We didn't stay at the B & B, but wanted to be sure to go for a meal. We walked up from Compass Point where we were staying. I had read about the dog who will walk you to and from the beach, but that was from an old review. We walked what is a bit of a dodgy road with lots of blind turns and not much shoulder and were all of a sudden greeted by our sentinel (see picture). He walked us all the way along the road and up the hill. He then turned, gave us a glance of "my work is done here," and headed back down the hill. A really cool experience -- he nipped at the cars as they drove by as if to ward off pesky flies. We were greeted by Carlin, one of the nicest men, with one of the warmest smiles you could ever meet. A positive person who displays great kindness and genuine hospitality. We really loved the view from the porch where we had our meal. The menu was set and Carlin informed us that he and the Chef, Tony, were new to the place and took it on to do something "special." With years in the industry, you can tell that Carlin really treats each guest as if they are a longtime friend. We enjoyed some great soul music, conversation, wine, views, and food. My fiance started with the Conch Chowder, with some nice lingering heat. I had the salad with one of the best dressings I've ever had (Carlin said a guest from Italy days earlier asked him to bottle it, and so did I). We then enjoyed the Curry Chicken and Grouper with some of the best Jasmine rice. Tiaramasu and Ice cream for desert. The night was most enjoyable and we look forward to seeing Carlin again -- he's a true Ambassador for the Inn and for the Islands of the Bahamas -- thanks Tony & Carlin!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the west end of New Providence lies an exquisite hideaway. A STONE'S THROW AWAY is perched on one of the highest elevations by the coast. Here our Guests can indulge in a rare panoramic view of Nassau 's land and sea. The scenery boasts the best of the island's natural wonders, from the native pine forest by Lake Killarney to the brim of the coral reefs that protect the glimmering beaches of west Nassau. The property was recently built to echo the traditions of an old Bahamian home: wood floors and wood ceilings, louvered shutters and a large wrap around porch bring the visitors back to a quieter time long ago when the music of the islands could be heard in the whispers of the trade winds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your A Stone's Throw Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a Stone`s Throw Away Hotel Nassau
- A Stone's Throw Away Bahamas/Nassau