A welcome change to staying at any one of the mega resorts. A Stone's Trow Away, as written on the sign near the entrance, is a great spot near the water but away from the tourist hot spots of downtown Nassau and the Island. The ocean view room with a huge semi-private deck allowed us a spot to relax and unwind for a few days before heading off to one of the out islands. The room was nice, the food (when available) was decent and the staff were very helpful and amazingly friendly like all the Bahamians we had the pleasure to meet.
The building, however, is in desparate need of a handyman to fix the little annoying things that will always come up. The toilet was loose from the floor, the shower drain cover was broken, the fridge barely kept things cool, etc. Silly little things that do add up when one spends $200+ per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the west end of New Providence lies an exquisite hideaway. A STONE'S THROW AWAY is perched on one of the highest elevations by the coast. Here our Guests can indulge in a rare panoramic view of Nassau 's land and sea. The scenery boasts the best of the island's natural wonders, from the native pine forest by Lake Killarney to the brim of the coral reefs that protect the glimmering beaches of west Nassau. The property was recently built to echo the traditions of an old Bahamian home: wood floors and wood ceilings, louvered shutters and a large wrap around porch bring the visitors back to a quieter time long ago when the music of the islands could be heard in the whispers of the trade winds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your A Stone's Throw Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a Stone`s Throw Away Hotel Nassau
- A Stone's Throw Away Bahamas/Nassau