“Birthday Present for the Husband” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Aquariums
Activities: Swimming with dolphins
Attraction Details
Denver, Colorado
“Birthday Present for the Husband”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband has always wanted to swim with dolphins...me...not so much. Thankfully only one of wanted to do this activity because it was so expensive! He did the deep water swim and had a blast. We both thought the time in the water with the dolphins was adequate. Not sure we'd pay the money to do it again, but it was pleasant/fun enough for my husband the first time!

Beech Island, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Dolphins were awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Wanted to write a quick review and say I enjoyed this excursion very much. Swimming with the dolphins and interacting with them was a worthwhile and remarkable experience like none other! The team working with us were very friendly and professional, and I felt like the care of the dolphins was exceptional. I have never had a chance to do anything like this, so this opportunity may not come my way again and I'm glad to say it went well and didn't disappoint me at all. We received instruction, brand new snorkels to keep, and nice wetsuits that were clean. After instruction, swimming, and petting the dolphin, the dolphin then even pushed me across the water with a big push for what I call a "ride" and it was great! My husband and I were with another couple during this experience and we all four really had a great time and felt like we got good attention. The only negative are the picture prices. Very high and you can't buy just one photo. If you want dolphin pictures, you do pay what we feel is a hefty price for them. I did buy the smallest package because I really wanted to take home a tangible memory of that day, but we paid to do the encounter, it seemed a bit steep to offer pictures and to price them so high. Other than that, it was great and this was time well spent. You can't put a price on a one-of-a-kind experience! The rest of Atlantis was included in this particular excursion and that portion was not so enjoyable. It could have been, but we were limited on time and didn't have the opportunity to do all the fun things available. Maybe next time we can plan to stay there and get more time at the water park.

Houston
27 attraction reviews
“Definitly Do this Once”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We recieved a free pass with our rate. My wife went for $99. You learn a lot about the dolphins and you are in a group of abou 8-10 people. Very cool interaction and you get to hug and kiss the dolphin. The take pictures for you as well

Cary, North Carolina, Usa
“Great for young children and tweens (not so much teens)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My 11 yr. old girl loved it but my 14 y r. old boy - not so much. It was short and very expensive so make sure your children are very excited. For my daughter, swimming with a dolphin was incredible!

CB/BigD
“Worth doing once”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We just visited Atlantis while on a cruise and did the Dolphin Cay shallow water experience. It was pricey but I am glad we went. My 10 year old daughter loved it. I would say the trick is which trainer you are with. Ours was OK but I could tell one of the other groups had a much better time.