The One & Only are luxury resorts to go to when you want to splurge! The obvious is that they are expensive, but in my opinion they do not disappoint. The exclusivity begins the minute you make your reservation online or on the phone. Once they noticed that my wife and I had previously stayed at one of their properties 3 years prior, they immediately upgraded us to the crescent wing which is a $400 per night difference from what we had originally booked. The butler service is superb; you can request anything at any time of the day. Our butler heard me and my wife complaining about the prices of drinks and how we like to drink cappuccinos and espressos in the afternoon; that he brought us our own espresso machine in the room and made sure we had the coffee pods all week long.
Yes, we did run into a couple of problems with some staff: the ones that make your feel like they are doing you a favor and you HAVE to tip them (like other reviews mentioned). But once that was out of the way our butler made us feel like the only ones on the property. This is a place where if you complain of mosquitoes in the room, they come in change all the sheets, covers, towels and spray the room from top to bottom with repellant!
We stayed here with our 7 month year old boy and I have to say, considering the demographics of clients that stay at this hotel, they were more than accommodating. One of the biggest reasons we chose this hotel over others, was for their babysitting service. We utilized this service every night around dinner time. It allowed my Wife and I to enjoy our nightly dinners and helped us to really celebrate our anniversary. There is nothing worse then seeing the sweaty, angry, overworked, inpatient, morning staff at breakfast time and at this place it’s quite the opposite of that. Breakfast quickly became our favorite time of the day. Our waiter would wait for us everyday, save us the same spot, remember our order and greet us with the biggest smile. When the food arrived him and the hostess would play with our baby boy to allow us to eat. I have never seen anything quite like it. There is nothing really that I can think of that they can improve on more then lowering their prices; even offering some kind of half board accommodations. The beach service is exceptional, to accommodate the beautiful beach its self and the property is kept clean and looking gorgeous.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Ocean Club
- One & Only Ocean Club Hotel
- One & Only Ocean Club Hotel Paradise Island
- One Only Ocean Hotel
- Ocean Club Bahamas
- Ocean Club Paradise Island
- One Only Ocean Club
- One Only Ocean Resort
- Ocean Club
- One Only Bahamas
- One & Only Ocean Club Bahamas/Paradise Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under the deep blue of an endless Bahamian sky, wrapped in the turquoise waters of an exuberant sea, One&Only Ocean Club nestles peacefully along a shore of delicate white sand beach...a treasured sanctuary of privileged perfection.Renowned for its legendary sophistication and contemporary elegance, the resort was once the private estate of A&P heir Huntington Hartford II. Today, this alluring beachfront hideaway reflects the glamorous ambience and posh exclusivity of a grand colonial manor, welcoming generations of the world’s travelling elite. Expansive manicured lawns and towering coconut palms provide an enchanting backdrop to the pristine beaches of Paradise Island.Here, service is elevated to a fine art form by a gracious staff welcoming you into their colonial plantation home. Warm and inviting accommodation and residential-style villas are ideal for couples and families alike. The dining options at One&Only Ocean Club are renowned and unforgettable featuring the imaginative cuisine of chef Jean-George Vongerichten.One&Only Ocean Club is a playground of world-class golf, tennis, spa, and off property water-sports. The spectacular blue waters of the Caribbean are the elixir of Bahamian life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere, Otel, HotelsClick and Jetsetter so you can book your One & Only Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.