My husband & I stayed at the One and Only Ocean Club in June 2012. We had a beautiful spacious room in the Crescent wing, overlooking gardens with hammocks slung between palm trees & looking out to the ocean.
I can't fault the room, clean, airy, spacious, large bathroom - we found a lovely fruit basket on arrival. Champagne & chocolate strawberries were delivered every afternoon. Large sized Molton Brown toiletries - replenished daily. Wi-fi in the room. Our only issue - the safe got stuck in the locked mode & the maintenance man was unable to repair it. It had to be broken into & a new safe delivered. This was accomplished with a minimum of fuss.
The food was good - but be prepared to pay high prices. We found better value at breakfast by ordering from the a la carte menu rather than the buffet breakfast. Be prepared for quite a wait for breakfast. Leave plenty of time if you chose a la carte.
Great service on the beach - sunbeds carried to where you wish to sit, towels arranged, ice-buckets brought over, waiters available for drinks. Sun cream & magazines available on the beach steps. The beach itself is wonderful. Warm waters, clean sands.
The spa was a bit of a let down. The private villa was beautiful but the massage was nothing special.
The shuttle service to and from Atlantis was excellent. Visiting Atlantis made us glad we were staying at the Ocean Club. The room key from the Ocean Club gave us free access to all areas of the Atlantis resort.
We took a trip out to Stuart's Cove to go on the underwater scooters - great fun &. real experience even if my control of the scooter left a lot to be desired!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under the deep blue of an endless Bahamian sky, wrapped in the turquoise waters of an exuberant sea, One&Only Ocean Club nestles peacefully along a shore of delicate white sand beach...a treasured sanctuary of privileged perfection.Renowned for its legendary sophistication and contemporary elegance, the resort was once the private estate of A&P heir Huntington Hartford II. Today, this alluring beachfront hideaway reflects the glamorous ambience and posh exclusivity of a grand colonial manor, welcoming generations of the world’s travelling elite. Expansive manicured lawns and towering coconut palms provide an enchanting backdrop to the pristine beaches of Paradise Island.Here, service is elevated to a fine art form by a gracious staff welcoming you into their colonial plantation home. Warm and inviting accommodation and residential-style villas are ideal for couples and families alike. The dining options at One&Only Ocean Club are renowned and unforgettable featuring the imaginative cuisine of chef Jean-George Vongerichten.One&Only Ocean Club is a playground of world-class golf, tennis, spa, and off property water-sports. The spectacular blue waters of the Caribbean are the elixir of Bahamian life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your One & Only Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Ocean Club
- One & Only Ocean Club Hotel Paradise Island
- One Only Ocean Hotel
- Ocean Club Bahamas
- One Only Ocean Resort
- One Only Bahamas
- One & Only Ocean Club Bahamas/Paradise Island