My wife and I spent a week at the One and Only Ocean Club in Nassau at the end of February. You will love this hotel because of its ambiance & wonderful, I would say exceptional, service.
The hotel is a very special property. It has a classical Brit colonial elegance and sobriety that is very appealing for those who really want to relax. The rooms, even those non-suites with a garden view, as the one we picked, have ample space and a wonderful terrace with rest chairs and a comfortable dinning table and are impeccably clean. The mini-bar is nothing but mini. Generous half-pint bottles of all the best drinks, with the exception of wine, which is really below average throughout the whole in-house dinning experience.
The beach is absolutely pristine. White sand and those blues only found in Bahamas. One of the jewels of the Hotel is the Beach House, which allows you to enjoy the beach from the comfort of a terrace and in an open-air bar. Smokers are not discriminated.
The restaurants, room service, and food are not a highlight: sufficiently good not to become an issue, but very far from what you would expect from such a refined environment.
The Hotel has one of those details that define real luxury: one pool for adults, and a separate one for families. What this adds to your experience needs no comment. The pools are large enough to exercise but not as big to feel in an Olympic games villa, have a prudent surrounding space –close enough to admire the blonde in the bikini but sufficiently distant not to have to share into her newlywed conversation.
The in-house activities -swimming, sunbathing, tennis, great spa, and just reading and relaxing- are enough for people like us. In contrast, the out-of-property experience is horrible. The hotel relies on its partnership with The Atlantis, and other outside providers, to arrange activities such as snorkeling, sailing and fishing. In most cases you are bumped with a gang of strangers, which –how I will put it- frequently have other criteria than yours about dress code, manners and etiquette. To give you an idea, beyond the gate is like spring break in Cancun or an all-you-can eat weekend in Las Vegas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under the deep blue of an endless Bahamian sky, wrapped in the turquoise waters of an exuberant sea, One&Only Ocean Club nestles peacefully along a shore of delicate white sand beach...a treasured sanctuary of privileged perfection.Renowned for its legendary sophistication and contemporary elegance, the resort was once the private estate of A&P heir Huntington Hartford II. Today, this alluring beachfront hideaway reflects the glamorous ambience and posh exclusivity of a grand colonial manor, welcoming generations of the world’s travelling elite. Expansive manicured lawns and towering coconut palms provide an enchanting backdrop to the pristine beaches of Paradise Island.Here, service is elevated to a fine art form by a gracious staff welcoming you into their colonial plantation home. Warm and inviting accommodation and residential-style villas are ideal for couples and families alike. The dining options at One&Only Ocean Club are renowned and unforgettable featuring the imaginative cuisine of chef Jean-George Vongerichten.One&Only Ocean Club is a playground of world-class golf, tennis, spa, and off property water-sports. The spectacular blue waters of the Caribbean are the elixir of Bahamian life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Jetsetter, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your One & Only Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Ocean Club
- One & Only Ocean Club Hotel Paradise Island
- One Only Ocean Hotel
- Ocean Club Bahamas
- One Only Ocean Resort
- One Only Bahamas
- One & Only Ocean Club Bahamas/Paradise Island