My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights in February. We were looking for a relaxing, quick getaway, away from all the nonsense you'll experience on Paradise Island. This property provided exactly what we were looking for. It is propped up on a hill, with lots of shrubbery for privacy and a beautiful view of the ocean. The owner and staff are helpful and accommodating. The king size beds are comfortable, the rooms can use some upgrading (newer AC unit, new fridge, safe (the safe is actually part of the fridge cabinet), shower/shower head could use an upgrade (tight fit, pressure was okay).
They offer free car service to the airport, BUT not from the airport. The taxi from the airport to the B&B will cost about $10. The breakfast is continental at best, however, they will make you eggs or something else if you ask. Taxis from the B&B to downtown can get expensive ($25-$40). Reserve a scooter or plan on flagging down the number 10 or 12 jitney to town for $1.50 a person (they run from 9am to 7pm daily).
We didn't have dinner there, but if you tell them early enough, they will make dinner for you. There is coffee, tea and water available all day, and an honest bar for cocktails/beer/wine. Laundry services are on the ground floor for a fee.
The closest beach is at Compass Point Resort and Spa (about a 10 minute walk). They will charge you $10 to use their facilities for the day. It is worth it. Their facilities are really nice. Their restaurant is tasty, drinks are strong. There is a local shop down the road that serves tropical conch salad and beer, it's worth going there for the food and experience. Traveller's Restaurant is okay, service is slow, average bar food, nice live entertainment, but only open Wednesday - Sunday nights.
- Also Known As:
- a Stone`s Throw Away Hotel
- a Stone`s Throw Away Hotel Nassau
- A Stone's Throw Away Bahamas/Nassau
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the west end of New Providence lies an exquisite hideaway. A STONE'S THROW AWAY is perched on one of the highest elevations by the coast. Here our Guests can indulge in a rare panoramic view of Nassau 's land and sea. The scenery boasts the best of the island's natural wonders, from the native pine forest by Lake Killarney to the brim of the coral reefs that protect the glimmering beaches of west Nassau. The property was recently built to echo the traditions of an old Bahamian home: wood floors and wood ceilings, louvered shutters and a large wrap around porch bring the visitors back to a quieter time long ago when the music of the islands could be heard in the whispers of the trade winds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo and Agoda so you can book your A Stone's Throw Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.