My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week before going on to Florida. Having had a wonderful stay at the One and Only in Mauritius, we had high expectations especially as this resort was considerably more expensive.
Sadly, we were left a little disappointed.
The rooms are tired - rather weak shower over a small bath, air conditioning sounded like a plane taking off (couldn't leave it on at night which meant mornings were uncomfortably warm).
Service generally good but dinner at Dune on the first night was unacceptably slow, especially as we had told the staff at the start that we had been travelling that day, were exhausted and wanted to go to bed soon.
Finally, the beach is average - Atlantis and its massive tower blocks are very nearby, so you don't get much of an impression of remoteness.
Finally, check your bill carefully!! There were mistakes on ours. In addition, there had also been a problem with charging to the room at the start of the trip. We noticed that the restaurants had our room number down incorrectly on the automatically-generated bill (although they had the right surname). Once this had happened a couple of times we went to reception to clear it up... Even though we had hand written the correct room number on the bills we signed, the staff hadn't altered this on the system so everything had been charged to the other room. Needless to say, it would have been a real mess if we hadn't noticed and pointed this out early.
A nice enough resort but unfortunately not one of the better ones in the One and Only collection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under the deep blue of an endless Bahamian sky, wrapped in the turquoise waters of an exuberant sea, One&Only Ocean Club nestles peacefully along a shore of delicate white sand beach...a treasured sanctuary of privileged perfection.Renowned for its legendary sophistication and contemporary elegance, the resort was once the private estate of A&P heir Huntington Hartford II. Today, this alluring beachfront hideaway reflects the glamorous ambience and posh exclusivity of a grand colonial manor, welcoming generations of the world’s travelling elite. Expansive manicured lawns and towering coconut palms provide an enchanting backdrop to the pristine beaches of Paradise Island.Here, service is elevated to a fine art form by a gracious staff welcoming you into their colonial plantation home. Warm and inviting accommodation and residential-style villas are ideal for couples and families alike. The dining options at One&Only Ocean Club are renowned and unforgettable featuring the imaginative cuisine of chef Jean-George Vongerichten.One&Only Ocean Club is a playground of world-class golf, tennis, spa, and off property water-sports. The spectacular blue waters of the Caribbean are the elixir of Bahamian life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your One & Only Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Ocean Club
- One & Only Ocean Club Hotel Paradise Island
- One Only Ocean Hotel
- Ocean Club Bahamas
- One Only Ocean Resort
- One Only Bahamas
- One & Only Ocean Club Bahamas/Paradise Island