Just back from four days at the One & Only. My wife and I stayed in a Garden View room, which was very comfortable and quiet - the bed was incredibly comfortable, and the bath and patio areas were private and very nice. We stayed 'on-campus' the entire time, and dined principally at 'Dune', the beachfront restaurant. We loved the food at Dune, and the service was generally very good - everyone was very friendly, and the servers were attentive by Caribbean standards, but not by NYC standards! This is a first-rate restaurant and thus expensive, but we appreciated the pricing variety on the wine list - quite reasonable. We ate at the Courtyard Terrace one evening, and found the food to be very good, but longed for the views of the ocean offered at Dune. Contrary to some earlier reviews, we thought the pool area was terrific, and we spent four full days there due to the storm surges which resulted in the beach being closed (there was a drowning nearby during our stay, confirming the vigilance of the resort's keeping the beach closed!) - the pool was very comfortable and the staff was very friendly and attentive.
Complaints / suggestions:
- the gym has some outdoor equipment which is being upgraded - make it happen! Basically the entire (outdoor) free weight area is 'open' but being renovated - that is fine, but again, 'do it' - there is no excuse for someone paying >$1000 per night not to have access to equipment!
- the majority of our stay was perfect, but there was a minor, unnecessary nuisance as we left - we were told to get a car to take us to the airport no later than 1030am, so we booked our car with the concierge, and booked luggage pickup at 1010...at 1024 I went to check in with the bellmen, and they said, 'yes sir we are picking up your luggage at 1010 and will have your taxi here at 1015...I said 'great, but it is already 1024'...he said 'wow how time flies'...they finally got my luggage but the taxi didn't show til 1050!!! We learned from the driver that the bellmen call their 'friends' to arrange cab rides...this is really unacceptable and should be corrected.
All in all, a great stay, and my guess is we'll be back!
- Also Known As:
- One & Only Ocean Club Hotel Paradise Island
- One And Only Ocean Club
- One & Only Ocean Club Hotel
- One Only Ocean Hotel
- Ocean Club Bahamas
- Ocean Club Paradise Island
- One Only Ocean Club
- One Only Ocean Resort
- Ocean Club
- One Only Bahamas
- One & Only Ocean Club Bahamas/Paradise Island
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Amex, Priceline, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your One & Only Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.