Some have complained about the butler service. We were pleased but we never hesitated to ask for him (Jason and Nelson) when we needed something. For those that were unsatisfied I'd be curious to know what they were expecting - a person standing outside the door all night? I think that is a bit unreasonable to expect. Given the butler service is a phone call away and our requests were fulfilled within 5 minutes was good enough for me.
For a family vacation we would probably go to Atlantis because there are so many more activities available. But for a romantic couples escape we have never experienced something so luxurious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under the deep blue of an endless Bahamian sky, wrapped in the turquoise waters of an exuberant sea, One&Only Ocean Club nestles peacefully along a shore of delicate white sand beach...a treasured sanctuary of privileged perfection.Renowned for its legendary sophistication and contemporary elegance, the resort was once the private estate of A&P heir Huntington Hartford II. Today, this alluring beachfront hideaway reflects the glamorous ambience and posh exclusivity of a grand colonial manor, welcoming generations of the world’s travelling elite. Expansive manicured lawns and towering coconut palms provide an enchanting backdrop to the pristine beaches of Paradise Island.Here, service is elevated to a fine art form by a gracious staff welcoming you into their colonial plantation home. Warm and inviting accommodation and residential-style villas are ideal for couples and families alike. The dining options at One&Only Ocean Club are renowned and unforgettable featuring the imaginative cuisine of chef Jean-George Vongerichten.One&Only Ocean Club is a playground of world-class golf, tennis, spa, and off property water-sports. The spectacular blue waters of the Caribbean are the elixir of Bahamian life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your One & Only Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One & Only Ocean Club Hotel Paradise Island
- One And Only Ocean Club
- One Only Ocean Hotel
- Ocean Club Bahamas
- One Only Ocean Resort
- One Only Bahamas
- One & Only Ocean Club Bahamas/Paradise Island