“Great attraction” 4 of 5 stars

Rio Grande, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
“Great attraction”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Over all great attraction. Life guards need to be retrained. Several sleeping, talking on cell phone, not even looking at the water, or just talking with other staff again not even paying attention to water or guests.

Bethel, Connecticut
23 attraction reviews
“A good water park...not necessarily a great one”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

After all the hype I had heard about Atlantis' water park, I guess I couldn't help but be a little disappointed. Aquaventure is a very good water park, not necessarily a great one. I have been to many water parks on the east coast of the United States from Virginia down to Florida and some much bigger than Aquaventure. Many of the slides that they advertise in their brochures are kiddie slides and really don't count. The "lazy" river wins awards hands down as the best rapids ride I have ever been on but I must note that it is far too dangerous a ride for one to ever be found in the United States and that makes one wonder about the wisdom of letting your young children on it. Kudos must also be given to the slide that meanders through the shark tank as this is something I don't think you'll experience anywhere else. Much has been written on these boards about the huge crowds due to cruise ship visitors but, in the week that we stayed at Atlantis, I didn't find any surprises in the length of the lines...the water park was busiest from 11 to 4 when the sun is at its zenith, just as any water park is busy that I have ever been to. On a side note, the food that we had there was typical grill fare and reasonably priced. The conch fritters, a Bahamian specialty, were especially good. If you are a day visitor you might want to note that almost all of the food stands are cashless and thus you need to bring along a credit card. Lockers are available in the park for a fee but we didn't bother...our cell phones and room cards were fine just tucked into our beach bag with the rest of our stuff. I read on the boards about difficulty getting rafts to use on the rides but we didn't have any problems during our summer stay and attendance was up there. Overall, I enjoyed Aquaventure but will not go as far to say that it is the best water park that I have ever been to. I truly enjoy Typhoon Lagoon at Disney more.

Visited August 2013
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Fab on days the ocean was closed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

The ocean was closed for about half our stay due to winds I guess. Not a problem! there were rapids, slides, pools for every taste! DJs and all kept clean and neat at all times. Plenty of towels and tubes for everyone. November was a great time to be there.

Providence
8 attraction reviews
“Can't Beat It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My son and I stayed on the lazy river from morning until it closed. It is so much fun for people of all ages. We met a 80-something enjoying the park along with many families and couples.

3 attraction reviews
“I can't say enough good things and here is why...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

It was a dream come true. Grounds were beautiful. Rides were fun. Up until this point I would say Atlantis is the most beautiful place I have ever seen (as of 2012). The food was great and the sunset was magical. The price intimidated me at first (over 150 to get in) but I am ready and willing to pay it again.

Do you ever notice...
I read the negative reviews on this place and I am in shock and then I realize how they happen. If you ever notice a pattern 90% of negative reviews normally come from folks who had a bad incident to start off with (Concert at Atlantis wasn't fun, Someone fell and hurt themselves, Someone thought their kids hated it, someone happened to meet a random employee who was rude.) Then everything else filters through that first impression. I don't know what to say. Nothing bad happened to sour myself or my wife and so our whole day was like a dream come true. Try it once. You never know until you see for yourself....

Find out where everything is (hidden slides, the Dig, the beaches) so you don't miss a thing. If you come on a cruise ship don't take the free shuttle back. Pay ten bucks and take a cab so you can stay for the sunset.

oh yeah. Bring sandals cause the concrete is HOT. There. My one criticism. :-)

Visited April 2013